Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2022, 08:12 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Fisher Paykel Drawer Dishwasher

On our 2020 Ventana 4037 we had the strangest thing happen on our dishwasher. It was working fine then one day the open close cycle reversed. To get the dishwasher to open you need to press the power button to get the door to open and unlock. Then to close it it does not close on its own and lock when when you shut the door. You need to press the power button to get it to lock but then you cannot run the dishwasher. I have tried to open the breaker to get it to re-set, push multiple buttons but nothing gets it to work normal. Has anyone had this happen and share you experience before I call for service to come out.
Chargersrt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2022, 11:18 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersrt8 View Post
On our 2020 Ventana 4037 we had the strangest thing happen on our dishwasher. It was working fine then one day the open close cycle reversed. To get the dishwasher to open you need to press the power button to get the door to open and unlock. Then to close it it does not close on its own and lock when when you shut the door. You need to press the power button to get it to lock but then you cannot run the dishwasher. I have tried to open the breaker to get it to re-set, push multiple buttons but nothing gets it to work normal. Has anyone had this happen and share you experience before I call for service to come out.
Yes we had that happen on ours, but I can't remember how we corrected it. I think you have to push and hold one of the button but Im not sure. If you have a user manual I think we found the answer there.
Fanukalum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 05:39 AM   #3

It happens when the dishwasher is put in transport mode. I don’t remember the menu option for it, but if you go into programming there are several door behaviors available. It can be set incorrectly if someone holds buttons down.
Suburbazine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 12:52 PM   #4

Is the drawer locking correctly or is that messed up as well? Turn off the unit, hold the lock for 8 seconds and see if you hear the 2 beeps. Then hold the lock again for 8 seconds and see if it functions normal.
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 06:13 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thank you for the replies. I tried both procedures and it still is acting backwards on the open close and lock. If it is open the power stays on and when you go to close the unit it does not lock. To get it to lock you turn off power and it locks and the power goes off and you cannot run the dishwasher. When closed and locked you once again turn power on and it opens then you have to do the same thing to close it. It is really strange.
Chargersrt8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dish, dishwasher, washer