Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-14-2021, 03:57 AM   #85

We have traveled frequently in the mountains of NC, Rockies, Laurentianís, TN. We pull a 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited at 4900 lbs. our Ventana 4037 has the 400hp Cummins. I match the transmission gear to the grades to maintain 1800-2000rpm. Both up and down. Depending on the grade going down, I will increase the engine brake from medium to high to hold the speed down as we descend. Normal interstate driving I keep the cruise control at 70mph. This keeps my mileage right around the 8mpg range +\- .5mpg. I just had the tires replaced at 52k miles. I could have gotten another 5-10k, but prices are going up and they had them in stock. The new tires definitely are quieter and smoother.
PaulTNaples is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-14-2021, 03:05 PM   #86

Iím curious about your 2022 3543. I have one on order. How do you like it? Any complaints?
Shay Sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 03:16 PM   #87

I didn't see anyone mention Economy/Performance setting. 20DS have a E/P setting from the right steering wheel arm. Not sure what MA has. This would affect how the auto transmission behaves I believe.
Old 12-14-2021, 09:09 PM   #88

I'm flat towing a 2018 Subaru Forester behind my New Aire and haven't had any problems. It may be a bit slower on steep grades but I'm not in a hurry.
Krikati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 06:46 PM   #89

We recently traded up to a 2019 Dutch Star 4328 with the 450 Cummins. Our old rig was a 2002 Kountry Star which I have NOT ONE bad thing to say about that one. It treated us great and I hope the new to us Dutch Star is as good. We got the DS when it had 6000 miles and we tow a 2020 Traverse. It pulled good from the beginning but now it is getting very close to 11,000 miles on it and recently I started noticing that it doesn't lose near as much speed on the steep climbs. I know I have read that there is no de-rating for break-in but the increased power is very noticeable after the 10,000 mile mark. Whatever the reason I'm a happy camper.
DutchStarJez is offline   Reply With Quote