Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-31-2021, 01:50 PM   #1

Equalizer System

I have a 2020 Ventana which is equipped with an Equalizer Leveling System. My 2015 Ventana had HWH jacks. The new coach system instructions say to level the coach with the engine running or the switch in the "on" position. When i lower the coach with the engine running i do not believe the coach deflates before the jacks contact the ground which leaves the coach higher from the ground than my 2015. Am i dreaming or have others experienced the same issue?

Tom Trimble
Trimble T is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2021, 07:10 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimble T View Post
I have a 2020 Ventana which is equipped with an Equalizer Leveling System. My 2015 Ventana had HWH jacks. The new coach system instructions say to level the coach with the engine running or the switch in the "on" position. When i lower the coach with the engine running i do not believe the coach deflates before the jacks contact the ground which leaves the coach higher from the ground than my 2015. Am i dreaming or have others experienced the same issue?

Tom Trimble
I know my '21 Ventana immediately dumps the air bags when I hit auto-level. Is yours not doing that? You don't here the air release? If you level manually, you can hit auto-level and then immediately cancel it by pressing it again. Air bags still dump.
tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 07:35 AM   #3

Quote:

Tom Trimble
Agree. We have a 2020 Ventana. I never really liked the auto level feature. It always seemed too high. Current method is syncing the equalizer system to your phone. Once connected, on my phone I hit auto level, then hit auto level again. Then I go outside and wait till all the air is out. Takes about a minute or two. Once the coach is dropped all the way down, I manually level the coach. We like it much better this way, and rarely need to use a step, unless the site is sloped from rear to front.
I do all this with the key in acc, or on, engine off. I sometimes get a low voltage warning, but that is due to having the dash air in the on position. Turning it off solves that problem.
Old 09-01-2021, 10:15 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSuper View Post
Agree. We have a 2020 Ventana. I never really liked the auto level feature. It always seemed too high. Current method is syncing the equalizer system to your phone. Once connected, on my phone I hit auto level, then hit auto level again. Then I go outside and wait till all the air is out. Takes about a minute or two. Once the coach is dropped all the way down, I manually level the coach. We like it much better this way, and rarely need to use a step, unless the site is sloped from rear to front.
I do all this with the key in acc, or on, engine off. I sometimes get a low voltage warning, but that is due to having the dash air in the on position. Turning it off solves that problem.
I have the bluetooth module that I haven't installed. This reminds me I need to.

I've still been auto leveling, but I hit autolevel, then hit it again to cancel. Wait a couple minutes, retract the jacks and then hit auto level again.

Are you just manually leveling by site or how are you doing it?
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 01:31 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
I don't seem to have any issues with my 2020 Ventana. Once I hit Auto Level, the bags dump and the jacks start to go down. By the time they actually hit the ground, the bags are fully dumped. However, I keep a level in the cabinet above the couch and use it to fine tune as its frequently off by a little bit.
Old 09-01-2021, 03:32 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
I have the bluetooth module that I haven't installed. This reminds me I need to.

I've still been auto leveling, but I hit autolevel, then hit it again to cancel. Wait a couple minutes, retract the jacks and then hit auto level again.

Are you just manually leveling by site or how are you doing it?
I just manually level it by eye, then use a level on the floor to check it
Old 09-02-2021, 03:05 AM   #7

equalizer system

I auto level now. Am using the method of starting the process then stopping the jacks, then wait until the air is out. Then retract and hit auto level again. Shouldn’t have to do this.
Trimble T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 09:10 AM   #8

Quote:
I auto level now. Am using the method of starting the process then stopping the jacks, then wait until the air is out. Then retract and hit auto level again. Shouldn’t have to do this.
What I do, and agreed.

For a while, I was hitting auto level, cancelling, waiting and then manually leveling, which I do think lets you be a little lower when level.

I was using levelmate and my phone, but battery life sucks if you don't constantly remember to manually turn it off, so got sick of going to level only to find the batteries dead.
Old 09-12-2021, 09:32 PM   #9

I gave up on auto level. My coach was never leveled right. Reset it a number of times with no good results so I manual level. I also use levelmate but the new software shuts it off after a couple on mins. My back up is a level and the bathroom door. If it does not swing open or close its level.
Old 09-12-2021, 10:57 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanslam View Post
I gave up on auto level. My coach was never leveled right. Reset it a number of times with no good results so I manual level. I also use levelmate but the new software shuts it off after a couple on mins. My back up is a level and the bathroom door. If it does not swing open or close its level.
Did you have to get the new hardware model, or software update for original version?