Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2014, 12:32 PM   #1

Dutch Star vs Entegra Anthem

Howdy folks - I know / I know this is a subjective question, and probably would get different answers depending on which forum you're on (Entegra owners vs Newmar owners) but we've been looking at so many DP coaches and believe we've narrowed it down to Newmar Dutch Star or the Entegra Anthem. Both are awesome MH's, with comparable features, and there are some options on one that the other doesn't have, BUT a little feedback from knowledgeable folks is always welcomed. Although the search for a new MH is exciting, it's nerve wracking as well with so many MH to choose from. Thanks for any input y'all might provide
Rogerm60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2014, 02:00 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to the forum and irv2.
In the top of this link are people deciding what they want for a new coach and just below that are threads of the HOOT's and the process they want through ordering their DSDP's.
Within these threads you will find the people to contact at NEWMAR for special orders that some of them got.
In this link you will find everything Newmar so you can compare what you find about the other coach you maybe interested in.
Good luck in your hunt and maybe a welcome to Newmar family in the future.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 02:23 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerm60 View Post
Howdy folks - I know / I know this is a subjective question, and probably would get different answers depending on which forum you're on (Entegra owners vs Newmar owners) but we've been looking at so many DP coaches and believe we've narrowed it down to Newmar Dutch Star or the Entegra Anthem. Both are awesome MH's, with comparable features, and there are some options on one that the other doesn't have, BUT a little feedback from knowledgeable folks is always welcomed. Although the search for a new MH is exciting, it's nerve wracking as well with so many MH to choose from. Thanks for any input y'all might provide
Yes Sir you are correct, you're going to get different opinions from everyone. There is one thing you didn't say though whether you're looking at new or used. If it's new then one of the biggest advantages of a Newmar is that you can order "specials" and customize it from the factory a lot more than an Entegra. Both are quality coaches, so find a floor plan that works for you and the DW. If it's used then that's a whole different conversation. Good Luck!!
NHSO
harleychief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 02:56 PM   #4

We were down to the same two. First off floor plan. Newmar had lots oc choices with the ability to change it up. Entegra had fewer. Second, the ability to make some special changes. I wanted a wireline chase added to the roof and one in the chassis, a couple of extra outlets 12 & 120 V. Newmar no problem. Entegra Nada. Ordered the Newmar.
Old 10-24-2014, 03:06 PM   #5
RV Nut

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerm60 View Post
We looked briefly at the Entegra Aspire before ordering our Ventana. The Newmar was more customizable as far as floor plan options. The build quality of both seemed comparable.

A minor thing for most, but the Aspire had no place for my left foot to rest while driving. It's a pet peeve of mine with cars and MH's.

2015 Newmar Ventana 4037 - All Electric
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon TOAD
newmarpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 03:16 PM   #6

I agree with the above post. Newmar has better floor plans to begin with in my opinion. If you are going new then that adds the ability to customize to your liking where Entegra wont do any of that.
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 04:22 AM   #7

I think the Entegra's are very nice coaches. I also think Entegra owners are generally quite pleased with their coaches......

While there is much talk that the Spartan chassis is a wonderful product.......and it may be----I am more impressed and swayed by the wide-repair network that Freightliner has developed.....I find it comforting to know that a freightliner service center is never very far.
patch-y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 06:49 AM   #8

We're also in the same place, except we've added Allegro Bus to our search. Another issue that slants the discussion towards Newmar is the option to tap into all the knowledge directly by taking Factory Delivery. It seems, that many owners that have done this are very pleased with the outcome. I think in the case of these three Manufacturers, only Newmar does this. Floor plan options seem greater with Newmar, in addition, being customizable may be important. For us, these may be the big issues. Thanks for all the input on this subject!!

Jeff
Jeff426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 09:36 AM   #9

I compared those 2 heavily, Newmar came out on top because of the customizing.

I just couldn't see spending that much money and not getting what I wanted.
Old 10-26-2014, 03:33 PM   #10

Several have stated that "if buying new" you would buy Newmar because you can basically customized it. However, what if you're buying "used"? Can you take a Newmar back to the factory to customize based on your needs/desires?
Jake62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 03:52 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake62 View Post
Several have stated that "if buying new" you would buy Newmar because you can basically customized it. However, what if you're buying "used"? Can you take a Newmar back to the factory to customize based on your needs/desires?

If you buy used a whole world of potential opens up. There are many shops where extensive remodeling can be done.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 03:57 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to RW8804
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmarpusher View Post
We looked briefly at the Entegra Aspire before ordering our Ventana. The Newmar was more customizable as far as floor plan options. The build quality of both seemed comparable.

A minor thing for most, but the Aspire had no place for my left foot to rest while driving. It's a pet peeve of mine with cars and MH's.
Just a note...I remodeled the panel that blocks your left foot on my Anthem. It took about 10 minutes and now I have a ton of legroom.
RW8804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 04:16 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
My Thinking

is that Entegra seems to be having some quality issues and you can not get factory delivery. Combine that with the price difference on the Anthem, which on a well optioned DSDP 4369 was around 20 to 30K even through RV One. The ability to change things up is also a consideration, in addition to many standard options we also added the Advantium and AGM batteries and up the gauge of the wire going to the roof to 4 AWG...

Enterga does offer the 2 year warranty, but then Cummins and Freightliner sort of negate that we their warranties on the more serious parts.

I really do like the Anthem and at the end of the day either will certainly work, but when really looking closely at the state of the state Newmar works better for me. You can always look at American Coach as well.

My .02

Jim
MoHoGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 05:53 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake62 View Post
Jake as Steve O had mentioned remodeling can be done at numerous places. We chose to have our Dinette remodeled by newmar which, although more expensive, offered us a variety of design options that we liked. We are currently set newmar having those changes made
spinn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dutch star