Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-03-2009, 04:44 PM   #1

Can anyone help? The emergency Brake light switch on my Newmar Baystar 3202 on a Ford frame fell from where ever it was under the dash board. The problem is that when in motion it stays lit and rings a bell every 2 seconds but I need it on when I try to level the unit. I found that the only thing I can do is pull the switch out of its plug-in while driving and plug it back in when I need to level the unit with the jacks. How could I figure out where it goes. The unit is a 2007 and out of warrantee and I would like to avoid a long trip just for this service.
Denis
D in Davie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2009, 01:17 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Found these discussions in FIND- BRAKE LIGHT SWITCH may or may not help.
I would look under dash for where it might have been mounted, it maybe missing a ground termination where it was mounted.
My brake switch is mounted on chassis frame just above the brake pedal lever. The plunger is riding on the lever and plunger which is threaded can be adjusted when plunger wears.
The switch controls brake lights, cruise control and the electric steps. The switch is part of the chassis installed by Ford chassis mfg.
The emergency brake light switch should be mounted to frame also.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:02 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
The emergency brake switch should be fastened on the park brake pedal assy with a small screw. There is a small pin on the switch that fits into a hole and a threaded hole for the screw. If I remember right there is a quarter round plate with gear teeth on it that contacts the switch to open the circuit.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:57 PM   #4

Thanks Jimary. I see the pin on the switch but cannot see or feel the hole it fits into. The switch also has a shaft that looks like a screw would travel through it to mount it on the brake pedal assembly but it doesn't look like a screw was ever put through it. North trail just opened a store on the east coast of FL and I will see if they can help but I don't think they have a service dept yet. I'm not as nimble as I used to be so I may have to have a service tech look at it. My body and hands just don't want to twist in the direction needed. I also will check out Ford to see if it is still under warrantee. Its a 2007 with 9000 miles. My final approach may be to take out the whole brake assembly. It looks like it is held in place by 4 bolts.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:58 PM   #5

I took my Baystar to Sawgrass Ford and they had it fixed in 15 minutes,no charge. The value of having a Ford Chassis that can be fixed anywhere there is a Ford dealer proved itself to me today. They stated it looked like there was never a screw inserted to hold it in place. Very nice people at that dealer. I did buy a mustang from them in the past but they did not know that when I talked to the service rep. I sure hope Ford makes it through this rough patch in the economy.