Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-01-2021, 09:01 PM   #1

Smile Finally Got Her (2021 Ventana 3412) Home!

Great experience so far with a few questions and comments.

First off, thanks to all those that posted about the loose slide motor bolts. I checked ours as soon as we got home, and the bolts were all fairly loose on the 2 bedroom slides. The larger living area slides with the 9/16" bolts were nice and tight.

Second, we were thrilled to get 9.4MPG on the way from Los Angeles to Oakdale, CA!

Questions:
I see Freightliner's recommended storage procedure for 30+ days. What do you recommend for 1-2 weeks at a time? No levelers but aired down? Do you "cheat" the air by hitting "auto level" and then aborting, or is there an easier way?

The Whirlpool French door refrigerator does not seal well. The right hand door does not seem to have any pressure or "spring load" to keep it tight. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

That's my beautiful wife in the picture and Mike from Tom Lindstrom RV doing his best to hide...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ventana.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	362.2 KB
ID:	338094   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ventana 2.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	297.3 KB
ID:	338095  

tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2021, 12:42 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato View Post
Great experience so far with a few questions and comments.

First off, thanks to all those that posted about the loose slide motor bolts. I checked ours as soon as we got home, and the bolts were all fairly loose on the 2 bedroom slides. The larger living area slides with the 9/16" bolts were nice and tight.

Second, we were thrilled to get 9.4MPG on the way from Los Angeles to Oakdale, CA!

Questions:

I see Freightliner's recommended storage procedure for 30+ days. What do you recommend for 1-2 weeks at a time? No levelers but aired down? Do you "cheat" the air by hitting "auto level" and then aborting, or is there an easier way?

The Whirlpool French door refrigerator does not seal well. The right hand door does not seem to have any pressure or "spring load" to keep it tight. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

That's my beautiful wife in the picture and Mike from Tom Lindstrom RV doing his best to hide...

Tom and his team are awesome, I placed my order for a new 2022 DS4369 with Tom back in May. It will be my second rig from Tom and he will be selling my current rig after I pick up the new one.

On my Whirlpool refer, the right door is only held closed by the left door. I havenít had any problems keeping it plenty cool inside. My home refer is the same. As for storage, on the DS, I park and then just dump the air using the manual dump button on the jack console. Not sure on the Ventana!
tqqest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 01:10 AM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Congrats on the new coach!

If you just leave the coach parked, it will air down by itself in a few days. Mine drops down after about three days.

Don't know what to say about the refer, other than check around the seal for any tape or obstructions. If you have power where you have it parked, just leave the refer on.

Lastly......that mug in the photo, is Scotty. Mike is the tech.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 03:43 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Congrats Devil Dog. That smile on your bride’s face is priceless.
USMCRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 07:17 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Congrats on the new coach!

If you just leave the coach parked, it will air down by itself in a few days. Mine drops down after about three days.

Don't know what to say about the refer, other than check around the seal for any tape or obstructions. If you have power where you have it parked, just leave the refer on.

Lastly......that mug in the photo, is Scotty. Mike is the tech.
Thanks, Don! They had a lot of great things to say about you as well. Not sure why I said it was Mike! Scott would take that as an insult Too tired and excited last night maybe.
Old 08-02-2021, 07:20 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCRET View Post
Congrats Devil Dog. That smile on your brideís face is priceless.
Thanks, Leatherneck! I agree on the smile. Funny story. We had a deposit on the unit and all of the details worked out weeks ago. Up until we arrived at Tom's, and even on the way down, she kept saying "we are going to look at a MH..." I would say "we are going to pick up our MH." She couldn't stop smiling or hide her excitement from the second she stepped inside! That's when it became "ours."
Old 08-02-2021, 08:17 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Congrats on your new coach.
Tom and his team are the best and from what I remember when we took delivery of our coach, is that Scotty hates having his picture taken and tried to hide very time my wife tried. He's a great guy and does a very informative walk thru.
Enjoy.
MikeyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 10:30 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Nice rig tomato, congrats on the purchase! We really like the interior of the Ventanas. We like the more clean and modern look/lines of the woodwork in the Vetana with fewer ridges and edges that collect all the dust!

Donít be afraid to give Mike a call with any of your questions, he is an amazing resource.

Scotty is a real character, Dutch Star Don stopped by while we were picking up our rig. He and Scotty were pretty funny guys when they are together! We really enjoyed meeting them both and had a great experience.

Enjoy!
Old 08-02-2021, 10:40 AM   #9

Congrats!!!!! Beautiful Coach
AZRVR17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 10:42 AM   #10
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Scotty is in the donut protection program.....he doesn't like to be photographed!
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 12:35 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Old 08-02-2021, 05:38 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
That's funny Don.
He also does a terrible job of hiding or blending in with the furniture.
MikeyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 05:40 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyG View Post
That's funny Don.
He also does a terrible job of hiding or blending in with the furniture.
No, that's not Scott. That's the new/replacement piece of the dinette that held up my delivery!
Old 08-03-2021, 09:36 AM   #14

When I store mine, I don't like letting the air bags air down and the bag bumpers resting on the rubber in the bags. I always auto-level mine and get it on the jacks and off of the bag stops so the rubber in the deflated bags do not "see" the weight of the coach.
ScotS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent, ventana