Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-07-2020, 07:54 AM   #1

Does Newmar in Nappannee take all Extended warranty contract services?

We’re shopping EWS companies. Our dealer only takes what they sell which is Allegiance. Don’t get me started on that....
We’re a couple hours from the Mothership in Nappannee. Have you had EWS work done in Nappannee? IF so, what was your company? Was everything fixed to your expectations?
TIA
Mle75749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2020, 08:22 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
They do work with ews. No one will work with all, as there are some companies that are in the business to steal your money and be very difficult to work with.

All ews are difficult to work with, but most have clear rules and if followed , they pay the provider without problem. Newmar has a lot of experience with this.

It is not unlike the medical insurance business
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 08:57 AM   #3

Call Newmar and ask them which companies they will take. As far as your dealer, you will likely be on the road many miles away when something needs repair anyway and go to another dealer, independent shop or call a mobil tech.
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 05:52 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
They "used" to.

I have "had" EWS work done at Newmar in Nappanee, they submitted the claim to my EWS company..

I was at the Mother Ship last year and I was told they no longer take my EWS, which is US Plus Warranty's.

US Plus pays their bills using the VISA CC system - not sure how that works but Newmar didn't like it.

Newmar did call and get the work "authorized" and US Warranty's did send me a check after I put in the claim.

As an example, just recently, my Winegard Traveler dish went out, it's not even 4 years old. Winegard wanted me to send them the turret for repair. I would have had to pay postage along with the repair cost. After some research, it was almost more cost effective just to get another satellite dish.

I called US Plus Warranty's and explained my situation. I told them I would buy the dish and have an RV mobile tech remove the old and install the new.

I was told to just send them the invoices. I did and was paid in less than a week. I did not had to have anyone call, such as an RV tech, and explain what was wrong or get an authorization. I was very surprised.

So - - - check with Newmar. I have been told they no longer take "any" EWS. But that does not mean you can't use the EWS you have, you'll just have to pay for it and submit a claim. Perhaps under Winnebago - things have changed?

And I can't say enough good about US Warranty's. I have had a few claims and there was never a question about the repair or reimbursement.

Good luck.

g

Tags
extended warranty, newmar, service, warranty