Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2021, 04:47 PM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
Ms. Vicki --

Your new Dutchstar 4369 is gorgeous! Congrats! Enjoy many year of safe travels in your DS!
fagnaml is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2021, 06:17 PM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampers View Post
We are about to pick ours up in a week, I noticed that with the slides in there is barely enough room to squeeze between the dinette table and counter, it is the table with chairs not the booth, the owner said that is the way it is, he said he was going to modify it if he kept it, I did not have time to check but was wondering if there may be a leaf that could be removed to allow more space to pass by, any info appreciated. Also the coach has two recliners in place of a sofa, is this something that could be swapped out at the factory ? If so has anyone done it, just curious as the what the cost would be, thanks.
We have a 2014 DS 4364, with chairs and a table, we just push the table in all the way. Its not a problem with us. If we have a sandwich made, we make it through the space, open the fridge and have lunch. Not a big deal. Its worth it to have a tights space while going 70 mph to have room when you are watching TV at the resort.
Schask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 06:22 PM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Our Ventana 4369 looks about the same as far as distance in the aisle when slides are in. We have the booth dinette and it looks to have the same clearance as yours. Initially I was concerned but I too, found there is enough clearance while traveling to use the half bath as well as open refrigerator (one side at a time), retrieve items from the pantry and use the microwave. We have even stayed in the coach with all slides in for 3 days during ice and snow. Besides doing an “army roll” across the back bed to get to the rear bathroom /closets, we actually enjoyed the cozy quarters!
txaggies1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 06:25 PM   #32

When traveling it helps to turn the recliners back to back for a little extra space. I also push them back toward the windows to pick up a few extra inches. On the table, we just push it in. There is plenty of room to move around.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2578-1.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	331.8 KB
ID:	315357   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2696-1.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	320.4 KB
ID:	315358  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2697-1.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	341.9 KB
ID:	315359  
Johng38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 06:57 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johng38 View Post
When traveling it helps to turn the recliners back to back for a little extra space. I also push them back toward the windows to pick up a few extra inches. On the table, we just push it in. There is plenty of room to move around.
Our table will not go any further in than the middle picture, I am going to call the factory or maybe i will just try and take it apart, looks like there are some screws on the underside of the table, may take them out and see what i can find, good tip on turning the recliners back to back.
Kampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 09:15 PM   #34

Before taking anything apart, try lifting the table at the end closest to the window while pushing in. Maybe something needs to be adjusted at the extended end just to get it started. There should be a little resistance for the initial movement and then it's smooth the rest of the way in. It may be hanging up on that initial movement. When it does move there will be a positive stop when it has reached the end of travel as shown in the bottom photo. I've never looked at it closely but it should be an easy adjustment to get it working properly.
Old 01-22-2021, 07:29 AM   #35

Quote:
Before taking anything apart, try lifting the table at the end closest to the window while pushing in. Maybe something needs to be adjusted at the extended end just to get it started. There should be a little resistance for the initial movement and then it's smooth the rest of the way in. It may be hanging up on that initial movement. When it does move there will be a positive stop when it has reached the end of travel as shown in the bottom photo. I've never looked at it closely but it should be an easy adjustment to get it working properly.
I have tried about all i know to do, will give that a try, thank you.
Old 01-22-2021, 08:28 AM   #36

Quote:
We are about to pick ours up in a week, I noticed that with the slides in there is barely enough room to squeeze between the dinette table and counter, it is the table with chairs not the booth, the owner said that is the way it is, he said he was going to modify it if he kept it, I did not have time to check but was wondering if there may be a leaf that could be removed to allow more space to pass by, any info appreciated. Also the coach has two recliners in place of a sofa, is this something that could be swapped out at the factory ? If so has anyone done it, just curious as the what the cost would be, thanks.
When the slides come in they need to go somewhere. Welcome to Class A ownership...compromises everywhere. Live with it.
Savage1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 06:26 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
When the slides come in they need to go somewhere. Welcome to Class A ownership...compromises everywhere. Live with it.
I don't think you understand, you basically have to crawl over the table to get to the restroom, not living with that, thanks for your help.
Old 01-22-2021, 06:56 PM   #38

Quote:
I have tried about all i know to do, will give that a try, thank you.
I went over to the coach today to look at how the table is attached to the countertop and what might prevent it from being pushed in. You should look at the travel stop on the open end to see if it might have been damaged. The travel stop is a board screwed to the top inside edge of the table top from underneath. The stop could have been damaged if someone pulled the table top out too hard some time in the past. If that stop is not stopping the table top at the proper spot, it will be allowed to over travel. If it over travels it can drop down and will not move. If that happened you would need to lift it up and push it in to get it back on track and then fix the travel stop to keep it from happening again. Hope this makes sense.
Old 01-22-2021, 07:15 PM   #39

Quote:
I went over to the coach today to look at how the table is attached to the countertop and what might prevent it from being pushed in. You should look at the travel stop on the open end to see if it might have been damaged. The travel stop is a board screwed to the top inside edge of the table top from underneath. The stop could have been damaged if someone pulled the table top out too hard some time in the past. If that stop is not stopping the table top at the proper spot, it will be allowed to over travel. If it over travels it can drop down and will not move. If that happened you would need to lift it up and push it in to get it back on track and then fix the travel stop to keep it from happening again. Hope this makes sense.
Makes sense, I think this is what has happened, thank you for the info.
Old 01-23-2021, 08:17 PM   #40

Quote:
Makes sense, I think this is what has happened, thank you for the info.
One more piece of info that might help. The length of the table when extended is 37" from the edge of the counter top to the end of the table. The length of the table when retracted is 21 1/2" from the edge of the counter top to the end of the table. If your measurement on the extended measurement is longer than 37" it has gone past its stop and most likely the reason it is stuck.
Old 01-24-2021, 10:48 AM   #41

Quote:
One more piece of info that might help. The length of the table when extended is 37" from the edge of the counter top to the end of the table. The length of the table when retracted is 21 1/2" from the edge of the counter top to the end of the table. If your measurement on the extended measurement is longer than 37" it has gone past its stop and most likely the reason it is stuck.
Did not measure what it is while extended because my covid positive wife is staying in the coach and she was working on the computer, the table is retracted and the measurement is 30 inches.
Old 01-24-2021, 10:56 AM   #42

My wife is staying in the coach because she has a positive covid test, she feels fine and really has no symptoms, she was messing around in the coach and she put the Girad awnings out, where the two awnings meet in the middle one of the awnings is at least an inch higher than the other, is this normal or is there possibly an adjustment to make both the same ? I read where some folks awnings were not supported properly, what do i need to look for to determine if ours are done correctly, thanks for all the help.

Tags
dutch star