RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2021, 10:02 AM   #1

Dutch Star 4369 question

We are about to pick ours up in a week, I noticed that with the slides in there is barely enough room to squeeze between the dinette table and counter, it is the table with chairs not the booth, the owner said that is the way it is, he said he was going to modify it if he kept it, I did not have time to check but was wondering if there may be a leaf that could be removed to allow more space to pass by, any info appreciated. Also the coach has two recliners in place of a sofa, is this something that could be swapped out at the factory ? If so has anyone done it, just curious as the what the cost would be, thanks.
Kampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2021, 10:34 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It maybe the picture but there’s plenty of room between dinette and counter. Only tight spot is between recliners and couch
wishalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 11:06 AM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Newmar makes about five different dinette options. There is the booth, buffet with table and chairs where the table rolls back into the buffet in sections (longest of the group), buffet with free standing table attached under the buffet and no extensions and the free standing table that partially hides under the buffet and has an extension. So it depends what dinette option you have.

With that said, each floorplan usually has some pinch points. On my 2014 DS, the dinette chairs were huge and no matter which way we placed them, they were the pinch point. They were uncomfortable, so we replaced them with smaller chairs which helped.

On our current DS, the chairs are smaller and the pinch point is the table. Even tighter is the opening between the half bath and refer when the slides are in.

Along with the pinch points, the full wall slide floor, when the slide is in, is about 6" above the main floor and you have to watch where you're walking. So things are tight when the coach is closed up, but the purpose of the big DEEP slides is to give you that open feeling when they're OPEN.

I'm 6'2" tall and 300 pounds. I can easily work my way through the coach when it's closed. My wife is average size and traverses back and forth without issue. Often when we stop for lunch, the couple that travels with us in their fifth, wheel will come over to our coach to eat. The four of us can get around fine and eat lunch.

Soooooo.....remember, very little time is spent with the slides closed (travel time) while the bulk of the time, the coach opens up to something larger than some small apartments.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 11:17 AM   #4

No I seen the table, I bet there is a leaf that needs to be removed , if not I will use some southern engineering on it.
Old 01-10-2021, 11:34 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampers View Post
No I seen the table, I bet there is a leaf that needs to be removed , if not I will use some southern engineering on it.

Welcome to iRV2 and the Newmar family .

I do hope " southern engineering " doesn't include the use of a chain saw.
Old 01-10-2021, 11:50 AM   #6
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
On mine, if the leaf were installed 12", it would be impassible.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 11:59 AM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
My late wife would not have easily fit getting to the front bath as we traveled. That nixed it for us.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 01:04 PM   #8

LOL, na maybe a crow bar and a hammer. When I get her home I will check it oiut, just cannot imagine there only being about a 10 - 12 inch gap to squeeze through to get to the restroom and back of coach.
Old 01-10-2021, 03:00 PM   #9

Subbed
outlawten5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 06:02 AM   #10

I don't know which dinette you have, but without any leaves or with it fully retracted, you should have at least 14 in of space between the dinette and countertop. There might be more depending which option you have
arein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 06:51 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I think what it boils down to is comfort when you are parked,the 2 recliners, booth dinette, we do not use the leaf and if we did it would come out during travel. When you are driving you don't walk to the back that much, i would much rather have the room parked than when i'm going down the road.
Arty1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 07:02 AM   #12

We have a 2019 and on ours there is plenty of room. Our table can be pulled to extend and the pushed back in. You don't say what year model yours is but you might try pushing it in.
taratiffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 12:51 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampers View Post
We are about to pick ours up in a week, I noticed that with the slides in there is barely enough room to squeeze between the dinette table and counter, it is the table with chairs not the booth, the owner said that is the way it is, he said he was going to modify it if he kept it, I did not have time to check but was wondering if there may be a leaf that could be removed to allow more space to pass by, any info appreciated. Also the coach has two recliners in place of a sofa, is this something that could be swapped out at the factory ? If so has anyone done it, just curious as the what the cost would be, thanks.
We are looking to swap our Couch for theater seating. Doubtful it is the same size or color coming from a Kountry Star to a Dutch Star. I don't know what I am going to do with a almost new RV couch. Probably collect dust in my storage unit for the next 5 years.
RVStitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 01:04 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVStitchy View Post
We are looking to swap our Couch for theater seating. Doubtful it is the same size or color coming from a Kountry Star to a Dutch Star. I don't know what I am going to do with a almost new RV couch. Probably collect dust in my storage unit for the next 5 years.
FYI. You can list RV parts on rvt.com.
Rev. Roy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dutch star