Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2018, 06:53 PM   #1

ENTEGRA to NEWMAR CONVERTS

Am considering an upgrade from our '14 Anthem. Looking at NEWMAR and ENTEGRA line ups. Wondering if any NEWMAR owners here are former Entegra owners. If so, which model did you have and which did you trade to? What was the reason(s) you changed brands?
Thanks, GrAndy
SAS30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2018, 08:39 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
This should be interesting.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 08:49 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDi View Post
This should be interesting.

Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:45 PM   #4

We bought a new 14 anthem DEQ. I did my research prior to buying and was watching Entegra evolve as they are a new company. This one was our11th coach and I have always done my own warranty work so not new to this.

After taking delivery I started doing my little modifications I like to do. The more I took things apart the more frustrated I became with the workmanship. Things were great on the surface like floors, cabinets, paint and so on. However the workmanship behind the panels where customers don't see was just horrible. I believe this is why they offer the 2 year warranty as its a numbers game. My thought is the best warranty is the one you never need to use.

We sold it after 3 months and moved to 15 LA and now have a 17MA. Newmars are not perfect but I can say they are light years ahead of Entegra. The sale of Entegra to Thor will hurt the brand.

Oh and the comfort drive is a game changer. Once you have it you will never be without it. Newmar will customize if you choose to do so. They have been great to work with. Good luck with your search.
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 05:15 AM   #5

DW and I purchased a 2013 Entegra Aspire 42DEQ. It was our 3rd coach and we thought that this would be the last coach. WRONG. We went to the Tampa RV show a year later and saw the Newmar Dutchstar. It was like home away from home. It has a much more warm feeling inside than the Entegra coaches and also more choices in floor plans. I also noticed the fit and trim of cabinets to be a step above the Entegra line. I am not saying Entegra is not a good coach but we like our Newmar better.

And the Comfort Drive is a game changer especially while passing or being passed by semi trucks.

Good luck as there sure is a lot of good choices.
Phil_Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:35 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Here are a few other answers to your same question.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:00 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
How do you like the MA vs the LA? Noticeable power difference between the 15L and the 12L?

Thanx....
Fitztrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:14 PM   #8
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
I have not owned an Entegra, but have friends that do. From what I can see, the Newmar fit and finish is a bit better than the equivalent Entegra model. I have not had the opportunity to look below the surface, so cannot judge the workmanship there.

What is truly a "game changer" for us is ComfortDrive. We have it in our 2014 Ventana LE and will have it in the 2018 Mountain Aire we are now ordering. Wouldn't buy a coach without it! The clincher for me came during a drive across western Wyoming in 70 mph crosswinds! There was plenty or rocking and rolling going on, but the coach never wandered from its path and was quite easy to control even during those fierce winds.

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 01:32 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitztrux View Post
How do you like the MA vs the LA? Noticeable power difference between the 15L and the 12L?

Thanx....

Honestly I don't notice much difference at all. With my stacker on the back it pulled one of my local passes at 2 mph difference from my LA and this is a steep grade.
Over all I love the MA because the options are the same or more than my LA. Same chassis, same options, same trans just like 270 ftlbs less torque or so. Mileage is better with the 12l than the 15l not that it matters that much..LOL
Old 01-11-2018, 01:55 PM   #10
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS30 View Post
Am considering an upgrade from our '14 Anthem. Looking at NEWMAR and ENTEGRA line ups. Wondering if any NEWMAR owners here are former Entegra owners. If so, which model did you have and which did you trade to? What was the reason(s) you changed brands?
Thanks, GrAndy
When we found out that Entegra would no longer provide part (a broken ceiling mirror) for our 2014 Cornerstone, decided that that was final straw for us. Put over $15,000 in repairs after warranty was up. Hoping that Dutch Star will hold up better.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:12 PM   #11

If I was the OP, I would post the reverse question on the Entegra forum to see why people may have jumped to Entegra from Newmar. Comparing the responses might give a better view.
cinitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 02:18 PM   #12

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinitall View Post
If I was the OP, I would post the reverse question on the Entegra forum to see why people may have jumped to Entegra from Newmar. Comparing the responses might give a better view.
Capital Idea Gov'ner!
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 02:38 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
If we find anyone that left Newmar for Entegra we’ll hunt them down. [emoji102][emoji48]

Dilly Dilly [emoji481]
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 05:34 PM   #14

Lots of changes at entegra since Thor took over and it doesn't seem like they are good. If I were a betting man I think the entegra currently will be very different in a few years

Tags
entegra, newmar