Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2019, 09:32 AM   #1

Dishwasher removal

Have a 2018 Ventana with a Fisher Paykel dishwasher. I want to remove it and replace with drawer space. Looking for details on how to remove it correctly. Newgle and customer service were marginally helpful. Thanks in advance for any information, links, etc.
Golfwannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2019, 09:56 AM   #2

Unless someone has successfully removed their Dishwasher and reads this post you'll only get advice,not facts. Just like I'm about to do.
My previous coach was a 2010 Winnebago Tour. I also decided to remove the dishwasher and install drawers so, I called Winnebago and asked what was available if a customer didn't want the dishwasher and they said 2 drawers I found out from them that the whole front panel (that contained the cut outs for the drawers was necessary) So, I ordered the panel, drawers, sliders etc. It took 2 tries for them to match the color even thought they knew the color needed. Once the components arrived I had to carefully look at the replacement panel and the existing panel I think I had to remove one hundred screws (Ok, not that many but it seemed like it) Once I was able to remove the panel, I installed the new panel then I had to construct supports for the drawers and the gliders. All in all it turned out well. My opinion is you're probably facing the same situation as did I. Good luck with the project. by the way. The added drawer space was farmore paractical than was the dishwasher (we use paper plates and throw away utensils)
LJowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 10:04 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfwannabee View Post
Have a 2018 Ventana with a Fisher Paykel dishwasher. I want to remove it and replace with drawer space. Looking for details on how to remove it correctly. Newgle and customer service were marginally helpful. Thanks in advance for any information, links, etc.

A single drawer I assume?

Unplug it if the plug is under the sink. The plug may be behind it, if so turn off the breaker. Turn off the water valve and disconnect the plastic fill line. Disconnect the drain line from the air gap, or if no air gap from wherever it's connected, then find a way to cap that connection.

Now open the drawer and at the bottom front sides you'll see a square about 3/4" x 3/4". That is what locks the slides to the drawer. Push in on one at a time, and at the same time put your thumb under and slide it back about halfway. Do the other side the same, holding onto to drawer because those are the slides it rests on. Now get ready to remove the drawer by lifting it up a bit, then reach under and push each slide all the way in to the dishwasher cabinet. Now the drawer is loose, so you rotate it and lay it on its side to your left. The connections are just long enough to do this, so it's a bit tricky. Also be careful not to scratch the wood cabinet or floor. You may want to lay a blanket from the counter to the floor for protection

Now to disconnect the dishwasher casing from the cabinet, it may have brackets on the top and/or sides. If so, just remove the screws. An alternate mounting is behind the insulation on the sides (if there is insulation). Two screws on each side (one in front, one in back) go into the cabinet side wood though big tab brackets, and be very careful because those brackets are very sharp (stamp-cut in the side of the sheet metal), and will slice your finger badly (believe me).

BTW it may also just have drywall screws run through the cabinet elsewhere by a hack installer, so if it doesn't move just look around for them. Have also seen lag bolts into the cabinet base through the holes the feet were in.

Now the entire thing can be slid out, and you can replace the drawer. BTW if you're going to just trash it, cut the various lines to the drawer and carry it out in two pieces.

If it is a 2-drawer model, the instructions are the same but the internal side brackets are only inside the bottom drawer.

I install built-in appliances for a living, so have installed many FP dishwashers.
tap4154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 10:44 PM   #4

Had Newmar remove mine and replace with two draws to look just like it was ordered without a dishwasher. In fact dishwasher and plumbing are setting in my garage if anyone needs one. Cost was $1,080 back in Jun of 2018. Best money I have spent so far on a major mod to the DS.

Dave C.
Old 04-13-2019, 05:16 AM   #5

Thumbs up Dishwasher

Thanks for the guidance. Like most of these projects, a little patience and a sailor's vocabulary will get it done.
Golfwannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 05:41 AM   #6

I pulled ours out and it now resides in a closet at home. I just installed a shelf and made a fold up door on a piano hinge on the bottom and a slide lock on the top. The pics were taken before I finished staining the edges, but you get the idea. I didn't want to spend a ton of money on custom drawers or doors. Cost was less than 25 bucks. We keep pots and pans in the lower section and dog food/dishes in the upper. there's A LOT of room in there. (big dog/ lots of food) Easily reversible if I want the dishwasher back.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180927_131725.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	292.5 KB
ID:	241777   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180927_131749.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	276.4 KB
ID:	241778  

lostinfla is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags