Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2021, 07:39 PM   #1

Error Codes on a New Thermostat

I have a similar issue. I replaced my Tstat with an exact replica of the one that was on before but I keep getting the code EE. Which means thereís no communication between the unit and the tstat. Iím a new owner of an okd machine. But itís beautiful. Any advice before I send this into the shop? I legitimately donít even know how to turn this stuff on yet. Sorry for my ignorance. Itís a 1998 Dutchstar Spartan 300 Cummings Pusher
JONAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2021, 11:49 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONAS View Post
I have a similar issue. I replaced my Tstat with an exact replica of the one that was on before but I keep getting the code EE. Which means thereís no communication between the unit and the tstat. Iím a new owner of an okd machine. But itís beautiful. Any advice before I send this into the shop? I legitimately donít even know how to turn this stuff on yet. Sorry for my ignorance. Itís a 1998 Dutchstar Spartan 300 Cummings Pusher
Jonas ; Welcome to iRV2 , and the vintage Newmar family.
Our ( your 98 and my 99 ) Dutchstar Pushers , would have come originally with a four button , Duo-Therm CCC , ( Comfort Control Center ) the thermostat is obsolete and if not working must be repaired . Duo-Therm makes a CCC2 that looks identical but has 5 buttons and won't communicate with the front air conditioner control board ; that is the master control board for the system..
Now there is the possibility that a previous owner had the thermostat and the control board on the air conditioner replaced , but until we're sure that you replaced with the exact same unit as the one removed we can't really proceed to diagnose .
BTW: I have the 1998 Duo-Therm owners manual and there is no mention of error codes , and in 10 years I've never seen any come up. So I'm thinking there could be issues with a non matching part.
What was the problem with the original ?
Old 05-06-2021, 09:34 AM   #3

Jonas ; when I posted last night I referred to the 5 button thermostat as a CCC2 , that was incorrect .
The 4 button ( original to our coaches ) and the 5 button look the same except for the 5th button , but do not interchange; without changing the control board in the roof air unit.
So we do need to figure out , if a previous owner has had roof air conditioner work done that would require the system be upgraded to the five button unit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dometic-3109228001-Duo-Therm-5-Button-Comfort-Control-Center.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	327406  
Attached Images

Old 05-06-2021, 03:08 PM   #4

Still waiting on confirmation of your thermostat's number of buttons , but found some info if both the thermostats are identical , and the five button model .

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f54/ee-co...er-196307.html

And these pfds one on the four button and one on the five button model .
Old 05-07-2021, 05:03 AM   #5

Oof

Well, I was upgrading and old one was falling off and busted. So, in my infinite wisdom, LOL, I decided to get a new one. And youíre right, I did get an upgraded version of the same thing. That would certainly do it. Now the question is, where can I get one that is compatible?
JONAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 08:26 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONAS View Post
Well, I was upgrading and old one was falling off and busted. So, in my infinite wisdom, LOL, I decided to get a new one. And youíre right, I did get an upgraded version of the same thing. That would certainly do it. Now the question is, where can I get one that is compatible?
Ok , there are older threads , that mention a person that rebuilds the 4 button t'stat. But he may not still be around or have complete units .

A search on the used market maybe the only solution. I'll see what's out there.
Old 05-07-2021, 12:00 PM   #7

OK , every search , I do directs me to Canadian sites

Because you've already purchased the 5 button ( and it's probably not returnable ) maybe purchasing the correct control board for the front roof air conditioner , to use the 5 button would be the route to go .

I'll see if any of the threads on the subject have the circuit board part number .

A number of listings online with both , the t'stat and board.