RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2012, 08:56 AM   #1

Factory installed options on used coach ?

We are looking at a slightly used 2012 Newmar. We like it, but there are a few options that I would like added that I think would be best done by Newmar. Does Newmar allow you to bring a coach back to the factory to have additional factory options added ?? Thanks !

PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2012, 12:07 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanJH View Post
We are looking at a slightly used 2012 Newmar. We like it, but there are a few options that I would like added that I think would be best done by Newmar. Does Newmar allow you to bring a coach back to the factory to have additional factory options added ?? Thanks !
I'd be very surprised if they wouldn't agree to that but it might be costly. I think many factory options are just that because it's much cheaper to do them while the coach is under construction rather than finished.

michelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:11 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Yes, Newmar can add some things but not all as it's just too much work in some cases. Adding a Hydro-Hot after the fact is almost impossible for instance.
They also have a special "winter rate" on labor charges that you might be able to get.
What are you wanting to add?
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:21 PM   #4

Gulf Streamers Club
What options are you talking about? Much experience available on here to give information on whether you should go to the factory or have a qualified person install what you want.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:37 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We just had Newmar add a washer/dryer to our 2012 DSDP. Thinking we wouldn't use it, we ordered our coach without the Washer/Dryer, now we don't know how we could have gotten along without it.

Mike
2012 Jeep Liberty Limited
MJFZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
What options are you talking about? Much experience available on here to give information on whether you should go to the factory or have a qualified person install what you want.
What I was thinking about adding is the external enertainment center in the slideout wall, sideview cameras and replacing the queen mattress with a king.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:46 PM   #7

Gulf Streamers Club
The cameras and the Entertainment system might be already wire prepped. Check with Newmar. If the wires are present, just about any Audio/electronics shop could install the cameras and entertainment center. The upsized bed? That might require rebuilding the base, I'm not sure.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:51 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
The cameras and the Entertainment system might be already wire prepped. Check with Newmar. If the wires are present, just about any Audio/electronics shop could install the cameras and entertainment center. The upsized bed? That might require rebuilding the base, I'm not sure.
That's what I thought on the bed....the original owner had the queen installed as an option so my thought is they rip out the base and put in the standard King base which should be readily available since that is the standard size

With the entertainment center, they would need to cut/install a door in the slideout ... that's how it's setup if you order that option. The alternative is to put it in a bay
Old 10-03-2012, 06:40 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Call Phil Stiley at Newmar and ask him. Phil is the service scheduler. While at Newmar I saw them installing a rear window in a Canyon Star for a customer. If you can get them the coach over the winter, they give a nice price break on labor.

Mike
2012 Jeep Liberty Limited
MJFZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:31 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
I'm sure they could easily add those however I also suspect you could get local shops to do it for a whole lot cheaper. The bed might actually be a bit bigger job - depending on your floorplan, they'll probably have to redo the side drawers. The entertainment system, if you want it in the wall rather than in a bay, I'd probably want Newmar to do though as that's probably a more destructive job than I'd want a local shop to do.
michelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:37 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJFZ View Post
Call Phil Stiley at Newmar and ask him. Phil is the service scheduler. While at Newmar I saw them installing a rear window in a Canyon Star for a customer. If you can get them the coach over the winter, they give a nice price break on labor.

Mike
Mike,
Do you have a # for Phil ?