Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2014, 08:04 AM   #1

Electric Schematics ?

Is there a place where the electric schematics are posted ? I have a 2013 DS 4338 and wanted to have both the 12v and 110v wiring schematics .
I didn't see anything on ComNet .... thanks
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2014, 08:07 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
In QT's # 3 there is this and this for fuse and wiring.
If you look closely at wiring leads will have writing on wires that will indicate what it is for and where its going and coming from.
If you look through the three links in my signature you will find more info for your Newmar.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:26 AM   #3

I've been trying to get the same thing for my 2013 Ventana. Newmar sent me a useless 2-page document that indicated the paths some of the harnesses take. I'll be at Newmar later this month for service and see what I can get hold of there.

We love our Newmar, but our last 2 motorhomes were Winnebagos and one thing (not to bash, but maybe the only thing) they have over Newmar is their online documentation. I was able to download a complete actual parts catalog and wiring and plumbing diagrams - total of at least 300 pages. Their owners manuals were more relevant and complete and consolidated nicely into spiral manuals including all the appliances and electronics. Having the wiring schematics helped me numerous times while on the road and the parts catalog helped to see how everything went together. In this day and age I can't understand why all manufactureres can't make that information available to us.

2013 Newmar Ventana 3634
gmpartsvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:16 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmpartsvet View Post
..in this day and age I can't understand why all manufactureres can't make that information available to us.

I can think of a few reasons..
1. Pure laziness
2. Some company thinks they have something special over the competitors. Insecurity, or no confidence to release this information.
3. Pure dealer and manufacturer dependency is created by not making this document available to public. Why would they share this when they can make you pay for these services?
4. I thought automotive industries were bad with ripping people off. Only the RV industry is worse than general automotive industries.
DDMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:55 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Or.... it could be that there is no standard Newmar schematic. Every Newmar is a custom, to one degree or another. Now, having said that, it seems they could generate an as-built for each coach as it rolls out.
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:00 AM   #6

I emailed Newmar and their first response was that since the coach was under warranty, they would not provide me schematics. I questioned them on that, warranty expires in another 2 months anyway.... they came back and said that for 12v white was ground and that I would need to look at color codes at the fuse box. Again I said that was not sufficient. Then they send a diagram of a coach with a depiction of where the wire runs were. No specifics. Once again I told them that was not what I wanted. The last phone conversation was that they would look for something.... that was a week ago. I'll give them a few more days and then go back to them if nothing shows up.
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:16 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanJH View Post
I emailed Newmar and their first response was that since the coach was under warranty, they would not provide me schematics. I questioned them on that, warranty expires in another 2 months anyway.... they came back and said that for 12v white was ground and that I would need to look at color codes at the fuse box. Again I said that was not sufficient. Then they send a diagram of a coach with a depiction of where the wire runs were. No specifics. Once again I told them that was not what I wanted. The last phone conversation was that they would look for something.... that was a week ago. I'll give them a few more days and then go back to them if nothing shows up.
It's not like the info isn't sitting on a hard drive ready to be burned to a CD/DVD
Old 03-18-2014, 07:24 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
In the links provided above all the leads would have print on them to indicate where they go and come from.
Why would you want to chase a lead through a wiring harness under coach or through walls, I guess its your coach and you can do what you want the color identity and lead print has worked for me in all my Newmars and to follow a lead its never been a problem.
Wiring harnesses will have leads in it that may be for a MA coach as in my KS coach, there are leads for mid coach directional flasher if I ever wanted to wire them up.
You can open the wood panel behind the over head fans and read all the leads here and find their destination and where they came from as when I swapped the bedroom and kitchen speakers to be controlled differently off the Sony radio.
The heavy wiring you see is for your front running lights and other items passing through the area.

Old 03-18-2014, 07:39 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by "007" View Post
In the links provided above all the leads would have print on them to indicate where they go and come from.
Why would you want to chase a lead through a wiring harness under coach or through walls, I guess its your coach and you can do what you want the color identity and lead print has worked for me in all my Newmars and to follow a lead its never been a problem.
Wiring harnesses will have leads in it that may be for a MA coach as in my KS coach, there are leads for mid coach directional flasher if I ever wanted to wire them up.
You can open the wood panel behind the over head fans and read all the leads here and find their destination and where they came from as when I swapped the bedroom and kitchen speakers to be controlled differently of the Sony radio.
The heavy wiring you see is for your front running lights and other items passing through the area.

I think the OP is just looking for the same info you provided in the links (12vdc wiring diagram) but for his 2013 vehicle ... and a 120vac wiring diagram.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:45 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
All the links that can be provided are for reference only, Newmar has never provided one for one info because they may use same wiring harnesses for different coach's.

In older OWNERS GUIDES you would have found wiring and plumbing diagrams but the newer coach's no longer have them in their Owners Guides.
Look to the rear of guide most guides of same period would have the same information for what ever coach it was they are all wired and plumb the same on production line.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:19 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFXG View Post
Or.... it could be that there is no standard Newmar schematic. Every Newmar is a custom, to one degree or another. Now, having said that, it seems they could generate an as-built for each coach as it rolls out.
Not trying to argue, but IMHO that is a extremely poor manufacturing practice with no provisions for future repairs and being custom it is, to me that is another very poor excuse. How the hell do they fix it in their shop when things break on a coach if there is no documentation?

Not impressed. I have modded on a handful of cars in the past, American made cars have very good documentations to reference and fix the vehicles with vs. Japanese and Europeans are usually bad or so I thought, but boy RVs manufacturers just suck at producing good documentation or they are not releasing it.

I strongly believe they are NOT releasing them as I highly doubt how they could possibly communicate between the engineering and the manufacturing without it.

Nontheless, I am not impressed by their response to OP's request.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:57 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
DDMA,If you have a Newmar MADP isn't the wiring in a SILVERLEAF SYSTEM to eliminate all the wiring in coach?
If you find the connections at Newmar let us know maybe we can post for everyone.
You will find Silverleaf and E-PLEX systems diagrams in QT's # 3.
There are also in that link diagrams for dash, sound systems, etc,etc.
And if you need chassis wiring go to the FL forum or the Spartan forum.
Since I have been on the forums I could count on one hand the times all these diagrams were ever needed.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:07 PM   #13

I have a 2003. I am going to need NOT the Freightliner chassis schematic but the Newmar electrical schematic for the mod and repairs I am trying to do.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:22 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
What is the Mod and repair you are trying to do?