Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2006, 07:07 PM   #1

I bought a "New To Us" 2003 Kountry Star 3301 today with 21,000 miles on her. We did the PDI today and the Dealer (Demartini in Sacramento) is so good to work with they agreed to fix ALLthe little things we found wrong. (So I don't pick-up the unit til next Friday.) Being a used unit they don't have to do anything. Anyway we found things wrong such as the drivers seat lumbar don't work, fridge latch missing, windshield wipers need to be replaced, latch on sewer hose storage was to short, a tear in the paneling, vent cover crooked. What I am saying is that we have never had such a great experience at buying anything be it a car, truck, etc. than we had at Demartini. OK enough about them......

My question is does Newmar give a "Owners Manual" with new coaches? What I got with mine is a case that has all the manuals about the plumbing, electrical, appliances, inverter, etc.. What I am looking for is a "Owners Manuel" that tells the features of the Kountry Star and the options that come with it...

I know I need to contact Newmar and Workhorse and let them know that I am the "New" Owner
LeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2006, 07:07 PM   #2

I bought a "New To Us" 2003 Kountry Star 3301 today with 21,000 miles on her. We did the PDI today and the Dealer (Demartini in Sacramento) is so good to work with they agreed to fix ALLthe little things we found wrong. (So I don't pick-up the unit til next Friday.) Being a used unit they don't have to do anything. Anyway we found things wrong such as the drivers seat lumbar don't work, fridge latch missing, windshield wipers need to be replaced, latch on sewer hose storage was to short, a tear in the paneling, vent cover crooked. What I am saying is that we have never had such a great experience at buying anything be it a car, truck, etc. than we had at Demartini. OK enough about them......

My question is does Newmar give a "Owners Manual" with new coaches? What I got with mine is a case that has all the manuals about the plumbing, electrical, appliances, inverter, etc.. What I am looking for is a "Owners Manuel" that tells the features of the Kountry Star and the options that come with it...

I know I need to contact Newmar and Workhorse and let them know that I am the "New" Owner
Old 01-29-2006, 07:21 AM   #3

They do provide manuals when purchased new. If you call Newmar and request one they may send it.

Take care.

2004 Newmar Kountry Star 3560
RobAndTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 08:42 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
LeeB;

Newmar Owners Manuals are generally just descriptive and refer you to the equipment OEM manual in your "box". In truth I would like to see a more compreshensive overall owners manual also. Newmar will send one if they have any in stock, with a 2003 you may be in luck.

Oh, welcome to the group, you'll find many very knowlegeable folks who will be glad to assist you with any questions you may have.

Charlie
Old 01-29-2006, 01:58 PM   #5

My 03 Scottsdale came with a three ring binder divided into sections explaining many operating functions, maintenance items such as cleaning and waxing, wiring diagrams and plumbing diagrams and also a list of vendors and their numbers for assistance and the model and s/n of such things as the generator and microwave. It also came with a black suitcase type thing filled with documentation of different accessories such as the KVH satellite dome and stereo. It also came with Workhorse books. Newmar might can help you with one. If not, another KS owner might can help. You have a nice MH and one of the best values for price on the road IMO.
Old 01-29-2006, 02:06 PM   #6

I just bought an '06 KSDP. I found the "Newmar Owner's Manual" lacking in information. As previously stated, it refers you to the individual manuals for the 3rd party equipment.
I too would have like to seen a more in-depth book on the features and how-to do some of the things on the unit.

Newmar '06 KSDP 3511
flnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 06:50 PM   #7

I called Newmar today and they told me that I had to go to a Newmar dealer and oder one form them for a 2003..

Thanks for the posting
Old 01-31-2006, 02:29 AM   #8

To; LeeB

With my 2 new Newmars, a 2000 and a 2002, newmar provided 3 ring binders and video tapes.

The binders contained manufacturers owners manuals and registration forms.

With all the info re; contents, I don't think there is much more they can provide,

The best thing for you to do is when you have a problem or question, post it here and I'm sure you'll get help and answers fast..

Hope this info helps.. Thanks===== AJBJRVERS
Old 01-31-2006, 02:09 PM   #9

LeeB : check your PM for a possible solution. ED
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote