Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-20-2023, 01:19 PM   #1

Excessive Under Cabinet Heat

I am looking for reason excessive heat coming from under kitchen sink cabinet in 2021 Dutch Star 4369.
Shotgun 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2023, 01:36 PM   #2

Isn't that where the dishwasher is located?
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 02:56 PM   #3

Most of the time when this is experienced, the bypass switch on the silver Oasis control box was left on by the dealer. When in bypass, fluid is circulated through the coach heat registers.
Old 03-20-2023, 04:57 PM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Yes.....make sure this switch is off. The box is on the right wall of the Oasis bay on the driver's side.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Oasis.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	388538
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 11:29 PM   #5

Oasis problems

I didn’t have hot water and turned the bypass switch on not knowing any better and got hot water and had excessive heat under the kitchen sink. When I turned the bypass off the excessive heat under the sink went away but I didn’t have hot water. When I turned on the bypass I got hot water again. I’ve read the oasis info from Newgle but still don’t know how to fix it. What is the fix?
Old 03-21-2023, 04:23 AM   #6

You have a bad summer loop pump,need to replace the pump. Not a hard job,something done quite often. The reason you get excessive heat when the switch is in bypass is that it overrides the thermostats and runs the heat loop pumps all the time which will get you hot water but excessive heat. BTW, there are three pumps and all the same.
Old 03-21-2023, 05:02 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
I also get a lot of heat under the sink cabinet, and my bypass switch is off. I think it may not be as abnormal as some portray it. My basement gets plenty warm in the summer months.
USMCRET is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 05:37 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCRET View Post
I also get a lot of heat under the sink cabinet, and my bypass switch is off. I think it may not be as abnormal as some portray it. My basement gets plenty warm in the summer months.
You can reach into the kitchen cabinet far enough to put your hand on the copper pipe going to the heat register. If the pipes are hot, you either have the bypass switch on, or a stuck loop 1 valve in the distribution module. I have the stuck loop 1 valve problem. Every time I use the furnace the loop 1 valve sticks open. I have to crawl into the bay and give it a light tap, problem solved. When I get ready to replace the Oasis fluid in a few years, I will pull the distribution module and replace the valve. It’s not a problem that occurs often, so no hurry.
ThunderRidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 12:07 PM   #9
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Here is a great photo of the summer loop pump's location another poster took. ITR, the manufacturer of the Oasis unit, can sell you a pump, or many are using an aftermarket pump at half the price.

If you search Oasis summer loop pump, you'll find a LOT of posts about it and how to replace one. Not hard, just in an awkward spot. You have to crawl into the 3/4 bay on the passenger side, remove a false wall (several square head screws) and then the cover to the Oasis.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/oas...-439243-3.html

https://www.ussolarpumps.com/catalog...culating-pump/

Name:	52061941260_4da0f0ab54_c.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	180.3 KB
ID:	388581
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 10:41 PM   #10

Summer Pump

When I had the distribution module open the other pumps ran as expected but the summer pump started for a few seconds then quit.
It would be nice if I could take a meter reading on the power leads to confirm the pump motor is the problem.
Thanks for the advice on the summer pump, just trying to get them to answer the phone so I can order a new pump.
Old 03-22-2023, 06:45 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgun 20 View Post
When I had the distribution module open the other pumps ran as expected but the summer pump started for a few seconds then quit.
It would be nice if I could take a meter reading on the power leads to confirm the pump motor is the problem.
Thanks for the advice on the summer pump, just trying to get them to answer the phone so I can order a new pump.
You seem to be trying to explain two different problems. You originally stated that you had excessive heat under the kitchen cabinet, and your bypass switch was not on. I told you to reach under the cabinet and feel the copper pipe going to the heat exchanger. If it’s hot then, you either do have the bypass switch on, or your domestic hot outlet loop one check valve is stuck open. The summer loop pump is powerful enough to push hot water through a stuck loop valve. This situation has nothing to do with a failure of the summer loop pump. You crawl in the bay and lightly tap on the valve, wait about a half an hour then the copper pipe should be cool to the touch.

The other issue you speak of is you can feel the loop 1 & 2 pumps running normal, but it doesn’t seem like that for the summer loop pump. If your loop 1& 2 pumps are running then you either have the Oasis system in the furnace mode, and the furnace is running or you are using hot water or the system is coming to temperature, or you have the bypass switch on. Use a mirror to look at your bypass switch, and make sure it is toggled to the off position.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	B2AF4953-6554-44CB-A71C-65E2C7B0B870.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	348.9 KB
ID:	388637  
Old 03-24-2023, 08:59 PM   #12

When we took delivery in 2018 it was hot under the kitchen sink as the bypass switch was left in the on position when it left the factory. We have since had the summer loop pump fail twice, the second time just recently. Instead of turning the bypass switch on to get hot water, we turn on the rear furnace to get hot water in the morning for showers. Saves going outside to turn the bypass switch on and then again to turn it off.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 07:16 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Timely

This is a timely read as we have had the same issue. I assumed it was normal due to the electronics in the bay under the kitchen. I just checked and ours was on so I turned it off.

What I may have missed in all of the posts here is when the switch is supposed to be on or off. Is it supposed to be off all of the time?
Old 03-26-2023, 06:43 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Slow 90 View Post
This is a timely read as we have had the same issue. I assumed it was normal due to the electronics in the bay under the kitchen. I just checked and ours was on so I turned it off.

What I may have missed in all of the posts here is when the switch is supposed to be on or off. Is it supposed to be off all of the time?
The switch is supposed to be off. It is used for the initial filling of the system, or if changing out a pump and you need to purge the system. It can be used on an if needed basis if the summer loop pump fails. You would turn the boost switch on when you needed hot water. It is not meant to be left on, as the pumps run continuously.