Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2021, 07:28 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Dash noise - coming from this- What is it?

So, about an hour from our destination I started hearing a noise coming from within our dash. Vibration, motor running type of sound. When arrived at CG, I lifted the hood and diagnosed it was coming from the indicated device. Was vibrating and running continuously. Appears to be part of the dash A/C system maybe??

I disconnected the wires going to it and it quit. Went back in and tested the Dash A/C and vent fan/systems and all seemed to be working OK.

Can anyone tell me what this is, and what it does (some sort of vacuum pump or something?)

Thanks
Randy
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2021, 07:36 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
It's a vacuum pump. It creates vacuum to run your dash HVAC controls.
TonyMac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 07:41 AM   #3

Yes it's the vacuum pump that operates the A/C vent controls. Usually when it runs continuously it means a hose has fallen off.
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 07:41 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Above it you see a half sphere. That is the vacuum reservoir. It stores vacuum for use when you reposition the dash hvac vents.

The big green thing underneath is the generator (duh). The plug on the left side of the generator goes to your dash generator controls.

The white sticker with the "2.5" on it: Just under it is the fresh air intake for your dasah hvac
TonyMac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 08:06 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMac View Post
It's a vacuum pump. It creates vacuum to run your dash HVAC controls.
OK, kind of what I thought. But why when I disconnected it, did the dash A/C still seem to work OK, or maybe I just didn't let it run long enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algoma View Post
Yes it's the vacuum pump that operates the A/C vent controls. Usually when it runs continuously it means a hose has fallen off.
All hoses are connected. That doesn't seem to be the reason it is running continuously.

When the unit goes bad, could it result in this condition?
Old 08-23-2021, 08:57 AM   #6

Have you checked the dashboard selector switch. I haven't checked on mine but usually the vacuum line goes to that switch and then gets routed from there to the relevant flaps. If you look at the small blue hose, it goes to the A/C vent above the generator. This vent flap should open when the selector is in VENT but close when you select A/C. If it doesn't, I would suspect the selector.

This website some info that might help https://www.proairllc.com/design-eng...empcon-guides/
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash, noise