Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2017, 10:01 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
DSDP 4369 - Kitchen organization helpful hints?

Good Day,

This is one for the DWs. We are newbies (first MH for me), and I'm looking for tips for kitchen organization in a DS 4369 layout. We have a dishwasher and one larger sink, as opposed to the two part sink.

As example, I've found the spices fit perfectly in the cabinet over the microwave, but I have yet to find the perfect use for the above sink shelves. I had a mat in the sink, but it seemed to just acquire stains.

Any suggestions for things that work and don't work would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Ally
TandAlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2017, 03:45 PM   #2

en lieu of my wife answering (she's not able to do anything do to health issues) I have a 2016 4369. I purchased a mat from Bed, Bath and Beyond, it has an "X" pattern and allows water to drain and doesn't seem to stain (It's clear) The cabinet above the sink holds all our dishes (plastic) and paper plates as well as cereal bowls, cutting boards and a few other odd's and ends. The small cabinet to the right of the larger above sink cabinet holds coffee mugs and those blue plastic throw away glasses.
Under the sink, I removed the slider shelves and I keep all the household cleaning products such as cleansers, glass cleaner, lemon oil for the cabinets, dusting spray etc etc as well as a waste basket.
I rearranged the spacing in the pantry and use the bottom shelf to hold my electric coffee pot, toaster and a 5lb can of coffee and filters. The other shelves hold various forms of canned goods, cereal etc. I had a dishwasher in my 2010 Winnebago Tour and removed it because as far as I'm concerned, it was useless. I had Winnebago send me the correct wood and took apart the cabinet and rebuilt it so I had 2 extra drawers. Far more practical than a dishwasher. I've found that most people use the dishwasher a few times and eventually turn it into storage.
Hope this helps.

Larry
LJowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:08 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
If you go into QT's # 3 and the HOOT's threads you will find many MOD's, I believe I also put a direct link to Mod's.
Enjoy your Newmar and safe travels.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 12:40 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
We bought a basket with metal liner sized to handle large kitchen trash bags and use it. That frees up the space under the sink for pots and pans. We got it from Basketlady.com https://www.basketlady.com/
We put our plates and bowls in the pullout in the cabinet above the sink, toaster and a couple of other things on the fixed shelf above that, coffee mugs in the small cabinet to the right and tumblers and stemless wine glasses in the cabinet to the left of the microwave. We keep our microwave cooking dishes in the microwave. All flatware, knives and utensils in the drawer under the cooktop. Napkins, dishwasher detergent pods, ziplock bags, plastic wrap and foil in the drawers to the left.
Highly recommend you get the cooktop cover from Newmar. The make it out of a piece of solid surface material that matches your countertop. That gives you a lot more working room when you're not using the cooktop.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kitchen trash.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	386.6 KB
ID:	178674   Click image for larger version

Name:	kitchen trash 2.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	417.4 KB
ID:	178675  

lucyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 01:33 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TandAlly View Post
Good Day,

This is one for the DWs. We are newbies (first MH for me), and I'm looking for tips for kitchen organization in a DS 4369 layout. We have a dishwasher and one larger sink, as opposed to the two part sink.

As example, I've found the spices fit perfectly in the cabinet over the microwave, but I have yet to find the perfect use for the above sink shelves. I had a mat in the sink, but it seemed to just acquire stains.

Any suggestions for things that work and don't work would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Ally
We purchased a stainless steel sink grid online that fits our sink nicely. There are rubber feet on it so sink will not be scratched. It looks great, protects sink, and provides a raised surface for sponges, etc. to dry. Judy D
jerry davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 03:32 PM   #6
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
We've done several things. On the 4018 there is a sliding inside the cabinet above the sink. We found the sink covers fit under the sliding drawer. We also have one of those plastic cutting mats. It also fits under the drawer. Along both sides of the drawer is dead space. We store small items there, making them easier to find.

Under our sink we have the large cabinet with another sliding drawer. Again, we've found flat items, like serving trays or those collapsible strainers fit under it. On both sides of the drawer, we stand things on their side, like platters or a frying pan.

The cupboard above the microwave is great for wine glasses.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 01:49 PM   #7

Kitchen organization

We have a Ventana 4369 with a Dishwasher but I believe the kitchen arrangement is the same as a Dutch Star. We keep our pots and pans in the cabinet above the sink. The slide out drawer is handy when dealing with the heavy pans we have for the induction cook top. Our plates and glasses fit in the cabinet to the left of the microwave. Spices are above the microwave. We also ordered another drawer for the pantry (we now have 7) since we mostly have short stuff on those shelves. We use the top shelf for tall stuff (bags of chips, etc.).
woodosgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 05:13 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thanks all! - great ideas!
Old 10-13-2017, 05:53 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Hi,
My stainless steel sink grid came in today from Amazon, I love it! Thanks for the suggestion!
Ally
Old 10-13-2017, 07:18 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry davis View Post
We purchased a stainless steel sink grid online that fits our sink nicely. There are rubber feet on it so sink will not be scratched. It looks great, protects sink, and provides a raised surface for sponges, etc. to dry. Judy D
Can you please share what brand your sink grid is? The drain hold fits perfectly in the space? Thanks!
Old 10-14-2017, 02:30 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Good Morning,

I purchased, Wells Sinkware GWW2014 Kitchen Sink Grid, Stainless Steel

from Amazon. The grid is 18.1 x 13.1 x1; the cost about $35. We have the single sink and this fits perfectly.

Ally
Old 10-14-2017, 06:24 AM   #12

We actually use a plastic dish pan in our sink. We constantly are over using gray water, so the soapy used dish water ends up in the half bath stool and in the black tank. Makes a difference of maybe 5 gallons capacity shifted from gray to black over a weekend.
Old 10-14-2017, 07:12 AM   #13

Check out Rev-A-Shelf online.
They carry a very complete line of kitchen cabinet accys.
We added a pullout wire tray under the galley sink...increases storage and access both. They come in different widths and depths...usually the std kit cab one is too deep... just look for the smaller size
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 07:45 AM   #14

This is what we did with our sink covers. A few rubber pieces on the bottom and works perfectly for additional counter top. Click image for larger version

Name:	20171014_094153.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	179809
dlennick is offline   Reply With Quote