Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-09-2015, 12:52 PM   #1

Driver power window not working

Fuse is good, checked the switch and reconnected the wires for a better contact, and still not working. When I engage the switch, there is a load because the monitor dims for a second and the overhead fan slows down.

Is it the motor? Any suggestions or opinions?

Thanks,
~George
Road_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-09-2015, 09:45 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
It could be the mechanism is 'frozen' and the motor can't move it. Often a power window motor has a built in circuit to reverse or stop when resistance is detected by the amp load of the motor going up. If the mechanism or window won't move, the same thing happens.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 09:57 PM   #3

...forgot to add that I checked the window and it's not stuck or sticking anywhere. Might be the mechanism.

Thanks.
Old 11-10-2015, 08:27 AM   #4

Check the wire connections to see if loss or poor connection on both motor and switch.
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 01:22 PM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
Driver's Power Window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_King View Post
Fuse is good, checked the switch and reconnected the wires for a better contact, and still not working. When I engage the switch, there is a load because the monitor dims for a second and the overhead fan slows down.

Is it the motor? Any suggestions or opinions?

Thanks,
~George
The only time my 04 Mtn Aire 4016 power window won't work is when one wire came off.. I carefully pulled the switch up and reconnected the wire. No problem since.
BUT, if you hear it trying to operate, that means the switch is powered and it points to the mechanism is jammed or needs a little grease.. Try putting your palm on the window while pushing the switch at the same time.. Maybe it's just stuck in the up position.
Whenever you figure it out, let us all know your final solution so we can all learn
byoslandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 03:44 PM   #6

I pulled the switch out and reconnected all the wires for a better contact. No change. I also tried pushing the window down with my palm but it wouldn't budge even with the switch on. I additionally checked to ensure that the window wasn't stuck by checking the inside and outside (window channel) of where it seats.

Me thinks it could be the mechanism. Grrr. I really don't want to pull the whole driver side panel out. Going to play with it a little bit more before I get shell out $$ for the repair. If it's major, no problem. Hate to pay for simple fix. Yes, I understand I'm paying for the mechanic's experience and knowledge.

Tags
driver, power, window