Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2020, 05:38 PM   #1

DirecTV RIPOFF - Network Package

If you were subscribed to the distant Network package, paying $15/mth for distant channels, you already know that DirecTV cancelled this package on June 1, 2020, stating that Congress didn't reinstate some legislation.

CHECK YOUR BILL!!! I found the DirecTV was still charging me for the Network Package after June 1. After two frustrating phone calls I finally received a call-back from a supervisor who explained that the Network Package had not been removed from my account. It seems that DirecTV will continue to charge you for Network Package even though they are not providing the channels. If like me, you may find you have to call to have the Network Package removed.

I would change to Dish Network if it wasn't such a hassle to change the equipment.
and: The Aviators: Stories of Helicopter Combat in Vietnam 1971-72
LK23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2020, 05:30 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
I can't believe a supervisor actually called you back! AT&T is the most untrustworthy company I have ever dealt with. They lied to me regularly. Although I found the product ok, I couldn't stand dealing with them to the point I converted my Trav'ler to Dish. It's cost me money, but there is peace of mind not giving any more money to AT&T. Thanks for the heads up and I'm not surprised they'd try something so shifty for a few bucks.
CMHMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 10:28 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
I called Wingard, and they told me that it would be roughly $300 for them to send you a Dish dish and the LMB. There are four bolts to change the dish, and I do suppose it would not be that much trouble to change out the LMB. If you cannot deal with this, I am sure there would be someone, who could assist in the swap.
BlueToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 11:49 AM   #4

Been with DTV since 2010. Have not had a problem. Don't change our address as we travel. Can watch local off our batwing.
pjgolpher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 12:07 PM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjgolpher View Post
Been with DTV since 2010. Have not had a problem. Don't change our address as we travel. Can watch local off our batwing.
Do you have a customer service phone number for them? I bought a new RV with a Direct system and dont know who to call? What do you pay?
Old 06-30-2020, 08:35 AM   #6

Inlineskater...
I call 800-531-5000. I get all channels and pay $80.00/month.
pjgolpher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 10:57 AM   #7

No DNS but something similar

I received the DNS termination message from DTV also with the June 1 cut off due to congress not renewing the authorization. However, a few days into June (and the channels still online) DTV sent an updated message to the effect that they had come to an agreement with NBC, CBS, and PBS to continue the DNS service from both coasts. ABC and the CW would no longer be carried. That's seems to be the status of this service as of today. My bill was reduced by about $15/month.
rvnavigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 08:05 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Spartan Chassis
We dumped DTV in 2017 after twenty years! Went with DISH. Not perfect, but no regrets.
2017 Dutch Star 4018 - Sold - Towing Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
deaton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
directv