Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2018, 04:12 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
FINALLY!! Picking up our 2019 Dutch Star 4369!!!

After posting this to an old thread I posted some months ago and some additional thought, I wanted to start a new thread so that it would provide all on this forum the best chance of receiving the thanks you all deserve and the final results of all of your help, comments and suggestions. Thank you all!!

First let me apologize for the long period of absence from this site. Since my last post, we have sold and helped re-locate our company, I have undergone multiple hospital stays, procedures and surgeries, including a three level spinal fusion, completely reorganized our lives and finances, moved our last son out, (his choice), re- vamped our two acre yard, bought and sold several vehicle, built and ordered our coach in May, and prepared for our upcoming trip. Not an easy thing after only knowing a daily work schedule of some 40 years. But, we made it!
Now after almost 5 years of research, months of planning, many changes, and a couple of false starts, we are finally scheduled to pick up our new 2019 Dutch star 4369. This is our first coach and we could not be more excited!!!
We will be arriving at Newmar on October 8th, (which just coincidently is my 62nd birthday) at 8:30 in the morning to meet with Phil Stilley. He will then be introducing us to our tech, Stuart, to proceed with our customer pickup experience.
My wife Alison and I, will be at Newmar from October 8th through October 12. If any of you are going to be at Camp Newmar during this same period of time, Alison and I would love to meet, and have happy hour with you!! Please let us know if you will be there!.
Thank you so much to all of you that offered you’re input and suggestions. They we’re all absolutely invaluable in creating the coach of our dreams!!! I cannot overstate this!! I want to say to all on this forum, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts!!!!!!!
The long wait actually paid off! After getting hung up on the Sound Bar audio system in 2018. (Yes, I did delay the order after running up against a production deadline after getting a modification approved, but opted to wait a few more months for the '19" rather than take delivery of the "18" at the end of the final production run for that model year).
As it turns out it was a great decision and we were able to get more coach, since many of the "Specials we had originally opted for on the "18" were made standard on the "19". We were also able to get the "19" for only $2,000.00 more with many new features which became "standard", such as the Digital Dash, Plank flooring, higher grade Ultra leather, Induction phone chargers, ect. The options we chose were the Spartan K2 Chassis with "Safe Haul", Sea Pearl interior, Bermuda Glazed Hardwood, heated tile floors, all electric, with extra 4 AGM batteries w/ induction cooktop, and 2800 watt inverter. Also the central vac, washer/dryer,exterior entertainment center, Sirius Radio, 43" TV in front overhead, open face satellite for Direct TV, Xite dash radio w/ 6" Rand Mc Nally Nav., Dual Flexsteel Recliners, Euro Booth w/ extra leaves and removable table leg and folding chairs, heated driver/passenger seats, recessed docking lights, Solar prep w/ two 6 gauge wires run to the battery compartment, Stainless baggage door trim kit, pass thru storage tray, additional 3/4 tray, MCD power shades w/remote, safe,
shoe storage, hot water line to Gen. compartment, Sanicon system, Girad Pkg.- 2 Nova side awnings,slide-out covers, entrance door and power window awnings, and Custom exterior paint.
For "Specials" we omitted the appliance garage in kitchen ILO, the 60"x12" window from the New Aire, put outlets in recliner overhead cabinets to accomodate surround speakers, a single sliding drawer under kitchen sink, EXDP-4534 bedroom ILO std., NADP knobs and pulls throughout ILO std., NADP Vanity lights in mid and rear bath ILO std., EXDP kitchen faucet ILO std., Large single window behind recliners, EXDP mid bath faucet in rear bath ILO std., 2014 style Lav W/undermount sink ILO std., LADP rear bath faucet in mid bath ILO std., NADP light fixtures and wall sconces throughout ILO std., NADP style towel rings,TP holder towel bars, and robe hooks throughout ILO std.,NADP style shower head and fixtures in rear bath ILO std., and the Wi Fi Ranger Sky Pro Elite. Whew! Many thanks again for all of you comments, suggestions and help!!! We could not have done this without your kind and indispensable support!!!! Thank you all!! I only hope I can pay it forward as you have all done here! Happy trails and safe travels to you all!!
Kim "Kimbo" and Alison

Finally, I don't know if this is the appropriate place for this but I just wanted to give SPECIAL THANKS to our dealer Tom Lindstrom of Moorpark, CA, for his phenomenal help, incredible integrity (even when it cost him money), and his wonderful staff. They were and are TRULY a pleasure to deal with and I now consider Tom a friend and look forward to many years of a fruitful relationship both personally and professionally. He is a rare breed in this day and age! I recommend him without any reservation to anyone looking for great customer service and very competitive pricing!
I would also like to extend my warmest thanks to Ashley Pursifull and Michelle Howard of Newmar for going above and beyond!
Kim and Alison Thomas

Link to original thread: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/fina...-362620-7.html
WeDigBig is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2018, 04:44 PM   #2

Hi,

I posted some questions on your original thread. If you have a few minutes that would be great and any pictures, hold be wow! Thanks
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 04:53 PM   #3

Congrats! I know it's exciting to get into a new coach!
lostinfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 05:43 PM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
We also bought from Tom and will be there Monday morning the 8th to watch our new DS go down the line. We'll try and find you....will you be there with a California plated toad....what type?

I'll PM you with my phone number, you can text me your site number. If we get a chance we'll come by.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 07:10 PM   #5

In for the pics!!!! Did you do custom colors?
kpecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 08:34 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck53 View Post
Hi,

I posted some questions on your original thread. If you have a few minutes that would be great and any pictures, hold be wow! Thanks
We will definitely post some pics when we have some worth sharing. It may take us a few days after the CPU to catch our breath and post them though. I understand the CPU is like drinking through a fire hose for five days!
Old 09-29-2018, 08:35 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
We also bought from Tom and will be there Monday morning the 8th to watch our new DS go down the line. We'll try and find you....will you be there with a California plated toad....what type?

I'll PM you with my phone number, you can text me your site number. If we get a chance we'll come by.
Will do!! Thanks!!!
Old 09-29-2018, 08:39 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpecks View Post
In for the pics!!!! Did you do custom colors?
We did! They are actually somewhat close to the original, but we "borrowed" them from a KADP we saw, and the colors change dramatically depending on the angle you are looking from. I liken it to a Chameleon! VERY cool!
Old 09-30-2018, 08:54 PM   #9

Wow! How good do you have to be to get a new coach on your birthday?? Anyway, congrats on the coach.
Ernie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 09:58 PM   #10

Congrats on your new beautiful coach -sure sounds like you did your homework.

Be careful and enjoy your ride - great post thanks

Mike
Idleup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 08:25 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie. View Post
Wow! How good do you have to be to get a new coach on your birthday?? Anyway, congrats on the coach.
Haha! Right!!?? Just lucky I guess!
Thank you!!!
Old 10-02-2018, 08:27 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idleup View Post
Congrats on your new beautiful coach -sure sounds like you did your homework.

Be careful and enjoy your ride - great post thanks

Mike
Thank you Mike!!!
Old 10-21-2018, 06:32 PM   #13

Well any news or info on your pickup? Did you safely make it back home? Hope all is well!
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dutch star