Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2021, 05:43 PM   #15
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawten5 View Post
Maybe a piano hinge. Do they get hot?
No.....just the blower opening at the top.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2021, 10:35 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryancasey View Post
Thanks for all the replies about the fireplace. We might take a trip to Napanee factory and see what they say and where it could go.

Try just emailing customer service first before you drive all the way there. Thatís how we did it..... they sent back CAD drawings of what it would look like, and we approved it by email..... we arrived months later for our appointment and it was installed.

We have an appointment in November for maintenance and we booked in March! I heard they are booking December 2021 or even later now!
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 05:51 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasdad1 View Post
Try just emailing customer service first before you drive all the way there. Thatís how we did it..... they sent back CAD drawings of what it would look like, and we approved it by email..... we arrived months later for our appointment and it was installed.
+1 to this, they should easily be able to take out your passenger side couch and build a cabinet w/fireplace.
arein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 09:18 AM   #18

After purchasing our 2015 we went back to Nappanee & had them remove the passenger love seat in favor of a fireplace. We wanted a FP AND wanted more aisle room when slides are closed. They did a beautiful job & it wasn't that expensive. Before & after pics below.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-Newmar-Dutch-Star-4366-Diesel-Pusher-G14210-6230.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	325543   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSDP mod image 1.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	278.1 KB
ID:	325544  

Name:	DSDP mod image 2.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	308.3 KB
ID:	325545   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSDP mod image 3.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	329.3 KB
ID:	325546  

twojayhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 10:47 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Answering a question for a poster by showing a picture below.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	COUCH OPEN.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	323.0 KB
ID:	325551  
Dutchstar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 11:28 AM   #20

Two Jay. I love that layout. Not very common it seems. Don't know if you have the recliners opposite but I need the couch with queen air mattress. Could anyone comment on how comfortable the queen air mattress is for two adults?
outlawten5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 02:45 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawten5 View Post
Two Jay. I love that layout. Not very common it seems. Don't know if you have the recliners opposite but I need the couch with queen air mattress. Could anyone comment on how comfortable the queen air mattress is for two adults?
The queen air mattress is very comfortable according to many guests that have spent the night on it. We also use air mattresses at home when all the kids and grandchildren are there.
Just a suggestion. You donít really have to have the sofa with the air mattress. You can have whatever furniture layout you desire. You can just buy a queen air mattress and put it on the floor when itís time for bed. We leave ours made up and just carry it sheets and all and lay it on the bed in the bedroom. When the grandkids come we throw inflatable therma-rest mattresses down on the floor and they sleep on them with their sleeping bags and pillows.
Absolutely, do not turn on the floor heat when you have any of these rubber backed products down on the tile. One of my grandkids turned on the floor heat when the therma-rests were on the tile and, the floor became so hot you couldnít walk on it with bare feet.
ThunderRidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 11:36 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by twojayhawks View Post
After purchasing our 2015 we went back to Nappanee & had them remove the passenger love seat in favor of a fireplace. We wanted a FP AND wanted more aisle room when slides are closed. They did a beautiful job & it wasn't that expensive. Before & after pics below.
That looks awesome. That's what we want to do. We don't need a sleeper sofa, but really want a fireplace. How much does "not that expensive" hurt? I wonder if I could order the coach without the sofa. Or better yet, they install the fireplace during the build. Does Newmar do that sort of thing?
Old 05-06-2021, 05:28 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Yung2 Quit View Post
That looks awesome. That's what we want to do. We don't need a sleeper sofa, but really want a fireplace. How much does "not that expensive" hurt? I wonder if I could order the coach without the sofa. Or better yet, they install the fireplace during the build. Does Newmar do that sort of thing?
If you order a new coach, you can request a fireplace instead of the sofa as a special. Then it will be built and installed from the factory.
arein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 11:35 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Yung2 Quit View Post
That looks awesome. That's what we want to do. We don't need a sleeper sofa, but really want a fireplace. How much does "not that expensive" hurt?

For us, removing the sofa and having Newmar build and install a cabinet with the fireplace cost about $5300

They matched the woodwork and countertop exactly.....hard to tell that the coach wasnít originally built with it.
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 11:59 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by arein View Post
If you order a new coach, you can request a fireplace instead of the sofa as a special. Then it will be built and installed from the factory.
We're considering a Kountry Star 3709 or 3717. One has a fireplace, the other doesn't. Just trying to figure out if that radius shower is big enough. We're going to see one in person tomorrow.

Tags
ace, fire, fireplace, replace