Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2023, 01:33 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Dometic macerator toilets

Has anyone had problems with these type of toilets not flushing properly?
My wife says that ours keeps flashing red indicating a full black tank but when we go to our control panel the black tank level reads 0. The vale to the black tank is open I’ve checked. 2022 superstar 4059 super C.
srsdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2023, 01:43 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
First off, Welcome to iRV2!

It's a common issue with the macerator toilets. Ours does it occasionally and a good black tank flush usually clears it up. The toilet has separate sensors from the level sensors. You can also fill the tank about half way, add a cup of Dawn detergent and a cup of water softener then go for a drive. That usually cleans the gunk coating off the inside of the tank.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 06:03 PM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Things have changed in some of the newer model years, but there has been a separate sensor on the top of the tank that tells the toilet valves the tank is full. On my 2014 DS, that sensor got stuck. I started to remove it and soon as I turned it, it released.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 06:48 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Macerator toilet

Both of ours started acting up. I disconnected the yellow wire behind, u Dre the toilets. This wire is for the full black tank. The 75% sensor remains allowing a warning and allowing a toilet flush. This years project is to put the yellow wires on a switch so they are active but can easily be over ridden. The wire for the rear toilet is easily accessed through the emergency exit and midships is the plastic faring along the top of the pegboard. There are some great posts on this forum that led me to this solution. I have a 2019 London Aire
fishnfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 10:53 AM   #5
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnfred View Post
Both of ours started acting up. I disconnected the yellow wire behind, u Dre the toilets. This wire is for the full black tank. The 75% sensor remains allowing a warning and allowing a toilet flush. This years project is to put the yellow wires on a switch so they are active but can easily be over ridden. The wire for the rear toilet is easily accessed through the emergency exit and midships is the plastic faring along the top of the pegboard. There are some great posts on this forum that led me to this solution. I have a 2019 London Aire
If you buy a small toggle switch, it can be installed directly in the cover of the black box. That's how I did mine on my 2014 DS.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, toilet