Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-03-2021, 04:31 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Door Awning

On my 2017 4369 DS the door awning comes out at an angle, one side quicker than the other, has anyone had this problem ? solution?.
Thanks
Ron
Arty1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2021, 05:32 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
There are adjustments on the scissor arms at the frame. I've tried 3 times to make mine come out straight. If it goes out straight it won't go retract all the way in, making wind noise. Good luck.
If I put mine out (rarely) I extend it a few inches, reach up pull out both sides so then it will go out correctly. And then have to check it retracted correctly. PITA.
Old 02-03-2021, 12:25 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta48 View Post
Good luck.
If I put mine out (rarely) I extend it a few inches, reach up pull out both sides so then it will go out correctly. And then have to check it retracted correctly. PITA.
I share your frustration with your door awning Fiesta48. We have had issues with ours from the beginning. It's no longer on warranty. The cost to replace just didn't seem worth it. We just no longer use ours and don't miss it.
Bushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 12:52 PM   #4

Glad we are not alone. Ours has been wanky from the beginning and has been tweaked two different times in Nappanee while under warranty. After I deploy the switch to extend I have to help it with my hand to start it out & then it goes ok. Retracts ok also. We use it vary sparingly as I'm sure one day it will lay down altogether.
twojayhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 07:17 PM   #5

Mine was not extending correctly, I lubed the arms and now it works great
Old 02-04-2021, 12:38 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Had that same problem with the 4327. While under warranty they would fuss with it and tell me they lubed it and it was fine. Since we didn't use it a lot, we took their word for it. After the warranty expired, they told me it needed to be replaced... Quirky little bugger. Never did get it fixed...

Bill Bélanger
BBelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 01:59 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Mine was doing the same thing. I have an extended warranty and they replaced both arms. Two weeks later it started to do the same thing. Having to push out a bit, then help it get unstuck on the tail end of it. I did adjust it myself and noticed that it was coming in too much and the ends were getting stuck, actually the back end cap. I adjusted it to not come in so hard and and too deep so as to have a soft landing when closing and no more problems.
Dutchstar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 02:06 PM   #8

This and other issues was addressed at Girard factory, they repaired and adjusted all my awnings, the tech told the import thing it’s keep everything lubed with a non grease lubricant like silicone or similar, so now it’s part of my maintenance program

Zzotte

Tags
awning, door