Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2019, 04:54 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Eplex missing module address 245 system error!

HELP! Any eplex experts out there? Just arrived at Gulf shores, went to start the AC and the screen said: Modules found 17 of 18; missing module address 245; system error. I downloaded the eplex troubleshooting guide and going through it.

Tried all the basic trouble shooting. Removed the power several times, no Joy. Anyone else had this fault?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2019, 05:20 PM   #2

American Coach Owners Club
There is a way to do a system reset. I wrote it down several years ago and will try to find it. I installed a Dometic thermostat in place of the eplex system as others have done. I think you can go into the tips section here for Eplex and will explain much better than I can. You can always call Newmar and they will also help with the reset.
Old 04-08-2019, 06:06 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Been down this road before. Have you lost all the other Eplex functions?

Dave O
Old 04-08-2019, 06:09 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave.O View Post
Been down this road before. Have you lost all the other Eplex functions?

Dave O

Yes Dave O, although is says found 17 of 18 with one address missing..... no function except the reset basic options.
Old 04-08-2019, 06:11 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORTRIDER View Post
There is a way to do a system reset. I wrote it down several years ago and will try to find it. I installed a Dometic thermostat in place of the eplex system as others have done. I think you can go into the tips section here for Eplex and will explain much better than I can. You can always call Newmar and they will also help with the reset.

Thanks! All help much appreciated! I’ll give Newmar a buzz in the morning.
Old 04-09-2019, 03:37 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Agree at this point that Newmar will be your best bet to see if you can get reset. If it does not work out, there are several of us that feel your pain and have had to go to plan B.

Understand at this point AC is critical. There is a quick work around to get that going where all the AC's can work off a thermostat (Duo Therm Comfort Control) for now as a single zone and at a later date you can separate. Newmar customer service should be able to walk you through it.

Thanks

Dave
Old 04-22-2019, 07:44 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Here is a status report in case others are having trouble with their eplex system or who have any thoughts for me. Newmar passes technical questions to Nauti-Tech who provides free step by step by email assistance. Phone assistance is $3.00 per minute... very expensive in a troubleshooting process. (E-Plex@Nauti-Tech.com; (1)888-415-6214). I am now at a point of not having power to the clock, Newmar is supposed to call this morning to assist tracking 12v power. This is the email sent to prep the Newmar technician:

“Thanks, appreciate the 12v troubleshooting on the phone, here is some basic information for your expert and the Monday morning call.
I started with the following screen one module 245 missing. With the help of Nauti-Tech, we Isolated it to bus #3 by unplugging the busses one at a time. Now with only buss #3 unplugged, there were 8 modules missing - addresses: 30; 50; 105; 129; 145; 245; 331; 435 and 245 - 361SIM (magnum inverter). I unplugged these in sequence one at a time until reaching 245. When I unplugged 245 module everything came back on line which was great. After a couple of minutes the clock, bedroom 435-345LCDL (5.7 LCD display) and the tank bay display went blank and the water pump was off line. As recommend, I ordered and installed 245... the new module had no impact. I assume this is because it has not been programmed by the clock and with a blank clock screen I cannot proceed.

See pic 2, the tech said I was not getting power to the clock (red wire). Multimeter shows no voltage when connecting the red wire and one of the grounds in the pic. There was also no output to the busses. I checked and replaced both the 20 amp and 7.5 amp fuses in the 1/2 bath compartment (both were good). I also changed the batteries in clock and LCD. The Tech also said to move the red wire to the 1 or 2 position... neither had an impact.

So it appears we went from one bad module (see pic #1) to no power coming to the clock and other monitors. One anomaly, the bedroom LCD stays on (frozen screen) even with the battery in the stow position. When I removed all the wires from the clock... it went off? This doesn’t make sense since the battery stow/use switch cuts the entire eplex system off.” IRV2 is awesome! Will keep all posted as I try to sort out the troubleshooting of the eplex system.
Joe

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0701.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	171.4 KB
ID:	243122
Old 04-23-2019, 03:27 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Any ole Joe View Post
Here is a status report in case others are having trouble with their eplex system or who have any thoughts for me. Newmar passes technical questions to Nauti-Tech who provides free step by step by email assistance. Phone assistance is $3.00 per minute... very expensive in a troubleshooting process. (E-Plex@Nauti-Tech.com; (1)888-415-6214). I am now at a point of not having power to the clock, Newmar is supposed to call this morning to assist tracking 12v power. This is the email sent to prep the Newmar technician:

“Thanks, appreciate the 12v troubleshooting on the phone, here is some basic information for your expert and the Monday morning call.
I started with the following screen one module 245 missing. With the help of Nauti-Tech, we Isolated it to bus #3 by unplugging the busses one at a time. Now with only buss #3 unplugged, there were 8 modules missing - addresses: 30; 50; 105; 129; 145; 245; 331; 435 and 245 - 361SIM (magnum inverter). I unplugged these in sequence one at a time until reaching 245. When I unplugged 245 module everything came back on line which was great. After a couple of minutes the clock, bedroom 435-345LCDL (5.7 LCD display) and the tank bay display went blank and the water pump was off line. As recommend, I ordered and installed 245... the new module had no impact. I assume this is because it has not been programmed by the clock and with a blank clock screen I cannot proceed.

See pic 2, the tech said I was not getting power to the clock (red wire). Multimeter shows no voltage when connecting the red wire and one of the grounds in the pic. There was also no output to the busses. I checked and replaced both the 20 amp and 7.5 amp fuses in the 1/2 bath compartment (both were good). I also changed the batteries in clock and LCD. The Tech also said to move the red wire to the 1 or 2 position... neither had an impact.

So it appears we went from one bad module (see pic #1) to no power coming to the clock and other monitors. One anomaly, the bedroom LCD stays on (frozen screen) even with the battery in the stow position. When I removed all the wires from the clock... it went off? This doesn’t make sense since the battery stow/use switch cuts the entire eplex system off.” IRV2 is awesome! Will keep all posted as I try to sort out the troubleshooting of the eplex system.
Joe

Attachment 243122

Final update: FIXED IT!!!!!!!!! Received The actual eplex wiring diagram from Newmar. The E-plex fuses are located in the back of the shore power cord compartment.* There are two inline fuses and a 24v step up converter installed. Newmar used the step up converter only the first year and realized wasn’t required. I bypassed and removed the converter. Two fuses were good, but there was a 12v panel the red wire connected to with a 5amp fuse.. it was blown. Power returned to the system.

Once on line, the clock needs to reprogram the modules. Easy process: hold down the tank button until the programming mode appears. The instructions say to use the “program all” option. It did not show up, but I was able to “reprogram one at at time” 3 of the addresses 10, 50 and 245. After this, the programming page showed 18 of 18 modules found, no errors. Yes! Bottom line, if you have issues it is a step by step process, use E-PLEX Support‪ E-Plex@Nauti-Tech.com ‬for programming and parts. Newmar is the key for 12v power to the system. Cheers!
Old 04-23-2019, 04:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Final update: FIXED IT!!!!!!!!! Received The actual eplex wiring diagram from Newmar. The E-plex fuses are located in the back of the shore power cord compartment.* There are two inline fuses and a 24v step up converter installed. Newmar used the step up converter only the first year and realized wasn’t required. I bypassed and removed the converter. Two fuses were good, but there was a 12v panel the red wire connected to with a 5amp fuse.. it was blown. Power returned to the system.

Once on line, the clock needs to reprogram the modules. Easy process: hold down the tank button until the programming mode appears. The instructions say to use the “program all” option. It did not show up, but I was able to “reprogram one at at time” 3 of the addresses 10, 50 and 245. After this, the programming page showed 18 of 18 modules found, no errors. Yes! Bottom line, if you have issues it is a step by step process, use E-PLEX Support‪ E-Plex@Nauti-Tech.com ‬for programming and parts. Newmar is the key for 12v power to the system. Cheers!

Are the e-plex fuses labeled?
Old 04-23-2019, 04:52 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
The eplex fuses are not labeled but are the only in line fuses in the area. All the fuses on the small panel are labeled, so easy to pick them out.
Old 04-23-2019, 05:27 PM   #11

Quote:
The eplex fuses are not labeled but are the only in line fuses in the area. All the fuses on the small panel are labeled, so easy to pick them out.
Can you please provide photo of the fuse location? I too am having eplex issues.... I have a 2007 Essex.
KiteSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 09:48 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
I will get a pic tomorrow, the coach is in storage. The E-plex fuses are located in the back of the shore power cord compartment (where your 50amp cord is stored). Mine has a fake panel directly behind the cord coil with Velcro strips... just pull it towards you. There are two inline fuses. A 15 amp and a 7.5 going into the 24v booster (small black box with labels). If those fuses are good, trace the red wire backwards goes to a 12v panel with a 5 amp fuse. That is the one that blows first.
Old 04-23-2019, 09:48 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club

Name:	IMG_0771.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	263.1 KB
ID:	243353
Old 04-23-2019, 09:49 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club

Name:	IMG_0772.jpg
Views:	79