Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2013, 10:11 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
We'll be at Camp Newmar for delivery next week. They were right on the money with the build time they quoted. Now if we can somehow manage to wangle decent weather for our time at Napanee ...

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
2023 Winnebago View 24D Bay Mist II
What a Hoot!
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2013, 11:01 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Can't wait to read your pdi report!
redbaron73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:18 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Deek:

I see that you are getting your coach today...congrats! I am very interested if your tightly planned delivery is low stress as I too have booked a Wednesday appointment at HWH 300 miles away. Planning in two full days, including having about 2 hours of service work done.

It would be nice to know what fit finish items are being "fixed", as those would be ones that I would look for. I am sure that whatever they had to fix on Steve's won't be a problem for you and a month later none of those should be a problem for me I hear that the newmar guys are constantly reporting back to the production line any problems found to fix them on subsequent coaches.

Look forward to your report.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:07 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I just got a call from Carl @ Newmar. My delivery that was scheduled for Monday has been put on hold, not sure for how long. He said that the coach has an engine oil leak, and had to be sent to Cummins.

I have already purchased 4 plane tickets to be there Sunday.

Of course, I am very glad that it is being fixed BEFORE I take delivery. I am sure that the extra inspections done as part of the factory delivery are actually paying off, so I really don't know how to "feel" about this delay.

Has anyone had experience with a factory delivery being changed so close to the scheduled date? Not sure what I should expect from Newmar, but I would think at minimum the reimbursement of the change fees? Am I off here?
Old 03-04-2013, 07:57 PM   #19

[QUOTE=redbaron73;1484317]I just got a call from Carl @ Newmar. My delivery that was scheduled for Monday has been put on hold, /QUOTE]

Sorry to hear about the delay.

Hope it all works out OK in the end.

Ma Snart
Ma Snart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:55 AM   #20

That sucks, but at least you know it'll will be done right.

Have called back and talked to Newmar about your tickets yet?
Old 03-05-2013, 07:26 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I spoke with Newmar again this afternoon, and they expect the coach to be returned from Cummins tomorrow. The repair was done, but they did not have the details yet as to what the repair involved. I expect that once the coach is returned they will have complete information.

At that time they are going to have the PDI team review the coach, and then let me know how long a delay is going to be involved. If it is just a couple of days, then I can easily just keep the schedule and spend a few days in Chicago..I hear they need help digging!

Since it is unknown how long a delay we are talking about, I have not made any requests other than for information.

After my experience with the dealer in Houston, I am very thankful that Newmar was professional enough to call me as soon as the problem occurred. It is obvious they care about the customer. I actually feel like I shouldn't even ask for a 'credit' for the tickets, because I do not want to discourage them from providing this level of service.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:57 AM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I learned a lesson. Patience.

Carl called today and let me know that there is no delay, Monday will be the day as originally scheduled.

The leak appears to be from the overflow tube (slobber tube?). There was a bit too much oil in the unit. Cummins did a complete check and all is well.

So the take away is - I need to be more patient, and allow time for people that know what they are doing to do so.

I am just not used to actual receiving good customer service, and being treated the way I would treat my customers.

I repeat this again...Newmar customer service is great, and I am very glad that I chose factory delivery.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:51 PM   #23

That's great news!!!

Can't wait to hear how HWH thing works.

The wife and were just talking about it the other day.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:53 PM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I think that schedule is what had me worried the most. Tightly scheduled as is, although HWH seems to be very accommodating as well.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:38 AM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post
I learned a lesson. Patience.

Carl called today and let me know that there is no delay, Monday will be the day as originally scheduled.
All right ... your "back in the saddle" again!!

Keep us posted.

Steve
FLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:44 PM   #26

Sorry to hear about your temporary anxiety, but glad the plan is back on track. I spoke to Michelle today. I let her know we'll be down there next week for plant tour #2, and that we'd like to sit down with her for a little while to go over colors and options. It looks like we'll miss you by a couple days. We plan to be there on Thursday. Hoping and praying all goes well with your delivery, and you have a safe salt free drive home!

Dale
NHSO (Newmar Hoot, Sevierville Original)
dpeterso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:02 PM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Well all has worked out good so far. DW and I are boarding a plane now to head to Chicago. Our toad is being delivered to the airport within the hour so should be waiting on us.

Can't believe the wait is finally coming to an end!
Old 03-13-2013, 12:01 PM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quick update: factory delivery was everything I expected, and had read about from other owners.

Deek was so detailed there is little worth adding. I can confirm that we truly felt like Newmar cared. My DW doesn't read this forum so didn't know what to expect. I purposely told her little just to get an unbiased opinion. Her only complaint was the 6am start, so on day 2 we made it a 7 am start.

We left newmar on Tuesday and are currently in Moscow, IA at the HWH factory.

Overnight we discovered that the topper on the FWS is billowing to the point of maxing out. I ran the slide in to prevent that and contacted newmar this morning. They made an appointment for me to go to a dealer nearby that will be able to adjust it. Just awesome customer service.

The outside temps got to 18 and the back of the coach stayed toasty at 68. Could not get the front as warm, not sure if this is a problem. Newmar wants me to have a tech look at the aquahot. The basement with the slide out refer got down to 24. Is this normal?

I am going to be leaving the coach at HWH and flying home as they need 5-7 days to work on it with the engineering. The owner wants to meet with me to discuss some ideas he has, so I will post more once I get details.

I absolutely love the coach!