Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2017, 09:53 AM   #1

Final MA 4533 options questions

We are finally set on our 2018 MA 4533 order... just a couple of questions.

We are going to be full time and have followed the conversations about storage slides. Originally we were leaning towards 2 full power slides but now looking at 2 passenger side 3/4 slides and no slides on driver side for better storage options. Thoughts?

Also what are people's thoughts on the Trip Travel information being displayed on review monitor options? Expensive/ necessary?

Thank you in advance! Delivery in February!

Cheers!

Sean
Redbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2017, 10:19 AM   #2

I'm considering a slide on our new to us Ventana.
I've come to a similar conclusion...PS 3/4 slide seems more flexible than the full W slide.
I'm planning on some light bulky items on the DS... like chairs that won't need frequent access and should be EZ to access / stow.
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 10:22 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Last year I had the full slide through and a 3/4. This year I went with two 3/4 slides. Much better.
I have no clue about the Trip Travel, that must be a MA option.
BBelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 10:56 AM   #4

Sean,

Congratulations on your impending Mountain Aire; it's a great coach!

I found the Freightliner SL chassis on my Mountain Aire significantly taller than the XCR chassis on my previous Dutch Star. That being said, I chose manual slide out trays for both my full pass-thru compartments. The power slide out trays sit higher than the manual trays, thus a loss in height between the platform of the tray and the chassis rails above. With the manual trays and the SL chassis, I am able to place rather tall/deep storage containers on the tray that will clear the frame rails. I also fabricated shelves that allow additional storage above the frame rails.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1272.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	295.6 KB
ID:	180028   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1274.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	239.5 KB
ID:	180029  

Name:	IMG_1275.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	258.1 KB
ID:	180030   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1273.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	292.7 KB
ID:	180031  

jigsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 12:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigsup View Post
Sean,

Congratulations on your impending Mountain Aire; it's a great coach!

I found the Freightliner SL chassis on my Mountain Aire significantly taller than the XCR chassis on my previous Dutch Star. That being said, I chose manual slide out trays for both my full pass-thru compartments. The power slide out trays sit higher than the manual trays, thus a loss in height between the platform of the tray and the chassis rails above. With the manual trays and the SL chassis, I am able to place rather tall/deep storage containers on the tray that will clear the frame rails. I also fabricated shelves that allow additional storage above the frame rails.
Thank you! We are VERY excited! We ordered ours with the Spartan. Is your manual slide you have pulled out a full slide or partial? Nice idea with the shelving. Did you get the Trip info option? I'm assuming it's little more than a repeater for the dash information? Perhaps just more convenient?

Appreciate the pictures!
Old 10-16-2017, 01:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbelly View Post
Thank you! We are VERY excited! We ordered ours with the Spartan. Is your manual slide you have pulled out a full slide or partial? Nice idea with the shelving. Did you get the Trip info option? I'm assuming it's little more than a repeater for the dash information? Perhaps just more convenient?

Appreciate the pictures!
For the two pass-thru compartments, I chose the full length slide out trays. As the name infers, the tray can be accessed and pulled out from either side.

For the last compartment on the passenger side (f/o the drive axle, I elected to go with no tray at all. I can easily reach in, making a slide out tray unnecessary. I store larger, light-weight items in this compartment, i.e., bbq grill, folding chairs, etc.

I also elected no tray for the forward-most passenger side compartment. This is the compartment traditionally selected for the outside Dometic refrigerator/freezer. I, however, installed the RoadWave pressure washer and a water deionization cylinder.

The "Trip Info" option was not available in the 2015 model year. I am currently utilize SilverLeaf VMSpc. It pulls information directly from the chassis diagnostic port. I will soon be upgrading to SilverLeaf Glass Dash, currently available in the King Aire.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0889.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	308.9 KB
ID:	180041   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1239.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	278.1 KB
ID:	180042  

Name:	IMG_1262.jpeg
Views:	68
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	180043  
jigsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 04:45 PM   #7

Very interesting! Love the PW! We have to have the additional freezer space for our dogs food! Think they eat better than us! Thank you for all the feedback. Opted out of the trip info on the backup screen... may have been convenient but I'll adjust. Will likely go with the 3/4 draws knowing if it becomes an issue I can always install the pass through ones later.

Cheers!
Old 10-16-2017, 10:52 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbelly View Post
We are finally set on our 2018 MA 4533 order... just a couple of questions.

We are going to be full time and have followed the conversations about storage slides. Originally we were leaning towards 2 full power slides but now looking at 2 passenger side 3/4 slides and no slides on driver side for better storage options. Thoughts?

Also what are people's thoughts on the Trip Travel information being displayed on review monitor options? Expensive/ necessary?

Thank you in advance! Delivery in February!

Cheers!

Sean
Sean,

We got the Trip Travel option on our coach. It has a ton of information when on the screen, but you can clear it. The nice thing is you can control the Silver Leaf from the drivers seat while going down the road. So you can start the generator if needed for A/C units all without getting up or having passenger get up. Also much easier for viewing whats happening in the House side or more importantly the Chassis side while traveling. I like it but then again its still really new and I haven't studied it thoroughly enough to give a full review, but what I've done so far I like it. Brad
Hmf23 is offline   Reply With Quote