Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-22-2020, 09:08 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Question DutchStar Reeded Glass Pocket Doors Affect Sleep with Light/Sound Moving Thru Doors

Dear DutchStar friends with bunk beds / or no bunk beds. We are just now purchasing a DutchStar 4326 bunk bed - 2021 version. It appears that the 4326 has Reeded Glass Pocket Doors as standard between the main living area (which sleeps 3-4) and the bunk area (which sleeps 2) and then another set of Reeded glass doors to separate the bunks from the Master bedroom. Does the light / volume of TV in one “sleeping area” affect the ability of children / teens / guests to sleep in another “sleeping area” if the lights and/or TV are on in 1 area with no lights / TV on in another area? I have 3 children that will be traveling with us for the next several years and I don’t know if the light / volume from TVs filtering between rooms will bother them if guests or children retire to their “sleeping area” earlier than others?

Also - do all 4326 have reeded glass doors as standard? I have not been able to get this one answered by our dealer. And the pocket door by the master bathroom appears to be solid wood correct?
CarpeDiem20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2020, 08:55 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Whatever you find and decide, you can order with solid wood doors as a “special”. It’s normal for a dealer to be lacking on this information, and Newmar doesn’t like to address one special item at a time, so it’s best to get your complete list of special requests together, submit it all at one time, and then Newmar will give you the yeah or nay on each.

If you are ordering, you should read through this thread - very informative on special options :
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/new...ls-415067.html
Quite a few people here opted for solid wood over glass pocket doors.
Old 08-23-2020, 10:50 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Adding solid core doors as a special is very expensive! I forget exactly, but $2,000 to $3,000, maybe more? It's a lot! Not sure how much hollow core costs.
Old 08-23-2020, 10:58 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Hi - Expensive for sure. When we ordered our '18 DS we thought that solid core doors would be nice. At $1K each times 4 we passed. Kids adjust so let them get use to the new surroundings. Tell them it's my fault and not yours.:>)

Tom
Ricci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 11:07 AM   #5

We have a 4326 and changed only the bedroom door to hardwood. Newmar charged $685 for the upgrade to be included. Overall, we were very happy with that choice as the glass pocket doors looks good on the front set and the wood doors gives us more privacy and is darker when sleeping in. Here’s how Newmar coded it on our build. “POCKET DOOR FROM BEDROOM TO BUNK AREA TO BE HARDWOOD (OTHER TO REMAIN THE REEDED GLASS”
Old 08-23-2020, 11:07 AM   #6
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
On our 4018, it was the first year of the glass doors. We like the bedroom dark and my wife goes to bed before I do. We ordered the solid doors so she wouldn't see the TV lights flashing through the glass. My wife, who rarely sleeps in, stays in bed longer because the room is nice and dark. I would do it again.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 07:56 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
On our 4018, it was the first year of the glass doors. We like the bedroom dark and my wife goes to bed before I do. We ordered the solid doors so she wouldn't see the TV lights flashing through the glass. My wife, who rarely sleeps in, stays in bed longer because the room is nice and dark. I would do it again.

Tags
door, doors, dutchstar, light, lights