RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-19-2017, 07:12 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Factory Delivery- What to expect

We're scheduled for a factory pickup of our new DS 4369 March 20-25. Would appreciate any feedback or insight into the schedule for the week from those of you have experienced the factory delivery. Wlll we need to be there at a certain time the first day? Will the following days start at 6 AM as they do with factory service appointments?

tyoneonit is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2017, 10:56 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
You have paid the team for 5 days. They are working for you. You are the boss for a week. If you want to get up at noon, that's what happens. You paid them good money so use their time and yours to your best advantage. Get fixed the things you want fixed and have them teach you what you want most to learn. The week will go by faster than you think.

BBelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 11:11 PM   #3

You will receive instructions from Newmar regarding your delivery specifics. Your first day is at your schedule so arrive at your discretion. After your first day it's bright and early for the rest of the week. Request a later start time if you wish. Make the most of your time by putting the coach through its paces ,take notes / video of your tech instructions. There is a huge amount of info and you are going to be in a fog by weeks end! Take a long check ride and take note of anything that does not seem right. Your tech is there to make sure you are completely satisfied with your purchase and the coach functions as it should. I can tell you that after a year and a half, our coach has been trouble free and a joy to own.
Congratulations on your new coach and enjoy your week!
srrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 09:38 AM   #4
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
You can get there at 6AM or noon but be aware, the techs day is done at 2:30PM regardless. If you want to get the most out of your experience you'll want to get an early start each day.
2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 09:57 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
I assume there is some paperwork needed to be done at Newmar on the 1st day of pick up other than the paperwork that I do with my dealer prior to FPU.
If there is any Newmar paperwork, can it be done in advance of day 1?
Maybe the Friday before if I am there?
StuartS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 10:13 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Our tech had all the warranty registration cards pulled out of the "Black Bag" and set out on the dinette. We filled them out or registered online that evening. Things like Air Conditioners, Refridgerator, Microwave, Sony components, Washer/Dryer, etc.... They let you board, alone, to snap some photos and take it all in. After that...you can go systematically thru the coach, inside and out to see how everything works. Then a road trial...followed by fueling, and a trip to the scales to get weighed. Workout your tire pressures...fix little odds and ends...and you're on your way when you're ready.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:38 AM   #7
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartS View Post
I assume there is some paperwork needed to be done at Newmar on the 1st day of pick up ...?
There will be some paperwork, mostly warranty related, before your first use. We didn't take the coach out of the delivery area until Wednesday, that's when he had us sign the delivery papers.
2017 GMC Acadia toad
Old 02-21-2017, 07:42 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
We didn't take the coach out of the delivery area until Wednesday
Is the "Delivery Area" your parking spot at Camp Newmar?
StuartS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 08:32 PM   #9

You will be directed to a service building where your initial delivery process will start. You will be given time to look over and just enjoy your new coach. After that your tech will begin going over systems and operation. Prior to they're quitting time they will move your coach to the lot and hook up your power. Successive mornings will begin at your site.
srrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 12:11 PM   #10
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartS View Post
Is the "Delivery Area" your parking spot at Camp Newmar?
It stayed in building 42 until Wednesday afternoon. It was picked up from the campground early the next couple of days.
2017 GMC Acadia toad
Old 02-22-2017, 12:19 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Statgeek Send a message via MSN to Statgeek Send a message via Yahoo to Statgeek
In addition to what the other Newmar owners above have told you, if you post details about your new RV here, there's one more thing you can expect... Lots of envious friends in the iRV community peeking at your posts! Enjoy that beautiful new rig! If I were in your shoes, I'd be jumping right out of them!!
Statgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 01:27 PM   #12

In my opinion taking Factory Delivery is one of the best decisions one can make. I know there are many dealers that provide excellent PDIs but based on my experience with our coach and actually seeing the Newmar techs going through another coach prior to the owner arriving for their Factory Delivery, to me its just impossible for a dealer to do the job the Newmar techs do. I was amazed how many things were checked, removed and replaced by the Newmar techs during their review process. I don't believe any dealer would have or could have done what I witnessed.

I would also recommend new owners have a checklist prior to arriving for their delivery based on the specific options selected. The assigned techs do an excellent job of going through the coach but without a checklist things can be overlooked or forgotten. Our tech was super patient while we went through a very disciplined process following our checklist. For newbees like us, it was like drinking from a fire hose.....but fun.

Allen
wam16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 04:48 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statgeek View Post
In addition to what the other Newmar owners above have told you, if you post details about your new RV here, there's one more thing you can expect... Lots of envious friends in the iRV community peeking at your posts! Enjoy that beautiful new rig! If I were in your shoes, I'd be jumping right out of them!!
Thanks everyone for the feedback. Will post pics and comments about the experience.

tyoneonit is offline   Reply With Quote