Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-22-2010, 05:20 PM   #1

Extended Warranty Help Needed National Warranty??

A friend of mine has just purchased a used Essex from a Florida dealer. They are offering a 50k mile 5 year warranty for an additional fee. The warranty company is National Warranty of Florida. Has anybody had experience with this company? Any information would be appreciated as he must advise the dealer whether he wants it or not.

Peter
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2010, 08:55 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Peter, there's some interesting reading on Denver's BBB site. Looks like they got into the business by acquiring Prizm (Prizm Administrative Solutions/Prizm Group).

Not sure how good they are, but having followed max49's issues I'm not sure I'd get an extended warranty even for an Essex.

One thing to ask for - is the policy exclusionary, i.e. lists things they do not cover. My understanding from reading other posts on iRV2.com is you should get this type, not the type that only lists things it covers.

Stewart
Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:14 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Peter,
I have an extended warranty by the company mentioned in your post. I have had 3 claims. All were paid before I left the dealership/Newmar factory! As long as everyone follows the process stated in the contract, I have been impressed with their service.

Two of the claims were handled by the Newmar factory service department. Newmar was also impressed with their responsiveness to the technician and the speed of payment.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:44 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Hello Peter;

I have the company that your mentioned. We have used it three times and followed the rules to the letter. Two times with positive results and one negative. The negative one involved the failure of the Bosch brakes on our Workhorse motor home. They denied the claim an I ended up paying 2 grand. The brakes are under recall now. On the positive side, they paid for repairing my HWH jacks and the big one; they paid to install a new Allison transmission after the original one failed. The tranny was actually a retran, but that's ok. So, all in all, we're happy with Florida National.

Our contract is expiring and I'm looking at other plans, including Good Sam ESP.

Bob
CoastieSCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 06:42 PM   #5
a k

Newmar Owners Club
How much is the additional fee? When I bought mine they threw an Eazycare 2 year in for free.
a k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 11:47 AM   #6

Thanks Guys, I had sent the information to my friend for his elvaluation. I also have highly recommending getting on here and becoming a member,

Thanks Again,
Peter