Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2022, 12:32 AM   #1

Dometic thermostat

Baystar 2018. I tried to turn on heat pump and myThermostat had an e1 code showing. Tried a reset and showed 2 and 4 for zones and only a/c and off worked on screen but couldn't change temps or make it work. I followed an internet suggestion of shutting down power 15 minutes. Then then I had a completely dark blank screen. Checked breaker and fuse in bath and they they were good.
Rob Robison is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2022, 02:25 PM   #2

We just experienced the same thing for the 2nd time in the past couple of years. Each time, replacing the thermostat with a new one fixed the problem. Resetting, etc. did nothing. The first replacement lasted about 2 years before the problem recurring.

When it happened again about a week ago, the wall it was attached to was very hot from the sun and we found condensation on the back of the thermostat. The hole behind the thermostat is fairly large and there is a metal bar in the wall that was extremely hot. We decided to close that hole up as much as possible and mount the thermostat where it isn't exposed directly to the insulation through the hole in the wall to hopefully protect it from extreme temperatures.

We intend to carry a spare with us from now on as we might not be near a place with parts the next time it happens.
Old 01-23-2022, 06:39 AM   #3

I always turn that thermostat off when changing incoming power sources. They don't seem to like changing A/C sources while operating.
Old 01-23-2022, 10:21 PM   #4

Fixed by replacement

After talming to Newmar and one answer on the forum. I purchased a new thermostat ,replaced old one, and it works perfectly.
Rob Robison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 11:23 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
If it happens again, try a Micro-Air EasyTouch RV™ Thermostat unit specific for your coach.

https://www.microair.net/products/ea...-rv-thermostat

I have one a does a nice job for Heat Pump, Oasis Heat, AC units, etc.
Dutchstar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 05:11 PM   #6

Question Question on Mode Features for Dometic

VLE 2019/3709
https://newgle.newmarcorp.com/s/arti...l-CCC-II-CCC-2

My question is when in the AUTO mode will the thermostat start the gas furnace? I am guessing it does not so I have been using the HEAT mode.

When I put the MODE in Heat the furnace runs but we also get cold air from the HVAC ceiling fixtures. How do I stop cold air coming into unit when in furnace mode.

What says the wisdom of the group?
tedgmc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, thermostat