Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2022, 08:54 AM   #71

My bank holds all suspicious charges and calls me before processing. 4k in fuel would be one of those.
tmandoug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2022, 10:40 AM   #72

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vett747 View Post
on my recent trip. Yesterday someone managed to take $4,000 from my tsd card bank account without my knowledge. This was at the Petro ta in Oklahoma City west. now i will start using fuel app from truck smart, loves, and flying j where i can pay online.
We only keep enough in our account for that days purchase. We also DO NOT have that checking account backed up by savings or other method
wwalpole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 11:00 AM   #73

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Update on TSD fraud incident

I spoke directly with TSD this morning. As I previously mentioned I have used this company for my trucking company and never had a problem. The response from Tara Rape is as follows:

The incident occurred and yes the OP and a couple others accounts were debited for significant sums. It occurred at multiple Oklahoma truck stops. The investigation b seems to be centered around an employee being able to re it’s the card number and would have to have had access to the card 4 digit control number. When a card reader is skimmed it could re odd this information. The information was then passed to friends of the employee bay the original terminal. When a cash paying customer approached to purchase diesel the employee authorized the pump and pocketed the cash. All victims have received loss funds. The criminal prosecution is in progress due to video clips and time stamps of transactions.

Finally I would say the discount and TSD are not responsible for this happening. I would say if a pump will not authorize fuel move to another pump. I would not go inside and verbally share account information.
Mikenat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 11:08 AM   #74

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandyDon View Post
Really sorry to hear that! We have dedicated account for that purpose that we never keep more than about 2k in, but still it would be a bummer to lose that amount. For some completely illogical reason this type of scammer bothers me more than some guy with a gun who holds up a liquor store??
Same here dedicated account for online shopping and auto deductions. I would think either store employee or pump skimming device. EFS is used by most major trucking companies without issue. Knight Transportation fuel bill runs over 4 million a day according to 2021 numbers. If dishonesty was the issue these mega carriers would do business elsewhere. See the pilot / flying J lawsuit a few years back. Work through it with EFS/TSD. TA’s are the bottom of truck stops. Crime, cleanliness issues are there downfall IMO as a OTR driver.
glen-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 11:19 AM   #75

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikenat View Post
I spoke directly with TSD this morning. As I previously mentioned I have used this company for my trucking company and never had a problem. The response from Tara Rape is as follows:

The incident occurred and yes the OP and a couple others accounts were debited for significant sums. It occurred at multiple Oklahoma truck stops. The investigation b seems to be centered around an employee being able to re it’s the card number and would have to have had access to the card 4 digit control number. When a card reader is skimmed it could re odd this information. The information was then passed to friends of the employee bay the original terminal. When a cash paying customer approached to purchase diesel the employee authorized the pump and pocketed the cash. All victims have received loss funds. The criminal prosecution is in progress due to video clips and time stamps of transactions.

Finally I would say the discount and TSD are not responsible for this happening. I would say if a pump will not authorize fuel move to another pump. I would not go inside and verbally share account information.
Thanks for your update. Does this mean that all of those that experienced the fraudulent charges did not swipe at the pump, but rather initiated their purchases inside by handing their card to an employee?
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 11:35 AM   #76

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikenat View Post

Thanks for the explanation...

HOWEVER

the part of that explanation that still doesn't make any sense to me is that each time I use the EFS card, BEFORE any money is debited from my checking account via ACH, I receive an email from fuel@tsdinc.com that contains a Settlement Summary for each transaction. It's not until at least one business day later that the ACH transaction occurs and my checking account is debited.

Did the cardholder(s) NOT receive the email(s)?

Did the cardholder(s) NOT question the trasactions indicated on the Settlement Summary and contact TSD Logistics? The Settlement Summary contains both phone and email contact info for TSD Logistics.

I closely monitor my email for the Settlement Summary each time I use the EFS fuel card. Were I to notice any charges made to my card that I didn't make, I would surely and immediately contact TSD Logistics, BEFORE any ACH transaction occurred debiting my checking account.

Take care,
Stu
Old 05-09-2022, 11:55 AM   #77

I watch my emails and app on a daily basis and they have been spot on with what is finally debited from our dedicated TSD account approx. a day later after the fuel is purchased. I keep $2-3,000 in the account because I don't want to have to do constant transfers every day while traveling-guess I'm living dangerously. I love the TSD thus far and like that the pumps are fast, no limit on the amount of fuel purchased with a single swipe, and the ease of getting in and out of truck stops even if I end up paying a few cents more. Yes I have had card fraud in the past but I have never been left high and dry by the bank in the end.
UMXHAULER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 12:00 PM   #78

Limit of 200 gallon per 24 hour period per my last understanding.
cgromada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 12:55 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgromada View Post
Limit of 200 gallon per 24 hour period per my last understanding.
Yes, 200 gallons or $1000 per day.
BonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 02:23 PM   #80

Following...many contradictions here
vlamgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 05:53 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonS View Post
Yes, 200 gallons or $1000 per day.
Well then, quite impossible for me to use that much in a single day! Good to know though.
UMXHAULER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 06:30 PM   #82

American Coach Owners Club
Never give anyone direct access to your or a dedicated account- It's bound to happen sooner or later !
NHRA225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 07:24 PM   #83

Wow! Good to hear that they figured the scam out and narrowed it down to an employee. I only use my Amex at the pump or at the inside terminal. ( I have a Delta Amex). I prefer the miles to the discount. My Amex always sends an alert to my IPhone for all transactions. I have had in the past my card info stolen by a waiter using a skimmer. Amex spotted the fraud transaction that night. They notified the local police and they sent a detective to the restaurant. Arrest made within 4 hours of the fraud.
PaulTNaples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 06:37 AM   #84

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGed View Post
Thanks for your update. Does this mean that all of those that experienced the fraudulent charges did not swipe at the pump, but rather initiated their purchases inside by handing their card to an employee?
The card number and control number were passed to other persons at other Oklahoma locations verbally. The skimmer was at one site where the original OP used the pump. All persons involved were reimbursed.
Mikenat is offline   Reply With Quote