RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-16-2012, 02:16 PM   #1

duo therm 5 button comfort control

Has any one had a problem with the temp sensor in there comfort control. I have 2 zones, 1 with a sensor in the bed room and the other sensor is the control. Zone 1 which is the control wont shut the furnace off unless you shut the zone off or turn the control off. This is the 3rd control I have had to change

newmar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2012, 12:17 PM   #2

Does Duo Therm have a help line ?? Might be worth a try to find out.

Old 06-18-2012, 11:38 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
It could be thermostat or the control board in first AC unit. If there has been any work done on system there a small switch's that have to be set on board for thermostat to operate correctly.
5 BUTTON SYSTEM
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:42 PM   #4

007 is on to something with the control board. When you use the unit for cooling does the zone that has issues shut off when the desired temp is satisfied? We need to establish whether this is a thermostat issue or a control interface issue. If the unit works fine in cooling and is able to request heat from the furnace but never turns the furnace off once temp is satisfied then I would lean towards the control board in the affected zone.

Like 007 said as well, the dip switches must be configured correctly for your situation. Being that it can start the furnace but not stop it, I am thinking the dip switches are in the correct position. There is a relearn/reset command that is done any time a change is made to any of the control boards, may be a good idea to try that?
King Aire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:24 AM   #5

The units are origonal except for 3 thermistats over a 2 year period. Evertime it happens i get a new thermostsat and the problem goes away for 6 to 8 months i would say. What is the reset relearn comand. I have always had to do the teach comand when it is new so it will discover the kind of systems on board
Old 06-19-2012, 05:21 PM   #6
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
In the 5 button system link there are are four resets that I see three for heat pumps and one system reset for system on page 8.
The dip switch's have to be set for furnace display on your control display also, so it is controlled in zone #1.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:27 AM   #7

The relearn process and the reset that 007 refered to are the same thing I was talking about. One thing I forgot to ask is what kind of furnace/heat system we're dealing with. The fact that after a thermostat replacement, the problem goes away for some time... that makes it fun.
King Aire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:20 AM   #8

its a hydronic heating system. I am sarting to wonder if it could be electriclal interference from posibbally a small appliance charger
Old 06-20-2012, 06:54 PM   #9
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Funny things can happen with defective florescent ballasts transformers interfering with operations.