Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-23-2020, 05:50 PM   #1

Finally

After walking through near 100 motorhomes from Bounder to Prevost, New and used, RV Trader, Motorhome finders, Bus Stuff, and every dealer from here (Vermont) to Arizona and Oregon I finally decided on a new 2021 Dutch Star 4369. I know, I know it'll depreciate and I will be the one dealing with the Break in issues and now may not be the best time to buy but I do believe it's a great MH and a good as any deal.

My wife and I have researched every manufacturerer and I hope every option on every floor plan. I feel as if I know more about most motorhomes than most salespeople. I'm so glad the search is over though I always somehow knew it would be a Newmar.

Also The coach was bought at NIRVC in Las Vegas and with not feeling good about traveling out there right now due to Covid they. have agreed to store it inside at their facility until we feel better about the flight out there. I hope to see some of you on the road and hope all of you are well and if not traveling now are getting ready to pack it up.
Hambones is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2020, 06:53 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Congratulations!
I don’t know where you live but I’d be on my way to that beautiful coach!
Old 11-23-2020, 09:36 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
My last MH was a Dutch Star. We loved it. I'm sure you are going to love yours as well. Make sure to spend some time there before you drive off. It will make it much easier to get little things fixed at the dealer where you buy it.

Welcome to the Newmar family.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 09:38 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
I would get my toad ready to tow and throw the tow bar in the back and head out. I hate traveling when the coach is my only means of transportation.
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 10:25 AM   #5

Congratulations & welcome to the Newmar family I started with a 1999 Dutch Star also & they are a great coach for the money- $112K back then- last 2 have been Mountain Aire's. I agree- have your toad set up for towing, throw in the tow bar & head out there to pick up your beautiful new coach!

Happy Trails
Capt. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 11:58 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I agree with the other posters about configuring your towed and driving out. Not sure what the warranty situation is, but you can’t check it out from afar.

- Richard
RandDescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 12:02 PM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We've ordered two DSDP's and probably should have gotten a third rather than upgrading to a used Country Coach. Hopefully the Newmar quality is still there for new buyers.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 01:09 PM   #8

How exciting. Congrats. Post Pics when you get them.
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 06:32 PM   #9

Thank you. I sure will. Please stay tuned
Old 11-24-2020, 06:37 PM   #10

Well there is no way I'll get my wife in a plane or a hotel right now. I would go in a heart beat and the towed is being set up right now.
Old 11-24-2020, 07:06 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
I am so happy for you and your wife. What a great feeling you must have.

I am one of those that could not stand waiting and would drive through wind, rain, and snow to get to the new home. Might I suggest a couple blankets, coffee tin, short candle, and get your rear end on the road, LOL.

Can't wait to see pics of the new beauty. Congrats
brandss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 07:30 PM   #12

Country Coach Owners Club
I understand the relief when you find your coach!

Congratulations on your new MH. We too have just purchased ours. I researched a lot as well but I was partial to Country Coaches once I settled on used coaches. I'm sure your MH is stunning and hard to second guess your choice as everyone has unique needs.
f360racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 11:42 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambones View Post
After walking through near 100 motorhomes from Bounder to Prevost, New and used, RV Trader, Motorhome finders, Bus Stuff, and every dealer from here (Vermont) to Arizona and Oregon I finally decided on a new 2021 Dutch Star 4369. I know, I know it'll depreciate and I will be the one dealing with the Break in issues and now may not be the best time to buy but I do believe it's a great MH and a good as any deal.

My wife and I have researched every manufacturerer and I hope every option on every floor plan. I feel as if I know more about most motorhomes than most salespeople. I'm so glad the search is over though I always somehow knew it would be a Newmar.

Also The coach was bought at NIRVC in Las Vegas and with not feeling good about traveling out there right now due to Covid they. have agreed to store it inside at their facility until we feel better about the flight out there. I hope to see some of you on the road and hope all of you are well and if not traveling now are getting ready to pack it up.
I, like you, searched for 3 years looking at used and new, before I was ready and in the end I purchased NEW leftover 2019 Ventana 4369 from Independence RV in Wintergarden FL. and could not be happier with my purchase.

Getting 112,000 off sticker price was nice.

They all have problems some minor some major, so just accept it deal with getting them fixed and keep your chin up.

Other than a few minor issues all has been well with mine.
Old 11-26-2020, 02:02 AM   #14

Yes, We will be driving out. Had to get the wife on the same page but it only makes sense.