Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-01-2017, 01:05 PM   #57

Hi,
Is the Newmar free repeater discount still applicable on May 1, 2017?

Stu
etchedimages is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2017, 06:04 PM   #58

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by etchedimages View Post
Hi,
Is the Newmar free repeater discount still applicable on May 1, 2017?

Stu
Yes

I think it is never ending.
The only thing that might change over time would be any price increases.

If you have any problem, call EEZ direct. Their phone number is on their web site.
StuartS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 05:21 AM   #59

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
They were so helpful on the phone. When I ordered I forgot to put in the comments I wanted the free repeater. I called and the lady I spoke to was boxing the order ( 5 minutes after I placed it on line) she added it and it was delivered the next day.

So great CS to start with!!

John
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 09:03 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMertens View Post
All systems without exception will give false, no readings at times. Especially when batteries are low, or first starting out. This is the reason whey these are not an replacement for a pre-trip inspection. I now have the tire minder smart ones simply because I do not want another screen on my dash, so I use the smart phone app with Tire Minder. Over the years I had these systems in cars, motorcycles and RV's. They are NOT perfect, don't expect to go a year and not check your tire pressure manually, and you'll be happy.

I was recently at the FMCA show in Chandler, AZ. I wish I could remember the brand, but saw a system on a 7 inch tablet that set up an ad-hoc network between sensors and tablet. This eliminated the need for a repeater/booster altogether. I really like the look of it. My issue with it was they did not have any at the show. Didn't seem like they were out yet, and they wanted me to pay and wait until they could get some produced. I elected not to pay in advance, but might be very interesting once they are fully stocked.
Rvi?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBelanger View Post
I have a 4018 and a Jeep Wrangler. No booster and it works fine.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:09 AM   #61

I ordered the 10 PC. Install was fairly easy. I'm stuck at the park for another week. Wish I had seen the offer for the repeater. I'll soon find out if I need it.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:16 AM   #62

I had 1 issue installing. My inside rears needed valve stem extent ions. The metal valve stem was off set in the round hole opening of the outer rim. There was no way to thread the sensor on. Perhaps if I had ordered flow thru sensors as the look longer.
Old 05-08-2017, 05:13 AM   #63

Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlott2k View Post
I had 1 issue installing. My inside rears needed valve stem extent ions. The metal valve stem was off set in the round hole opening of the outer rim. There was no way to thread the sensor on. Perhaps if I had ordered flow thru sensors as the look longer.
Had a similar problem with one of the inner duals on our coach, and not being able to read the pressure consistently. Called S&S Tire & Auto, a mobile truck tire repair service in Goodyear AZ, and the tech checked all the wheels for problems. He installed rubber gaskets in the wheel rim holes where the dual valves stuck out which keeps the valve stem centered in the hole. Charged $76.18 for the call. Worked great, and my recent EEZ TPMS installation went smoothly. I put flow through sensors on the RV and anti-theft sensors on the toad.

Recommend S&S Tire & Auto: SSTireAZ.com
LennyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 08:40 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by LennyC View Post
Had a similar problem with one of the inner duals on our coach, and not being able to read the pressure consistently. Called S&S Tire & Auto, a mobile truck tire repair service in Goodyear AZ, and the tech checked all the wheels for problems. He installed rubber gaskets in the wheel rim holes where the dual valves stuck out which keeps the valve stem centered in the hole. Charged $76.18 for the call. Worked great, and my recent EEZ TPMS installation went smoothly. I put flow through sensors on the RV and anti-theft sensors on the toad.

Recommend S&S Tire & Auto: SSTireAZ.com
Interesting! How far out are the flow through? I ordered the regular ones. Between them and my fingertips , no way could I screw them on!
Old 05-08-2017, 11:03 PM   #65

Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Regarding the valve stem protruding length, I don't know the exact answer, but if you can measure the pressure with a gauge, you should be able to screw the flow-through sensor on. If not, perhaps new valve stems or extensions would work? I'd check with a truck tire firm for their expert advice and remedy. Good luck!
LennyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 04:20 AM   #66

I'm looking to install my repeater and want to put it in the rear closet of my Bay Star 3518 using the 12 volt light as the power source. My question is, how much draw is the repeater going to take off the battery and it's obviously going to be powered all the time. Would I be better off using one of the lights in the rear bay and shut the main switch off when I'm not using it. I currently keep the switch off when not using any of the basement lights (which are all individually switched).
Magilla122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 08:44 AM   #67

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magilla122 View Post
I'm looking to install my repeater and want to put it in the rear closet of my Bay Star 3518 using the 12 volt light as the power source. My question is, how much draw is the repeater going to take off the battery and it's obviously going to be powered all the time. Would I be better off using one of the lights in the rear bay and shut the main switch off when I'm not using it. I currently keep the switch off when not using any of the basement lights (which are all individually switched).
I would call EEZ & talk to them about where & how to wire it. They told me to mount it outside in a rear bay. So call & ask them the best place in your coach.
StuartS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 09:58 AM   #68

Entegra Owners Club
The draw is very little. I wired mine to the rear closet light. If I am going to be boondocking awhile it is very easy to just pull the cord out of the repeater which stops all power usage anyhow.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:26 PM   #69

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magilla122 View Post
Why do you think you need a repeater? I have a 40 footer and I have no problem with 12 sensors.
BBelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:30 PM   #70

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogcard View Post
Dang, I just got a 10 sensor system in yesterday and had not seen this promotion. I wonder if they would honor it if I call them?

Worth a try. Good company.

John
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar