Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-07-2021, 09:48 PM   #1

Dedication of our personal Newmar Service Center

Twenty four years ago this week we purchased our first new Newmar, a 1997 London Aire. After 7 years and over 100K miles it was time for a 45 foot, 4 slide coach, and what other would that be for us but a Newmar Essex. After 14 years in our Essex, with over 145K miles of travel from Alaska to all but one state in the US, it was time again to purchase our last Newmar coach, our 2018 LA on the Spartan K-3 chassis and a 605 Cummins. We really feel we are living the dream with our Newmars, and it was time to dedicate our personal Newmar/Spartan Service Center, where we have spent hundreds of hours keeping these great machines ready to travel at all times. Between irv2, Newmar Kountry Klub, and FMCA seminars, we have learned a lot and have shared a lot by doing our own seminars.
In our service center we have done almost all maintenance on these 3 great machines. But we have also replaced a turbo, installed a residential fridge, removed most carpet to add wooden floors, replaced all air bags/shocks, numerous times we've replaced all batteries, upgraded TV/satellite systems, service trans/rear axle assembly, and as posted on irv2, now numerous slide out motor repairs/adjustments.
As we head toward our 25 years of Newmar coach ownership we realize how enjoyable it has been to travel in them, and we have made them the center piece of our last 24 years. In the next year or two, we will hit the 300K mile mark of Newmar travel, and what a ride it has been! We hope all other Newmar owners experience the same joy that we have gotten out of our Newmar coaches.
When you travel as much as we have, you need a great location to get your service done, and that is why we are dedicating our personal service center. We are equally as lucky to get to keep our coaches on the property so we can enjoy them more.
Newmar Man
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0781.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	327588   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0772.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	144.3 KB
ID:	327589  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0787.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	164.0 KB
ID:	327590  
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2021, 05:21 AM   #2

That looks terrific. I would like to make an appointment please ?

2015 Dutch Star 4369, Freightliner, 450 hp
clawsonbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 09:58 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Now that's quite a story of dedication Tom to a product, such as Newmar.
You have all the qualifications to be the next Newmar moderator when my time expires, never know at my age been pushing it the last few years.
This forum has a really good following as I check the views up in the 900's some evenings so you would be a good replacement.
The forum members that sure know more than me now with all these new coach's and are always helping out new members and dedicated to this irv2 Newmar forum is sure appreciated by me.
This forum was about 6th or 5th, 15 years back and all our hard work attracting new members has paid of we are now the second busiest forum on irv2, never expect to be first Class A Forum will hold that distinction.
GOOD job by all, thanks. 007
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 03:05 PM   #4

The Newmar Forum is awesome! That is mostly due to the many members here, like Tom, 007, Dutch Star Don, and many others too numerous to mention who gladly share their experience.

And it takes the people asking questions as well! I know I have personally learned and continue to learn a lot from this group.

I believe this forum has literally saved me thousands of dollars in pre-emptive maintenance actions and "things to watch" before they become an issue, not to mention DIY fix vs paying a shop to do things. While one can get all that for free just by tuning in here, I consider the Newmar forum alone well worth contributing to IRV2.

Mike

Tags
cat, newmar, service