Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-30-2021, 08:26 AM   #1

Dumpbuddy

Howdy, Wondering if any of you have ever tried this product. It is a quick clamp device designed to hold the dumping elbow in place. It looks pretty cleaver but does not look like it would work with my 2020 Dutch Star emasculator system. https://dumpbuddy.com/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
lrwinddancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-30-2021, 10:03 AM   #2

I found this and decided to try it, will let you know how well it works.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dumpbuddy.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	354.8 KB
ID:	347629  
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 10-30-2021, 10:13 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I thought rocks were made for this billions of years ago... Cost $0.
Old 10-30-2021, 11:44 AM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Lynn.....first off an emasculator is a tool used to deprive a male of his manhood.

Now if you're talking about your macerator, it would probably work. I never liked the end piece (head) that comes with the SaniCon. The reason, the head doesn't spin without twisting the hose. So I made my own.

It fits 3" and 4" threaded drains and I have an adapter, just a threaded unit with 3", 4" and 5" threads if it's a 5" drain. The two black threaded pieces are from Home Depot and drilled in the center and pvc pipe pushed though for a loose fit. You can thread them into the drain without having to spin the head.

Name:	20181130_143810.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	282.8 KB
ID:	347632
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 02:29 PM   #5

Thanks for the correction Don.
I like your design, seems simple and easy to to build. I also like as some of the dump ports are flushed or even recessed and the Dumpbuddy would have nothing to mount to.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 10-30-2021, 04:00 PM   #6

Dumpbuddy

Interesting design and application. I suppose you could call this installation “[Mod Edit] hitting the fan

Name:	IMG_1207.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	478.3 KB
ID:	347648
Old 10-30-2021, 06:03 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winepress View Post
Interesting design and application. I suppose you could call this installation “[Mod Edit] hitting the fan
Attachment 347648
I know, I was not sure what the base was, but realized the device was being used in my applacation.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 10-31-2021, 03:41 PM   #8
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Just a tip.....the SaniCon Turbo is very powerful and will kick out of the sewer drain hole if not well secured. However, if both of your toilets are macerators and you have the SaniCon hooked up and don't feel comfortable about the connection, just open the black tank valve without turning on the SaniCon. It will gravity drain very quickly via the bypass.

When I dump mine from inside the coach, via an electric drain valve, I just let gravity do it since I'm inside and can't see the connection. It works great.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 01:52 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Lynn.....first off an emasculator is a tool used to deprive a male of his manhood.

Now if you're talking about your macerator, it would probably work. I never liked the end piece (head) that comes with the SaniCon. The reason, the head doesn't spin without twisting the hose. So I made my own.

It fits 3" and 4" threaded drains and I have an adapter, just a threaded unit with 3", 4" and 5" threads if it's a 5" drain. The two black threaded pieces are from Home Depot and drilled in the center and pvc pipe pushed though for a loose fit. You can thread them into the drain without having to spin the head.

Attachment 347632
Don, I am gathering parts to build one of your drain head designs. In the process I realized that the 1 1/2 PVC pipe looked bigger than yours. The only real problem this creates is the 3" and maybe 4" thread bulkhead caps. The square molded nut is pretty much eliminated. Looking at your picture it looks like you may have used 1" PVC? I notice on the hose end there is a coupler, is this to allow the 1 1/2 flex hose to be mounted tight to it?
Thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-20-2021, 02:06 PM   #10

All of these gadgets seem to be a lot of engineering just to dump some what gravity and folks will do for nothing. I’m with Fiesta48
Warhorse6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 08:53 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedo View Post
All of these gadgets seem to be a lot of engineering just to dump some what gravity and folks will do for nothing. I’m with Fiesta48
I can appreciate your thoughts on making things to complicated! Have you ever used the system in discussion? Unfortunately the engineers at SaniCon did not do a top quality design when they came up with the interface between the hose and the dump connection. Something has to be done to insure the connection stays in place when the pump is activated. As pointed out screwing in the connection the manufacture supplies does not work. Finding rocks seems like a good idea, however not very practical as finding one is not always an option. I have tried using a 5 pound dumbbell, which works but can be touchy to get in the right place, I have also tried setting my outdoor chair on it, logs, coolers, even having my wife rest her foot on it. All of them will work, but I want a simple easy fast set up that is install and forget. The way it should be done in the first place.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-22-2021, 09:15 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Search "RV sewer hose weights" and you'll find multiple solutions including DIY options. I liked this one https://thesewersaddlebag.com/ so I made my own out of 2 heavy duty gallon zip lock bags clamped together at the top and partially filled with pea gravel.
permitwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 09:58 AM   #13

I envision a latch that applies a conical wedge to increase the diameter of a silicone wedge shaped gasket...the Wedge to fit different sized dump openings and the latch to apply more friction to keep the elbow locked.

Just push onto the opening, and push the latch down. Snug.

Is this just in my mind or have I seen this somewhere? I seem to remember a premium priced hose setup that maybe that has this design?

Edit:
https://www.amazon.com/Lippert-35972.../dp/B010X65OHE

2 EDIT: nope, no cam lock...so maybe this is a new idea.
Old 11-25-2021, 12:23 PM   #14

Dump Nozzel. Thanks Don

My version of Dutch Star Don's Dump Nozzel. Thanks Don
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Dump Nozzel.png
Views:	35
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	349821  
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]