Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2021, 05:50 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Do 110 volt outlets provide power when coach is not turned on?

Do the 110 volt outlets on 2021 Ventana 4369's provide power when the coach is on shore power, but not running the motor or generator?
NMcopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2021, 05:52 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Yes is the simple answer. Off shore power and with the inverter on some may not be powered though.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 06:34 PM   #3

What ever works on shore power should work on generator power.

The engine powers nothing 120 volts, but it does charge the batteries.

The inverter powers some stuff but its not powerful enough to power everything.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 09:13 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Thank you both!

I need to have a pet monitor for temperature monitoring plugged in and an FAQ said to make sure.
Old 05-21-2021, 03:18 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I wondered this myself when I 1st got my coach last year (2002 Mountain Aire)... when unplugged I wasn't getting any juice to 110 outlets...one day I was going thru bays and found the inverter...saw a switch on it, turned on and all works now when off of shore power.
chefred112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 03:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
What ever works on shore power should work on generator power.

The engine powers nothing 120 volts, but it does charge the batteries.

The inverter powers some stuff but its not powerful enough to power everything.

Good, concise answer!
Old 05-21-2021, 04:39 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I hate to ask...but what model coach are we talking about?

Our 2016 “all-electric” coach has a MS2812 Inverter. The inverter on this specific model powers all of the outlets with four exceptions. It will not power the following...

1) Induction Cooktop outlet,
2j Washer outlet
3) Dryer outlet
4) Engine Block Heater outlet.

If your coach has a smaller inverter...it may only provide power to the entertainment systems and residential fridge...the larger models power much more, including the microwave.

I would suggest you unplug, and plug into each outlet to see if there is actually inverter power to it.
Old 05-21-2021, 11:59 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
The one I was asking about is a Vantana 4369.
Old 05-22-2021, 06:35 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMcopilot View Post
Thank you both!

I need to have a pet monitor for temperature monitoring plugged in and an FAQ said to make sure.
We have the RV whisper to monitor the temperature for our pets and we started off with it plugged into a 120 outlet but changed to a 12volt USB when the shore power went down resulting in the monitor also losing power. The 12volt system remains active as long as the coach batteries retain a charge.
rffowler55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 07:07 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMcopilot View Post
The one I was asking about is a Vantana 4369.
Yours should be the same as my 4037...except, I don’t have three air conditioners on the roof.

There are only a couple of caveats. It is easy to turn the inverter OFF...so, knowing your ME-RC controls is important. The setup makes a difference too. If someone set a search watts feature too high...the inverter may sleep, unless you are drawing enough current. I leave the search watts feature turned off.

It can be deceiving...if you are plugged into shore power or generator is running...the AC power passes thru the inverter...so the inverter doesn’t really take 12vdc and convert it to ac power in this configuration. If you then press the INV button, you can turn the inverter function OFF, but your outlets will stay in pass thru mode as long as the shore or generator are providing power and not interrupted. So, your outlets will dupe you into thinking the inverter ON. Then when shore or generator is lost...you will have nothing...so it’s important to know wether the inverter is ON or OFF as it can be misleading if you are simply checking that the microwave display is lit, or the fridge is running. It could be that you accidentally turned the inverter OFF, but those things are still running in pass thru mode.

The true test is to trip the shore power pole breaker, and keep the generator OFF. Then you will notice the system display on the ME-RC status line will say INVERTING... You can open the fridge and look for the light, or see if the time is displayed in your convection microwave (if it isn’t the Advantium, which has a power save mode that turns off the display)

Hope that makes sense.
Old 06-14-2021, 11:09 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Thumbs up

For some reason I wasn't getting notified of replies to this post so sorry for the delayed thanks!

After our day long review of every nut, bolt, and cranny of our Ventana 4369, I do sort of understand!

We brought it home Friday evening and encountered our first equipment malfunction on the way home! The clip keeping the diesel access door in the back down broke and fell off, so up went the door. We stopped and purchased some sisal twine and tied it down. We were closer to the dealership than home but they didn't want us to bring it back.

I'm hoping it's something we can install vs spending 2 hours there and two hours back worth of diesel to have them do it when it arrives. Of course it had to be ordered in.
Old 06-14-2021, 11:31 AM   #12

This is how the power in my coach works. It is a 2001, so it is probably a little different than yours. Note that some receptacles are powered from the main AC panel which is before the inverter. Some receptacles are powered from the sub AC panel and this power is passed through the inverter. All of my 12v power comes from the batteries. My inverter/charge makes some DC power to charge the batteries. My inverter charger can use the DC power from the batteries to supply AC power to the sub panel.

andy29847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 09:14 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Great visual!
Chargersrt8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power