Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2013, 07:52 AM   #1

Diesel Exhaust Fluid

New Prevost H3-45 motorhomes now roll off the assembly line with the filler for Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) on the driver side. An aftermarket retrofit kit is available for earlier editions of these models equipped with EPA 10 (and later) engines.

It's about time. I'm sure most of the manufacturers will be doing this before long.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2013, 07:56 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Location: KM Parks in Western Washington and Yuma,Az for the Winter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadweary View Post
New Prevost H3-45 motorhomes now roll off the assembly line with the filler for Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) on the driver side. An aftermarket retrofit kit is available for earlier editions of these models equipped with EPA 10 (and later) engines.

It's about time. I'm sure most of the manufacturers will be doing this before long.
I thought that was the norm. Mine is on the dvr's side. Just makes good sense but then Winnibago makes good stuff!!
Old 05-05-2013, 08:23 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finhawk View Post
I thought that was the norm. Mine is on the dvr's side. Just makes good sense but then Winnibago makes good stuff!!
On the other hand, my 2012 Journey has it on the passenger side. Although I can fill the fuel tank from either side and do not find it a problem. I also do not mind entering into a fuel island from either direction. Just because you drive a MH or an 18 wheeler you still needs to wait your turn! It is only curtious! In 2012 Winnebago did not have a tank mounted gauge on the DEF tank. In 2013 they do. At least they recognized the need and did something about it. I looked into retrofitting mine but the cost was out of what I was willing to spend.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:43 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Location: KM Parks in Western Washington and Yuma,Az for the Winter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckiest Dreamer View Post
On the other hand, my 2012 Journey has it on the passenger side. Although I can fill the fuel tank from either side and do not find it a problem. I also do not mind entering into a fuel island from either direction. Just because you drive a MH or an 18 wheeler you still needs to wait your turn! It is only curtious! In 2012 Winnebago did not have a tank mounted gauge on the DEF tank. In 2013 they do. At least they recognized the need and did something about it. I looked into retrofitting mine but the cost was out of what I was willing to spend.
Strange! Mine has a DEF fuel level indicator on the instrument panel. Check and see if you have 4 green lines under the speedometer. There shouldn't be that much difference between the Journey and the Meridian.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:30 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finhawk View Post
Strange! Mine has a DEF fuel level indicator on the instrument panel. Check and see if you have 4 green lines under the speedometer. There shouldn't be that much difference between the Journey and the Meridian.
Mine also has it on the instrament panel. Not at the tank so you can see where you are at when filling as the 2013 ones do.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:41 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Newmar had the chance to be first to do this. For whatever reason they decided not to move forward. When they finally do it, unfortunately the feature will be an also ran.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel, fluid