Giving serious consideration to ordering a Newmar Bay Star 3124 within the next couple of months with a factory pickup. I know it is an entry level coach and it will be my first one. (Sold the boat). Hoping some of you could answer a few questions *if I can get them in one post) or refer me to someone AT NEWMAR who could answer them. Thanks so much
Without all the hoopla that can sometimes be expressed in these posts, can anyone direct me (here or by way of private message) to the specs for the 2018 Bay Star 3124 entry level coach and/or their experiences with one? Someone was kind enough to post the 2018 build sheet so I am familiar with that information. Specifically I am wondering about the following and whether they be add ons or even possible to order on a new 3124 Newmar coach:
1. Ground clearance and what is the lowest point?
2. Are the tanks (fresh, black and grey in heated bays? If not, what is the amp draw on the heating pad(s)?
3. Is the roof, walls, front and end caps all fiberglass?
4. Dual pane windows means what...how much space between the panes, does it include the door? Speaking of doors, can you get a drivers' side door, saw one on youtube
5. Is there, and specifically what type, of installation is in the slideouts? (upgradeable?)
6. Will they do four (4) 6v batteries on a slide out WITHOUT Residential REF AND with a 3 way RV refrigerator?
7. The upgrades R-19 insulation is it in the floor and the roof and on each slide roof?
8. Will Newmar tell you what the CCC is after you "choose the options" you want or are they like Fleetwood who says you have to "order it first" and have it built BEFORE they can tell you the CCC?
9. What is this bunk bed from a couch thing? Any pictures of how that works?
10. Can you get the drop down fold down bed over the cab area?
11. What kind of springs, shocks, front and rear sway/stabilizer bars come with it? Upgrades?
12. Will they install a CB and the antenna?
13. Will they pre-wire for cell and wi-fi boosters, from the roof antenna to the box above the door or wherever?
14. Will they combine the black and grey tanks with each other with one drain for you? (Getting composting toilet)
15. Will they install vent covers on the fans (what kind) and do they have auto temp sensors (have 2 dogs)
16. Will they pre-wire with 4 gauge from the combiner box on the roof to where a "solar charger" would go near, same place as the batteries?
17. Can they pre-wire ALL the A/C circuits (not just tv and ref) so that they can be connected to and powered by a 3000 inverter/3 stage battery charger?
18. Are there pictures of the different dinettes, desk/table options? I presume on the 2018 build there may be OHC as well per the build sheet.
19. Do they come with an auto gen transfer switch for when you plug in vs gen AND do they have an automatic generator start switch so when batts get low or you want to run the A/c when the temperature gets to a certain point the gen automatically starts?
20. Does the entrance door have dead bolts and can you use a clicker to open and lock it?
21. Is there an outside TV option, will the bedroom TV be able to use the free channel antenna on the roof?
22. Can you get an oven?
23. What kind of water heater (gals) and is it propane and electric?
24. What are the bays made out of...rotocast or something better?
25. Are there any pictures or space estimate or layout of the roof to figure out the number of solar panels that can go up there (looking for 600ish watts) and their placement
26. What brand and size tires come with it? upgradable?
I know there is a lot of information being requested here but whatever knowledge and experience(s) you may have to any of the questions being asked would really be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time and input