RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-28-2019, 12:46 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
SMertens's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 122
Dometic 8700 Masterflush won't flush

Our main toilet stopped flushing. Water fills the bowl, you hear the pump/macerator run and then nothing - no flush to evacuate water from the bowl apart from a minor gurgle sound. Water fills bowl.

-The wall switch has a steady green light.
- We have disconnected communication and re-connected on wall switch.
- Our black tank is in good shape.
-Nothing has been dropped into or put down the toilet.
- We've snaked 12' and it's all clear.
-The toilet has been removed and thoroughly checked.
- We put a snake through pipes that directly connect with pump/macerator- all clear.
- We changed out the pump/macerator assembly with no new result.
-The control box is not visible behind toilet and we've not been able to locate in our 4018.
Newmar transfers us to Dometic for assistance. Dometic were unable to suggest anything further than what we've done.

What am I missing here? Why won't this thing flush.?
__________________

__________________
2016 DSDP 4018
2018 Dodge RAM 2500 Long Bed
2018 Polaris 900 Trail - In the RAM Bed
SMertens is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-28-2019, 02:21 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
LJowdy's Avatar


 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Ontario, California
Posts: 2,256
I had a similar problem and here is what I did. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/dome...ed-468954.html

Additionally, Ardemco in Costa Mesa, Calif. did an excellent job of diagnosing my problem and if you can't solve the issue, give them a call at 800) 253-0115
__________________

__________________
2016 Newmar Dutch Star 4369
Newmar Owners Club
USAF 1966-1969,- Law Enforcement 1969 - 2003, Unemployed (retired) since March 2003
LJowdy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 12:48 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
PaulTNaples's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Naples, FL
Posts: 243
We had a similar issue. I turned the water off outside. Made sure the water pump switch was off. Then pushed the switch. Macerate operated and cleared the clog. Turned water back on and flushed twice to make sure it was fully cleared.
__________________
Paul & LeAnn Toth
The Doodles Kiki and Baxter
2018 Ventana 4037
PaulTNaples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 03:55 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
NWIP's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: No Where in Particular
Posts: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMertens View Post
Our main toilet stopped flushing. Water fills the bowl, you hear the pump/macerator run and then nothing - no flush to evacuate water from the bowl apart from a minor gurgle sound. Water fills bowl.

-The wall switch has a steady green light.
- We have disconnected communication and re-connected on wall switch.
- Our black tank is in good shape.
-Nothing has been dropped into or put down the toilet.
- We've snaked 12' and it's all clear.
-The toilet has been removed and thoroughly checked.
- We put a snake through pipes that directly connect with pump/macerator- all clear.
- We changed out the pump/macerator assembly with no new result.
-The control box is not visible behind toilet and we've not been able to locate in our 4018.
Newmar transfers us to Dometic for assistance. Dometic were unable to suggest anything further than what we've done.

What am I missing here? Why won't this thing flush.?
Which toilet is it? Control box for 1/2 bath is located behind the pegboard panel. Not exactly sure where the one for aft toilet is.
__________________
Bill & Lisa
2020 DS 4369
2016 Colorado Z71
NWIP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 09:00 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
SMertens's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 122
Thanks, it’s the one for the aft toilet.
__________________
2016 DSDP 4018
2018 Dodge RAM 2500 Long Bed
2018 Polaris 900 Trail - In the RAM Bed
SMertens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 09:02 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
SMertens's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 122
Thanks I have the check valve part ordered and will update post after installation.
__________________
2016 DSDP 4018
2018 Dodge RAM 2500 Long Bed
2018 Polaris 900 Trail - In the RAM Bed
SMertens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 09:08 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
SMertens's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 122
Thanks, tried this several times but still won’t flush
__________________
2016 DSDP 4018
2018 Dodge RAM 2500 Long Bed
2018 Polaris 900 Trail - In the RAM Bed
SMertens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 12:26 PM   #8
"Formerly Diplomat Don"
 
Dutch Star Don's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Moorpark, Ca.
Posts: 14,665
Dometic Control Panel - There are two wooden louvered vent panels at the base of the washer/dryer closet for the furnace. On my 2014 DS, the control box for the master bath toilet was behind the upper of the two. My 2019 has it attached to the back of the toilet. Those louvers are typically held in place with silicone and one or two brad nails.
__________________
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018
2016 GMC Canyon 4WD Crew Cab
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 08:06 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
SMertens's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 122
Thanks Don
__________________
2016 DSDP 4018
2018 Dodge RAM 2500 Long Bed
2018 Polaris 900 Trail - In the RAM Bed
SMertens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 08:17 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
SMertens's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 122
Thanks for the responses - here's an update on my Dometic 8700 Masterflush issue.

The belching has been solved with replacement of the Duckbill valve - thanks JLowdy! - but it still will not draw water out of the bowl at the end of the flush cycle. We have eliminated the toilet as being the problem by removing it from the floor and powering it up outside. It works just fine. Placed it back on the floor and still won't pull water out of the bowl. You hear the pump/macerator run but cycle does not complete.

I've made two different attempts now to snake and can get down about 12-15' before it stops. Think I'm getting caught up in the elbow turns of the pipe. Other than checking for obstructions in roof sewer vent don't know what else to try. I would think that if the roof vent was obstructed there would be sewer smells and there isn't.
__________________
2016 DSDP 4018
2018 Dodge RAM 2500 Long Bed
2018 Polaris 900 Trail - In the RAM Bed
SMertens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 09:22 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Vickie 4369's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: WATERBURY, CT.
Posts: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMertens View Post
Thanks for the responses - here's an update on my Dometic 8700 Masterflush issue.

The belching has been solved with replacement of the Duckbill valve - thanks JLowdy! - but it still will not draw water out of the bowl at the end of the flush cycle. We have eliminated the toilet as being the problem by removing it from the floor and powering it up outside. It works just fine. Placed it back on the floor and still won't pull water out of the bowl. You hear the pump/macerator run but cycle does not complete.

I've made two different attempts now to snake and can get down about 12-15' before it stops. Think I'm getting caught up in the elbow turns of the pipe. Other than checking for obstructions in roof sewer vent don't know what else to try. I would think that if the roof vent was obstructed there would be sewer smells and there isn't.
Have you checked or replace the air admittance valve?

How about compressed air to blow the pipe out in to the black tank with the cap off.
__________________
2019 NEWMAR Ventana 4369 Cummins L9 451 Horsepower.
Vickie 4369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 03:08 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
SMertens's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 122
We had Tank Techs snake and do a few puffs at 1000psi with no change. Not familiar with air admittance valve. Where can I find that and what should I be looking for in the way of a problem with it? Thanks
__________________
2016 DSDP 4018
2018 Dodge RAM 2500 Long Bed
2018 Polaris 900 Trail - In the RAM Bed
SMertens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 03:06 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Vickie 4369's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: WATERBURY, CT.
Posts: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMertens View Post
We had Tank Techs snake and do a few puffs at 1000psi with no change. Not familiar with air admittance valve. Where can I find that and what should I be looking for in the way of a problem with it? Thanks
Sorry you will have to check with Newmar on location or if it uses one on the black water plumbing.

They are definitely on the Gray water plumbing under the sinks.

If it doesn't let air into the pipe it won't drain properly in to the tank from what I understand.

Ted.
__________________

__________________
2019 NEWMAR Ventana 4369 Cummins L9 451 Horsepower.
Vickie 4369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dometic



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Masterflush 8700 Macerator toilet samsonsdriver RV Systems & Appliances 5 10-25-2019 04:55 AM
Quick Help! Dometic 8700 Toilet Won't Flush - Red Light On & Tank Empty hugh37 Newmar Owner's Forum 71 09-17-2019 06:12 PM
Dometic MasterFlush 8700 red light Airtight Tiffin Owner's Forum 6 07-01-2018 09:03 PM
No Water Fill - Dometic MasterFlush 8700 Series hugh37 Newmar Owner's Forum 13 11-02-2016 03:40 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×