Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-07-2020, 09:52 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Sisco,
When we ordered our coach we had Newmar wire the TV;s so that the Bedroom and outside TV were connected together and the front TV's were together.
This way we can watch different programs if we want to.
ShelbyTom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2020, 11:01 AM   #16
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Tom....just to be clear, even though you tied the two fronts together and the bedroom and outside together, you neglected to state that it requires TWO receivers to watch different channels. This is what the OP's question was partially about.....don't want to confuse him.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 11:23 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Tom....just to be clear, even though you tied the two fronts together and the bedroom and outside together, you neglected to state that it requires TWO receivers to watch different channels. This is what the OP's question was partially about.....don't want to confuse him.
Don is correct as usual.
I did not mean to confuse the issue but was letting the OP know that the option is available when ordering a new coach. If not there is no way to separate the inside TV’s later
ShelbyTom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 11:41 AM   #18
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
Does anyone know if we will ever get ABC,CBS and NBC back when using Directv? I assume Dish has the same restrictions regarding the networks.
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 12:04 PM   #19

Do you have a home account where locals show up?
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 04:47 PM   #20

Dutch Star Don,

When you say you get the west coast feed what do you mean?

As far as I know the network package out of NY or LA have gone the way of the dodo. Are you still getting LA network locals anywhere you are parked over DirectTV?
Old 10-08-2020, 05:02 PM   #21

YES

I can't speak for Don but I get FOX east and west coast at this time.
texskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 07:17 PM   #22
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I get ABC, NBC, CBS for the west coast anywhere in the country. The only thing I lose when we get over 200 miles away from home, is three spot beamed L/.A. channels.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 12:30 PM   #23

Texas

I live in texas so not local. Get Fox everywhere plus my home local when we are with in 200 miles.
texskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 10:42 PM   #24

Don- Since I seem to have decent Directv satellite service and Winguard Carryout reception when under trees, You are undoubtedly correct that I should stay where I am. I know nothing about Roku, streaming, or any of the other new tech TV deals. In fact when I ordered my 2015 DS all I knew was I wanted Directv and outside compartment connections for the stand-alone dish when needed on account of trees. Boy was I ever nieve and way out of my league. I had the dealer order and hook up my satellite receivers, one in bedroom and one up front. Since my previous 2004 coach had the old fashion selector box to choice which TV you wanted on which receptor I had just assumed the 2015 front and rear TVs were hooked on separate lines.
I sure went into that new 2015 blind even tho I thought I had done lots of research.
Appreciate your warning about the Roku. I do have good reception on my Verizon phone and also use the Mobley for Wifi on the computer.
I continue to feel like I traded off a Model T vehicle and stepped into a new Corvette.
Old 10-15-2020, 09:45 AM   #25

I have one other question. With our HD Winegaurd on our 2015 Bus we had two coax coming from the Satellite so we could hook up both coax's to the 2 inputs on our HD DVR. We could only watch one channel, but we could watch one channel and record another channel at the same time. We are taking delivery of our new Mountain Aire and I see two outlets but one says for dish network which we don't have. Does anyone know if there are 2 hookups or know anyone at the factory I could talk to about this?

Thanks,

Ben
Sisco is offline   Reply With Quote