Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2022, 03:20 PM   #1

Dutch Star Theater Seats

I'm interested in DS 43xx floor plans with theater seats separated by a small table (typically located across from the TV lift). So far, I've only seen pictures of this arrangement. In pics I've seen, it looks like there is plenty of room for the forward theater seat, but the rear seat seems to be wedged between the small table and the dinette hutch. Is this the actual arrangement or an artifact due to camera angles (or something like that)?

Thanks in advance.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2022, 04:45 PM   #2

Howdy, so are you thinking two recliners with a table in between them or a once piece theater seat setup? I just ordered a new theater seat for my 4081 DS from Villa. It is the same one they are suppling Newmar for 2022 and forward that will replace the bed sofa. Lots of info on this site about this topic.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
lrwinddancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 06:48 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcgettinby View Post
I'm interested in DS 43xx floor plans with theater seats separated by a small table (typically located across from the TV lift). So far, I've only seen pictures of this arrangement. In pics I've seen, it looks like there is plenty of room for the forward theater seat, but the rear seat seems to be wedged between the small table and the dinette hutch. Is this the actual arrangement or an artifact due to camera angles (or something like that)?

Thanks in advance.
The recliners actually do both work just fine. Plenty room, but it is a coach where space is precious. We have the actual setup you’re asking about. You have to kind of pull and place the chairs before you sit in them. They are comfortable but not quite as comfortable as a Lazy Boy in your sticks and bricks home.
Country Road is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 06:55 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcgettinby View Post

Thanks in advance.
We have the theater seats. Both are huge and the same size and there is a huge armrest between the two with a huge storage bin underneath it and two little nifty cup holders that have lights that change colors, and finally, there is a USB charge port between the up/down buttons. Well worth the money IMO and I like not having to move any chairs for traveling.
UMXHAULER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 05:44 PM   #5

Thanks to all for the helpful input.

We found a 4369 we really like that is configured with two reclining seats separated by a small table. Hopefully, this coach, or one like it, will be available after we sell our current 5th wheel.
Old 04-28-2022, 10:38 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMXHAULER View Post
We have the theater seats. Both are huge and the same size and there is a huge armrest between the two with a huge storage bin underneath it and two little nifty cup holders that have lights that change colors, and finally, there is a USB charge port between the up/down buttons. Well worth the money IMO and I like not having to move any chairs for traveling.
Did they come with your coach or did you buy aftermarket?
HWH Active Air Suspension 2014 Wrangler
DRL1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 03:09 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
we have the same set up as UXMHAULER. Thats the way it comes from the factory.
2012 JEEP Liberty 4WD,Demco Dominator, AF1
GW4607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 07:10 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrwinddancer View Post
Howdy, so are you thinking two recliners with a table in between them or a once piece theater seat setup? I just ordered a new theater seat for my 4081 DS from Villa. It is the same one they are suppling Newmar for 2022 and forward that will replace the bed sofa. Lots of info on this site about this topic.
I am leaving in about an hour to go to Villa in Mississippi to pick up my new theater seat. I will start a new thread on the removal of the sofa bed and installation of the new seating in the next couple of weeks.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
lrwinddancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 07:43 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
FYI:

Factory installed "theater seating" is anchored to the floor of the Coach! And in most cases, will have seat belts installed!

The swivel recliners are not anchored, & some folks have issues with them moving while traveling. And they do not have seat belts!

Side note; my wife is 5'5" and when seated in the recliner, due to its seat cushion angle, her feet would not touch the floor. However, with theater seating, which have power recliners, her feet would touch the floor, when seated! A BIG issue for her! Needless to say, we have theater seating, and love it. Very comfortable!
Jabber Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 10:58 PM   #10

Recliner Seats

We just took delivery of a 3736 with 2 recliners in place of the sofa. The recliners we got were different than the one's that the dealer had in the 2022 on his lot. Newmar has changed them to be one's with the foot release on the inside of the arm, the old design had a lever on the outside.

We choose recliners over theater seats and I'm not yet sure if I would make the same choice again. My coach layout is similar to 40xx but there is no room for a table between the seats. While they are comfortable, I have made a couple of modifications to make them more usable. I have used Gorilla double stick tape to attach 5/8 x 5/8 molding to the floor as guides to keep the chairs in place. I also have wired the chairs to the base to limit the amount that they are able to swivel. We then just slide them further into the room when we park and back toward the window when we travel. This leaves plenty of room to walk with the slides in.

My recommendation is to try them both out before you buy, we found that the theater seats were not as comfortable as the recliners but that is an individual choice.
Frank94062 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 03:55 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank94062 View Post
We just took delivery of a 3736 with 2 recliners in place of the sofa. The recliners we got were different than the one's that the dealer had in the 2022 on his lot. Newmar has changed them to be one's with the foot release on the inside of the arm, the old design had a lever on the outside.

We choose recliners over theater seats and I'm not yet sure if I would make the same choice again. My coach layout is similar to 40xx but there is no room for a table between the seats. While they are comfortable, I have made a couple of modifications to make them more usable. I have used Gorilla double stick tape to attach 5/8 x 5/8 molding to the floor as guides to keep the chairs in place. I also have wired the chairs to the base to limit the amount that they are able to swivel. We then just slide them further into the room when we park and back toward the window when we travel. This leaves plenty of room to walk with the slides in.

My recommendation is to try them both out before you buy, we found that the theater seats were not as comfortable as the recliners but that is an individual choice.
I agree the theater seats are not very comfortable. We ordered them in our new Dutch Star and the seat backs are reclined so far back you cannot watch tv.

We had the recliners in our Ventana and I was concerned about them moving around on the full tile floor in the slide out in the Dutch Star. The jury is still out on how I’m going to resolve this issue.
Old 06-11-2022, 04:04 PM   #12

Spartan Chassis
Dutch Star Theater Seats

I have a 2021 Ventana with swivel recliners. Very comfortable, but they have rubbed against the valance behind them during travels. First question, has anyone else had this and how did they remedy? Second, if I want to get the Theater seating from Villa (according to this site they are the OE supplier to Newmar?), what is the web site to order from? Direct from Villa?
Glenn4025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 05:52 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
We have the Villa recliners and are waiting for our order from Bradd & Hall for their theater seating. The recliners rub the valances and we have to turn them sideways before bringing the slides in so we have room to walk while we're driving.
Old 06-13-2022, 04:10 PM   #14

We just took delivery of our 2022 Dutch Star 4369 with the theater seats that are bolted down with a very nice console between with plenty of adult beverage storage. The only thing we do not like about it is the cup holders, nothing fits right in them. I'll be looking into alterative holders.
Capt Van is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dutch star, heat, heater, seat