Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2018, 01:18 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Essex 2005-basement climate control

Good afternoon all,
Anyone have any information on climate controls for air conditioning and heating controls for the basement on 2005 Essex?
Worked well all season until about a week ago.
Sal
airconsal is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2018, 01:26 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by airconsal View Post
Good afternoon all,
Anyone have any information on climate controls for air conditioning and heating controls for the basement on 2005 Essex?
Worked well all season until about a week ago.
Sal

I don't think I understand your question ... what controls are you referring to? Can you elaborate on what you are trying to accomplish?
Old 05-18-2018, 03:58 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
More information for ESSEX OWNERS.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 07:41 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Basement Air conditioning

I guess is there a divertor or thermostat for the basement.i noticed there is a black box in the wet bay by the water pump. Is that what controls heat and ac?
Sal
airconsal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 08:08 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by airconsal View Post
I guess is there a divertor or thermostat for the basement.i noticed there is a black box in the wet bay by the water pump. Is that what controls heat and ac?
Sal

I guess I'm still not understanding. Our 2005 Essex has NO air conditioning going into the basement. It does have a HydroHot radiator behind the panel housing the tank drain handles. That radiator provides heat to the tank compartments (if needed). Generally, our inverter is warm enough that it heats that area (as a byproduct of the battery charger running) and the HydroHot unit adds heat when producing hot water (the hot water tank is hot via the HydroHot electric element being switched on (labeled "110V Element" near the thermostat). In other words, I don't usually require additional heat near the basement tanks.
Assuming you still have the older 5-button Dometic CCC thermostat (vertically rectangular in shape), all of your cabin heat and cooling is controlled at that thermostat. I am all electric so I don't have a furnace ... heat is via HydroHot radiators or rooftop heatpumps.

If you can be more specific about what you are trying to accomplish I may be able to help. Post some pictures of anything you need help with.
Old 05-19-2018, 08:38 AM   #6

Definitely no AC in the basement, but there is a heating register near the tanks. There is a black box near the water pump that allows us to set the temperature to allow hot water to circulate in that register.
That thermostat only adjusts up to 45 degrees or so. That it worked until last week could be caused by warmer temps.
Old 05-19-2018, 09:19 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
You have a heat radiator or register if you call it that, with a theorist to control for 45* in winter months.
This link will show you pictures of set up.
You need this link also for important information.

Brochure --- Owners Guide
All links below in my signature have answers for your Newmar.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 11:39 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by azSkier View Post
Definitely no AC in the basement, but there is a heating register near the tanks. There is a black box near the water pump that allows us to set the temperature to allow hot water to circulate in that register.
That thermostat only adjusts up to 45 degrees or so. That it worked until last week could be caused by warmer temps.

I ruled that out because the OP's Essex (apparently) is in Port St. Lucie, Fl. I probably should have asked if that is the current location .... hasn't been below 45 in PSL for a long time (I was there all winter)
Old 05-19-2018, 01:01 PM   #9

I was up on my roof a few weeks ago sweeping snow off my slide toppers. Basement heat was on my mind.
Old 05-19-2018, 02:22 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by azSkier View Post
I was up on my roof a few weeks ago sweeping snow off my slide toppers. Basement heat was on my mind.

GASP !!

I swept some pollen off the roof last month