Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-27-2017, 10:12 AM   #1

Dutchstar floor full wall slide

Has anyone had the repair done for the floor not being level in the full wall slide in the Newmar Dutchstar. If so what was the result and how long did the repair take. I have 2 cracked tiles on the slide floor edge and the floor is a full bubble off on a 4 foot level from the wall to the slide edge.
Uniform21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2017, 10:45 AM   #2

Just had it done at factory. We left the coach for other work so I don't know time. Floor is now flat since they put brackets in.
judgebobk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 04:09 PM   #3

Full Wall Slide

Thanks we are having it done in November at a dealer that received training from Newmar Glad to hear that it corrected the problem.
Old 07-27-2017, 04:19 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Would you folks mind telling us what year your coaches are? It's the curiosity in me.
BBelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 07:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniform21 View Post
Thanks we are having it done in November at a dealer that received training from Newmar Glad to hear that it corrected the problem.
What dealer is doing it for you? My dealer is also receiving training and they are supposed to do mine as well? Did they tell you what is going to be done and how long it will take?
specmga1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 04:46 AM   #6

Full wall slide

Our coach is a 2016 and we are scheduled to have the repair done at Independence RV in Florida
Old 07-28-2017, 05:10 AM   #7

To answer the "how long" part. The Techs at Newmar had to keep it overnight, meaning that there normal schedule of picking coach up at 6am and returning it at 2 wasn't enough time since they have to remove a lot of the wood trim all around the slide box to get into the slide box for repair then re-install.

I would guess the dealer network who doesn't do as many would take longer. You just want to make sure they do it right of course.
BigDogSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 05:14 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogSolo View Post
To answer the "how long" part. The Techs at Newmar had to keep it overnight, meaning that there normal schedule of picking coach up at 6am and returning it at 2 wasn't enough time since they have to remove a lot of the wood trim all around the slide box to get into the slide box for repair then re-install.

I would guess the dealer network who doesn't do as many would take longer. You just want to make sure they do it right of course.
So it it took 2 days? How did it come out? Is the slope gone now?
specmga1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 07:41 AM   #9

I think it is great Newmar has started training dealers to make the necessary repairs to the full wide slide........Having said that, and it is just my opinion based on having my slide repaired two times by Newmar, I would highly recommend having the factory repair the slide. My unit currently has the new "superstructure" configuration but does not have the same configuration used on the 2018 models; I was told the 2018 configuration would not physically fit on my 2016 model. So far the slide out is operating OK, its not perfectly level but is OK. The popping noises when extending and retracting are less but not totally eliminated. Newmar advises the chain will make some popping noises during operation. I'm still a little concerned but I'll wait and see if things work out in the long run.

I realize going to the factory is a great inconvenience, but I would feel remiss if I didn't share my opinion on this. I would hope someone would make the same recommendation to me if I were contemplating having a dealer repair my slide-out.....this is a big job and for me should only be performed by the experts.

Allen
wam16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 07:33 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by specmga1 View Post
So it it took 2 days? How did it come out? Is the slope gone now?
Yes, the slope is gone. They have a tolerance range I think around 5/8ths of an inch or so.
It is a big job and you want to make sure that the exterior part of the slide sits correctly around the seams and that the reveal around the seam is close without being too much to one side or the other.
They did a terrific job.
BigDogSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 07:42 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
This should only affect 2016s.

Ours was one of the first to have the retrofit fix done and it came out level.

The chains do still pop a bit on ours, sometimes more than others, I suspect the topography of the site has something to do with that.

We had one small crack not actually in the tile but the grout, from before the repair. Factory fixed that and so far no recurrence.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 07:56 AM   #12

I was told only the 2016s had the problem but my 2017 has it. It will be repaired in October
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 08:17 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBelanger View Post
Would you folks mind telling us what year your coaches are? It's the curiosity in me.
Put your finger on our name and it should show up. 2016 on ours.
judgebobk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 08:23 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman62 View Post
I was told only the 2016s had the problem but my 2017 has it. It will be repaired in October
Now that you mention it, the 2017s were in production before the redesigned arm became available sometime in May, about the time we took delivery of our 2016. That same arm has been through at least three designs now.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor, slide