Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-13-2022, 02:39 PM   #15

Granted my coach (2012 King Aire) is much older...

On occasion had similar issues that caused the 150 Amp chassis breaker to trip. Suggest turning those off which may also kill the 12 volt mentioned above.

Drink an adult beverage then turn that chassis breaker back on. Mine are located just above chassis batteries at back passenger side.
KenZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2022, 02:50 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgilbard View Post
I undid the large (front) bolt on the generator ram and have now pulled the generator out to gain better access.

Confirmed that there is power at the Large motor solenoids.

Have unplugged the HWH panel and left offline for 10 min.

Metered all the fuses in the bundle of wires around the pump.
All show +13v on both sides of the fuse.
Did a visual as well on each one. Look good.

Going to work through all these other suggestions.

Of course Thank You ALL for responses. Called CoachNet, still waiting for Technician to call back. Have a few hours of sun left.

Thanks
Steve
If you have power to the Large motor solenoids when you push the slide retract button and the motor does not start then you have a bad motor or a bad ground going to the motor. When you press the retract button for a slide do you hear some hydraulic solenoids click?
Old 11-13-2022, 03:22 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
As a side discovery, I suspect there is something wrong with wiring on this coach as I found:
Turning off the inverter
Flipping Salesman switch
Disconnecting from 50A shore power
Turning off all breakers in middle bathroom
Turning off chassis battery disconnect
Turning off generator 50A breaker

And yet... Still have power on the 12V fuse panel in the transfer switch bay....
Searched for another disconnect, no luck.
Something not right....

Actually what you describe sounds right. There's a power cable that goes from the house batteries to the bay where the ATS is located. The cable feeds one side of the house 12V disconnect solenoid. Shutting the power to the house via the "Salesman switch" with cut power to MOST of the 12V circuits but not all of them. There are several cables connected to the input side of 12V disconnect solenoid and they feeds systems such as Silverleaf.
Old 11-13-2022, 03:27 PM   #18
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Confirmed that there is power at the Large motor solenoids.
Did you check both sides of the master solenoid for power to ground when the coach is in "slides ready" condition? On some coaches that's ignition on and parking brake set. The master solenoid is the one on the left side of the pump and is notorious for having burned/corroded contacts and not passing power. That and the 40 amp fuse are common problems.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 03:28 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Bobby,

All fuses in DC bay under drivers door are good.

Steve

Did you check inline fuses that are located at the HWH motor?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1918.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	265.8 KB
ID:	380821
Old 11-13-2022, 03:32 PM   #20
Miles 2 go before I sleep

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy013 View Post
Actually what you describe sounds right. There's a power cable that goes from the house batteries to the bay where the ATS is located. The cable feeds one side of the house 12V disconnect solenoid. Shutting the power to the house via the "Salesman switch" with cut power to MOST of the 12V circuits but not all of them. There are several cables connected to the input side of 12V disconnect solenoid and they feeds systems such as Silverleaf.
Thanks Flyboy - Yep. Figured that out. Did not help but slowly learning the myriad of glued together parts.
2015 Berkshire QL-400 DP
sgilbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 03:39 PM   #21
Miles 2 go before I sleep

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy013 View Post
Did you check inline fuses that are located at the HWH motor?

Attachment 380821
SO... On my coach there are 4 fuses that all dangle down in a bundle on the back side of the pump/motor package. Checked all 4 fuses 1st thing. All good. Just spent another 20 min checking them all again and found a 5th fuse way up high right off the loom above the pump. Good.

So far no joy.

Have manually retracted all 4 jacks and control panel shows 'travel mode' now. This is correct at this point.

No pump operations no mater what I do.

No sound from either solenoid when I jump 13.4V to the control screw, however main feed from rear PDM shows 13.4V.

Sun setting, temps in the 30's now.

Confirmed that hyd fluid tank refilled and is now substantially full with the jacks up. Springs worked at least.....

I guess in the morning I will start the insane process of opening the manual levers on the solenoids for the FSW, lifting the FWS with a wrench and then figure out how to push the side in. other than closing the manual levers on the FWS after it is (hopefully) pushed in, anything else to do to keep it in place while I drive to Transwest in Fredrick Colorado where I have an appointment for A & B service (and now this issue).

2015 Berkshire QL-400 DP
sgilbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 04:14 PM   #22

There is a thread about a ground problem within the motor itself. If the motor is getting power, or you can jump 12v to the motor and it doesn't run, then that's your problem. In short, you can temporarily jump a chassis ground point to the end cap of the motor to get it to run as it should. The permanent fix is detailed in another thread. I'll look for it and link it here if you need it.
BonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 04:16 PM   #23

Here's the link.
BonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 05:06 PM   #24

It is wonderful that nobody told you when you bought Coach Net that they can not always deliver on the weekend. Headed to Colorado for Christmas, between the fuel and the on road service issues, we will make this trip by car. We could not get a generator part anywhere after Ian. Ended up having it shipped. Hope things work out for you
Dieselgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 05:57 PM   #25

On the bottom of the entry step, there is a rubber strip. This is the curb switch. Trace the wires to the connector and unplug the connector and see if everything begins to work at point. There is also one at the front of the step. That is the shin switch. The bottom one shuts down the entire system. The front one, just the steps.
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 06:19 PM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Dowdle View Post
On the bottom of the entry step, there is a rubber strip. This is the curb switch. Trace the wires to the connector and unplug the connector and see if everything begins to work at point. There is also one at the front of the step. That is the shin switch. The bottom one shuts down the entire system. The front one, just the steps.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the switches you are referring to are for coaches with HWH steps and I do not believe the 2020 Mountain Aire has HWH steps.
Old 11-13-2022, 06:21 PM   #27

Yes sir you are correct. I forgot that model has the electric step. Thank you.
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 06:51 PM   #28

When you access the pump there should be a switch covered in black rubber on top of the pump. This is the manual start switch. Pressing it activates the pump manually. One way for extending jacks. You should hear the pump motor kick on. I had a similar issue and engaging that switch allowed normal function again. Also unscrew the HWH panel and disconnect both plugs from the panel and wait 10-15 minutes. Make sure you don’t lose the wires down the inside. Each wire has a different plug. Just make sure you keep them oriented.
PaulTNaples is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh, jacks, pump, slide