Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-17-2018, 04:11 PM   #1

Dedicated cable for Dish DVR receiver

Wondering if anyone can help me out on a 2008 Dutch Star model 4354 with the wall tv in living area and bedroom tv on full wall slide. Have a Dish DVR 2 channel receiver and wanting to watch separate channel on bedroom tv from that on living room tv. Needs to be a dedicated cable and found a cable where the Dish receiver is located that has the tag "Sat" on it. In a cabinet above the tv in bedroom is a wall plate and one connection is labeled "Sat" so thought I had it made and used those two but no picture. Ran a cable across floor inside coach and it works fine so somewhere between receiver and bedroom there is a splitter or some connection disrupting the dedicated run. Looked in basement but could not find anything and really not even sure where the cable marked "Sat" is located once it goes in to wall.
Has anyone else ever tried this and if so what was the solution? A Newmar service rep told me to run a dedicated new cable but that is not an easy option, but if I could at least find where the cable from Dish receiver ends up, it might be an easier run to bedroom tv.....HELP! and thanks for any input.
19481955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2018, 08:14 PM   #2

I'm having a similar problem in our '09 Dutch Aire. The signal from our dish antenna to our bedroom TV has stopped working . OTA signal works fine. From your description its sounds like we both have the same or similar wall connections above the rear TV. Mine don't work either. After spending a lot of wasted time and phone minutes with Dish techs the SAT signal problem still persists. I'll be returning to FL in September and a reliable local SAT technician to have this problem looked at.
Our main TV is located midway in the main living area outside the half bath. The cabinet below has at least three splitters in it and I've tried tracing where each goes. Not easy. SAT signal works fine in the main cabin. I've switched the receiver boxes and each works fine.
I wish I had a remedy in place to pass along right now. If you come up with a fix please pass it along.
Old 07-19-2018, 08:19 AM   #3

American Coach Owners Club
All of our components are located above the refrigerator. I had to pull all the components out and found the cable there that I could dedicate to the bedroom TV. Took one cable from the dish and connected to the cable marked bedroom.
Not sure if this helps you or not.
Old 07-19-2018, 08:23 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
What sat dish are you using?
I have a winegard travíler with a dish VIP 722 DVR receiver. I will PM you tomorrow with a wiring diagram on how to make your system work.
You will need two diplexers (not signal splitters) to make it work.
The sat cable going to the wall connection in the bedroom is connected to your antenna. Youíll have to disconnect it from the antenna and connect it to one of the diplexers. Youíll see it in the diagram. Mine works great.
Old 07-19-2018, 08:38 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
I think mine is about like yours. The wall plates marked sat are cables straight from satellite, I put a traverler system on. If you hooked a reciever up to bedroom sat then to tv, all set. You mention 2 channel reciever I have the 722. It can send out the sat signal on channel 60 for one reciever and 62 for other. I found splitter behind main tv next to all the stereo stuff, I changed that out to a 4 way (I have 4 tvs) diplexer. I can watch reciever 1 or 2 all depending on which channel I tune to on any tv in mh. Of course only the remote for 2 works without seeing tv. Basically I copied what they put in house and it works for me. Good luck
Old 07-20-2018, 08:11 PM   #6

Thanks for the help!

All of you who replied to my post are just awesome! After reading Bill's post I started thinking more about Dish antennae and finally climbed up on roof where The Winegard Traveler is located and found two cables nearby that were not connected to anything. I didn't really think it could be that easy but I took a barrel connector and hooked the two loose ends together on roof and to my amazement I had a picture on Ch 60 in the bedroom! Another post helped me out, when he stated the "Sat" marked cable behind receiver and the "Sat" marked wall connection in bedroom went to Satellite dish. So connecting the two made the dedicated cable run from the "Home distribution" connection on the VIP722DVR to the bedroom tv. My motorhome was bought used so originally it must have had a different antennae system than the Traveler, but those two spare cables came in handy this time! I could rattle on and on but just a big thanks to the replies I got and this forum is so great with all the helpful posts!
All the best to everyone.....
19481955 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable, cat, dish