Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2010, 08:07 PM   #1

Dutch Star slide roller adjustment

I've searched forum for a thread on how to adjust the rollers on a slide, but came up empty. Maybe I'm not searching properly. Anyway, the kitchen slide on my 03 Dutch Star has good clearance on one side, but the other is almost dragging on the tile floor. I can see where to adjust that side of the exterior wall portion, but not the roller itself. Which, by the way is under the fridge. Any help would be appreciated.
DutchBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2010, 08:22 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Newmar Customer Support just sent me the instructions on aligning the slides. You can email me at rogerf4e@gmail.com, and I'd be glad to forward them to you
Old 07-26-2010, 05:27 AM   #3
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyghost View Post
Newmar Customer Support just sent me the instructions on aligning the slides. You can email me at rogerf4e@gmail.com, and I'd be glad to forward them to you
Are you able to post the instructions here?

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:08 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Please?!?!?!?!

Doc Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:16 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
I'm in upper Minnesota at the moment and my reception on the air card doesn't let me upload to the site. I forwarded a copy to "Notify" and the document should be available shortly.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:23 AM   #6

Slide Adjustment

I did speak with a Newmar Tech about adjusting the roller itself. According to the Tech, there is no adjustment for the roller. He indicated that the roller has probably failed, & needs to be replaced. Access to it can be achieved by blocking off the top of the slide, and then retracting the slide. This jambs the top from retracting and forces the bottom of the slide to rise off the floor for access.
DutchBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:34 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
While this thread has to do with replacing rug floor to tile read the end of thread and it may help you with your problem the rollers.

This picture shows the stop nut for slide travel outward. If nut is not against stop plate slide may not be flush with wall inside. The threaded rod travels through the slotted plate.

Another picture of nut against the stop plate has dimple in nut self locking.
All nuts you see under slide end plates should be tight to plates and locked to them.

RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:39 PM   #8

Slide procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyghost View Post
Here is a link to the document Greyghost mentions. Sorry it took so long to get this in the thread. I was celebrating a very important birthday with friends.. My own!!

http://www.mo-fl.com/Slideout/full_S...nformation.pdf
40DS04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:55 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
I've been wrestling with adjusting the bedroom slide for a while. Newmar sent me the same diagrams and I'll be darn if I can find the adjustment saddle that's referenced on the diagram. I've been under the bed numerous times but I'm not able to can find it. If someone can point it out I would be most appreciative.
RJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:20 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
RJay take a look at this information found in Quick Tips.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:49 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
007 thanks, I saw that but it doesn't seem to show the adjustment saddle. I've called Newmar several times and they keep sending the same diagrams and I'm beginning to think that some slides don't have the saddle. The diagram shows the saddle near the drive wheel sprocket that moves the inner rail, I've found the sprocket but no saddle. Thanks again!
Old 07-27-2010, 10:52 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Adjusting Saddle

RJay - From what I can see from the diagrams and looking at my BR slide I've come to two conclusions:

1. The adjusting saddle is only on the flat floor slide outs. If your 07 DSDP is not a flat floor slide out you should not have a saddle. However if your slideout is a flat floor slide out then the saddle will be located in the floor of the slide out, not as part of the working mechanism.
2. My BR slide is not a flat floor slide out and does not have the saddle.

It's raining at the moment or I would try to find the saddle on LR slide.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:18 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
The saddles I see are under the floor and the saddle is for closure of slide fully extended for top of inside of slide against the inside wall. To adjust slide would have to be fully extended and some skinny guy would have to follow slide rail to the saddle. ANY ADJUSTMENT would have to be miner most adjustments are with the stop rods that I showed in pictures and all adjustments are very small.
Unless the stop nuts have become loose some how, adjustments should not have to happen with original factory adjustments.
The saddle adjustment is for the roller thats in the slide rail to drop into when you see your slide drop flush with floor THAT is all it does for tight seal against top of inside wall.
All this info is in section 12.03 pg's 1,2,3,4
The saddle is mid way of the slide rail in your LR slide. A large roller on rail drops into it.
A flat floor slide bedroom or kitchen slide would not have saddle because of no drop in floor. They would have rod adjustments. If bedroom slide is not closing tight only make small adjustments to rod nuts until face of slide is flush against the wall. Over adjustments would bend or pop off fascia of face of slide.
The measurements you see on the rod diagram are the measurements I gave Oemy "Dale" off my slide rod, when he had to rebuild his stop rod.
You may want to take a look at your rollers and make sure they are tracking correctly and still in their bracket. If you roll slide out 1/2 way you can get 2x4 under to hold up to take a look at rollers.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:11 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Grayghost,
Your right, the slide I'm having trouble with is the bed side which is on a platform. At least I can now stop looking for the saddle! And Thank You for offering to investigate further!

You've identified my problem. When my slide is fully extended the top of the side is leaning slightly into the bedroom and the bottom is tight against the interior wall. Last winter I could feel cold air coming in at the top so I'd like to get this resolved before next winter.