Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2007, 10:23 AM   #1

We're considering the purchase of an '07 DS model 4307. That is the 1-1/2 bath floorplan with rear bath and a king bed. Anyone have any specific issues with this floor plan other than the obvious (reduced kitchen storage, for example)?

I noticed that the toilet in the rear bath is mounted on a raised platform. Looks like it might be problematic for someone with short legs - my wife, for example.

Any comments appreciated. We owned an '04 Kountry Star gas with a similar floor plan and really like it.

Thanks for any replies.
BCook57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2007, 10:23 AM   #2

We're considering the purchase of an '07 DS model 4307. That is the 1-1/2 bath floorplan with rear bath and a king bed. Anyone have any specific issues with this floor plan other than the obvious (reduced kitchen storage, for example)?

I noticed that the toilet in the rear bath is mounted on a raised platform. Looks like it might be problematic for someone with short legs - my wife, for example.

Any comments appreciated. We owned an '04 Kountry Star gas with a similar floor plan and really like it.

Thanks for any replies.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:51 AM   #3

Actually I think the rear bath results in more cloths closet loss than kitchen space. The '07 DSDP tag is a great looking coach. You will absolutely love the Comfort Drive, it will just take some time and miles to get the full appreciation of it. Best of luck.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:59 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
The toilet raised platform can be a problem for wifes with short legs. We had one in MA we had, the reason being the toilet is off set from black tank not like our toilets that are straight shorts into tank. The pipe may have 45* bends also.
You could have a Teak platform made to use in shower but also use in front of toilet. I would put rubber feet on it so it will not slip on tile floor if you get it.
The kitchen storage we have no pantry because of large refer so we store all those items in the cabinets over couch and table and chairs plenty of room for us and nothing ever fell out, I do not like bars.
And I added this set up around table for extra cabinet space.

RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 11:10 AM   #5

Lug_Nut - I thought the Comfort Drive was only on the '08 chassis? Thanks for the reply.
Bob
Old 09-04-2007, 11:19 AM   #6
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Comfort Drive is not on the '07 DSDP.

Only on the '08.

In '07 Comfort Drive was only on Mountain Aire and above.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 11:30 AM   #7

I stand corrected, you are quite right. The Comfort Drive is only available in the Dutch Star series from '08 on. Sorry for the confussion.

Peter
Old 09-04-2007, 02:10 PM   #8

I love my 4307-- I bought it about 4 months ago--The only problem has been the Windshield Wipers--They hang up while going over 50 mph
Andrew J. Opaleski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 03:18 PM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We're considering the purchase of an '07 DS model 4307 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi! Great floor plan! Just as a heads up, Newmar changed the rear bath for 08 to model number 4317. I think they did that because of some changes to the floor plan. The biggest being, if I remember correct, there was no closet space in the rear bath of the 07, just in bedroom. In 08 they reconfigured the rear bath to be able to have closet space in the rear bath. There were a few other subtle changes also to the inside. I may be wrong but I don't believe the rear toilet on the platform is any higher then normal ones?? Good luck on what ever you choose. Great Coach! Paul
Old 09-04-2007, 03:32 PM   #10

Thanks for all the replies.
Paul, the '07 we're looking at does have the closets in the bath area, and the '07 literature also shows the wardrobes. Maybe a late-year change, but they are there.
We've actually finalized our decision just this evening, and I'll contact the dealer tomorrow to negotiate a couple of items. Major one is that we want to replace the jack-knife sofa with an air mattress hide-a-bed. I'll let you all know how it goes. Thanks again,
Bob