Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-06-2007, 09:34 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
On labels in my rig I have the following phrases which are meaningless to me. Called Newmar Customer Service but they say they can't help 'cause rig is "so old". Can any of you tell me what these mean?

DS LIGHT
ODS LIGHT
WRAP LIGHTS
S.S. BLOWER FAN

Also, there is a "Battery" display on the tank monitor/pump panel (even though there is a LCD voltage meter as part of the Battery Control panel right next to it)...what battery? What for?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2007, 09:34 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
On labels in my rig I have the following phrases which are meaningless to me. Called Newmar Customer Service but they say they can't help 'cause rig is "so old". Can any of you tell me what these mean?

DS LIGHT
ODS LIGHT
WRAP LIGHTS
S.S. BLOWER FAN

Also, there is a "Battery" display on the tank monitor/pump panel (even though there is a LCD voltage meter as part of the Battery Control panel right next to it)...what battery? What for?
Old 04-06-2007, 10:10 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

DS is driver side. SS is Streetside (aka Curbside or "PS" passenger side on some brands).

ODS I don't know. I'll take a guess at "Overhead" drivers' side light?

WRAP lights are for the external entertainment center. You use them whenever you play WRAP music. They're tuned to flash whenever the sub-woofer exceeds 83 decibels, which is quite often in WRAP music.

Just kidding on that one.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:19 AM   #4
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
I'm gonna guess,

DS=Door Side

ODS=Off Door Side

Mark, wouldn't streetside and curbside be opposite sides?

We need someone with or had a '94 KS.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:29 PM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
I found out the hard way that "wrap lights" are the lights in your basement storage compartments. Keith

2004 Kountry Star 3706 DP/330 CAT
Bassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:31 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
just a thought but stating the location of the words such as dash or upper right cabinet with the switches and what they are located on such as switches, terminated wires under dash or such might help us with older dp's help figure them out in case no one with your exact model come along..bassman snuck in before I posted but he made me think..could ss blower fan be for the duct into the water/tank compartments? battery on display could be chassis battery and the other if by the shut off switch is probably coach battery..least it is in my rig..
clubmed98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 03:51 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I'll take a guess LED voltage indicator would be for your house batteries,WRAP lights your compartment lights, ODS and DS are your security lights, ODS on drivers side, DS door side, S.S.Blower could it have something to do with your DP or it could be for a fan off your furnace that would be in a tin foil tube in tank compartment that will cycle with furnace to keep you tanks warm.
If none of the security lights work just remove plastic lens to replace bulb.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 03:53 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Bassman how about some KARMA.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:08 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll go try to verify them later today.

Some further info: There is a fuse marked "Security" which I would think would be the so-called security lights (I don't know that I feel much more secure with them on). I do not have a security/alarm system.

The LCD voltage meter that's part of the Battery Control Panel measures either chassis or house battery (via 2 way switch), so the "Battery" display on the tank monitor/pump panel might be a duplicate measurement of one or the other, or something else?

The idea of using "door" side as a location reference seems pretty goofy on a rig with an entry door on each side (main and driver's). But of course just because something is goofy doesn't prohibit doing it <sigh>.

I've tried the "S.S. BLOWER FAN" many times and don't hear or see anything happen. Maybe if you're watching a WWII movie on the TV and a German SS character talks a fan starts?

All the lights, in and out, work fine, although getting some of the dash warning lights to function was a real challenge.

Is there a switch that would have the German SS character from the TV attack anyone who tries to play (W)rap music in my rig?
Old 04-07-2007, 06:21 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Led battery display and battery display leds on monitor panel one of the same.
Some of the newer coaches have three security switches, one for light on main slide one for bedroom slide and one for both lights passenger side.
The blower fan will only come on when furnace is running and will go off when furnace goes off on recycle.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:34 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
In industrial environments, SS is used as an abbreviation for a Start Stop Circuit. Perhaps it is the Stop Start Circuit for the Blower Fan.